wait wait wait i just thought of something hold on
449 notes · View notes
Take it from the biochemist who used to work with vaccines:
1. Some vaccines will keep you from getting sick: measles, mumps, rubella, etc.
2. Some vaccines won't keep you from getting sick, but it will keep you from dying: COVID, flu, etc.
3. Some people can't get vaccines, or vaccines don't work for them. They are a tiny percentage of the population.
4. Side effects from vaccines are normal.
5. mRNA vaccine technology has been around for 20 years. It's not *that* new.
6. Vaccine cards have been around for a very long time. You'd know that if you traveled to certain countries.
7. I'm getting tired of saying all this stuff to people. At this point, I don't give a flying fuck what you believe, grow the fuck up and just get your fucking vaccine and/or booster shot. But if you insist on being a selfish asshole, stay the fuck away from me.
168 notes · View notes
If I had the balls, a couple of friends, and the costumes I would 100% go around anti-vax rallies just fucking doing this:
116 notes · View notes
Hi all my sexy tumblrs..I know I’ve been missing and neglecting my messages and I do apologize..last week Covid found my body and decided to stay and kick my fuckin ass even as I am fully vaccinated and lead an active healthy lifestyle.. It’s been a full week, 24 hours a day of the most miserable symptoms worse than the flu I have ever experienced .. I’m feeling alittle better today which gives me hope I’m going in the right direction.. I’m not here for sympathy or to tell you what to do or to scare anyone just to INFORM.. please be SAFE and I’ll be back soon to posting 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
34 notes · View notes
“They found a 41-fold drop in the ability of the antibodies to neutralize the omicron variant compared with the original virus.“
If this holds true on a larger scale, this means very, very bad. 41 times less effective? It’s like it blows right by the vaccine as if it weren’t there.
This is why I’ve spoken out against “initial reports” that “omicron symptoms are mild.” I’m seeing people echo chamber this already. I hope the symptoms really are mild, we know next to nothing about this variant yet. But it’s defense penetration is much more skilled than the original and even delta.
35 notes · View notes
Discarded face masks on cyclone fence around a decrepit sub-station. Another day in the Emerald City. Camperdown.
44 notes · View notes
Cartoon by Mike Luckovich
Cartoon by Steve Breen
A very Covid Christmas 2021 brought to you by the Fox “News” antivaccer brigade...
23 notes · View notes
watching Contagion (or any pandemic media made pre-covid tbh) during the pandemic will never not be wild. they cured the MEV-1 in 133 days, less than a year. we're nearly TWO YEARS into the pandemic and we're still in quarantine
18 notes · View notes
Everyone, my mom has Covid so if you could keep her in your prayers, that would be appreciated 🤍.
And yes, she is fully vaccinated.
19 notes · View notes
"The trajectory of this pandemic is in our hands," Maria Van Kerkhove, the World Health Organization's top expert on the COVID crisis, told reporters recently.
Can we "reach a state where we have gained control over transmission in 2022? Absolutely," she said. "We could have done that already, but we haven't."
That’s exactly the issue, the pandemic could have been over by now if everyone stuck to the game plan of getting vaccinated, boosted, wearing masks, etc. It could have been done by now if everyone did their part. Do your part, and it ends.
20 notes · View notes
Cartoon by Steve Sack
24K notes · View notes