Danny Phantom au where no one knows he’s a halfa and because he can empathize with both sides of ghosts and humans, he just can’t resist helping them both out
...except, he keeps doing it with the reverse identity, so the humans trust Phantom, the ghost who protects them from other ghosts, and the ghosts like Danny, the son of the ghost hunters who keeps helping them escape before his parents hurt them
The phrase 'i wish' is avoided like the plague. Anyone even remotely close to saying it has a hand hurriedly slapped over their mouth with a fearful glance cast around. Can't be too safe.
Boxes are never kept too long. But they're also never destroyed. To destroy them is to invoke corrugated catastrophe so they're instead specially dumped in an old warehouse for some semblance of peace.
'Nerdy' or bullied children in town seemed to have developed an aversion to mirrors. When pressed for their fear they respond something along the lines of not wanting their souls trapped like a poindexter or something.....
Bikers tend to ride in groups for safety. A lone biker caught unawares may hear the revving of an unseen engine and challenged to a race that doesn't usually bode well for them.
All the Amity Park teens know a song. They hum it often under their breaths unknowingly when they're unfocused but they can never quite remember the lyrics or the singer even if its on the tip of their tongue.
Amity parkers hate the government way more than the average citizen.
Unlike boxes, unused tech is dispatched of as quickly as possible by whatever means necessary.
Did you hear? They say you can see a young girl with glowing green eyes dancing amongst the fairy circles in the forests of Amity, twirling and spinning with carefree glee, laughter like chimes echoing throughout the twisting trees and bush.
I may have gone just a taaaaad overboard for this one 9v9″ but it made for great practise trying out a faster means of painting backgrounds for the comic I promise! Wild colour practise too! It’s hard to stop myself working on a piece, it’s a fine line between finished and overworked sometimes @c@
I’m trying harder these days to not drive myself nuts to polish up each piece in an attempt for perfection, I try hard to remember this old story about a pottery class split into two, challenged to make the better Vase with a set time limit, one group each made just one each, but poured hours of work into their individual pieces. The second, set to make as many as they could within the time limit, and funny enough, wouldn’t yah know, it was the latter group who won!
To cut it short, It ain’t always a case of making “the singular perfect painting” but rather to grow with each piece you put out, both in terms of quality and speed!
Okay so I’ve been seeing ‘Masters of all time’ getting Flack lately as one of DP’s bad episodes. Which don’t get me wrong. I see flaws. They really missed out on giving Jack his own creative ghost form instead of just slapping him with Vlad’s and the sickness in this episode pretty much just works however the plot needs it to. Having said that, this is one of my favorite episodes. Allow me to gush over why:
1. Jack and Maddie having another nerdy hobby beyond ghost hunting, ‘80′s nostalgia’ is super cute. I love that they start this episode giving Danny his wallet, a big hug, and telling him they love him, It’s just, 😘
2. Danny coming up with the idea to use get his ghostly ally who specializes in time travel to make it so his arch nemesis doesn’t get super powers is smart on Danny’s part. Make it so no one get’s ecto acne. It goes wrong because of course it does, We gotta have time travel shenanigans. Also I totally can see why Clockwork would not let Danny try again. The guy has big “Don’t involve me in your shit” vibes.
3. What this episode says about Jack. When he get’s ghost powers, what does he do? First he tries to be a superhero just like his son, but it doesn’t go well because Jack is on his own and he doesn’t do well alone, hence why he didn’t get too far as a ghost hunter without Maddie.
4. His best friend ditched him when he got sick and ran off with the love of his life, the exact same dick move he pulled on Vlad in the OG timeline that Vlad deemed as unforgivable. But Jack doesn’t focus on hating Vlad. His biggest concern is that he’s not good enough for Maddie now that he’s part ghost.
5. What it says about Maddie. Jack never stole Maddie, she just chose him. Even when Vlad has no obstacles in his way, he can’t get Maddie to fall for him without lying to her, and when she does choose him because she thinks he’s the only safe option, she’s not happy. She has to suppress her passions because she doesn’t want to deal with Vlad getting upset over it.
6. This episode solidifies that Vlad loves the idea of Maddie and not her as an actual person. He makes her live the life HE wants for her. He doesn’t respect her real passions.
7. Power reveals who a person really is deep inside. It was never the accident that made Vlad the person that he was. He always felt like he was entitled to Maddie’s love, and when he got his big do over to have everything go right, he still uses manipulation and control. (Now I know that people want a redemption arc for Vlad but I think that can only happen when he hits his rock bottom. He can’t scheme anymore. The people he’d normally pin blame on are gone, there’s nothing to do BUT be a better person.)
8. Jack protecting Danny from Vlad because he recognizes how evil his former friend really is. Don’t tell me that didn’t feel good.
This has been probably done few times already but i wanted to share my take on uhh... different kind? of hazmat suit for Danny.
more ideas under cut:
This suit was made by and for ghost hunters, so it was made with anti-ghost technology. Because of that, after the accident, most of Danny's ghost powers, like flight, intangibility and invisibility, were sealed. The suit is keeping ghost energy from getting outside, the same way it is from getting it inside. Unfortunately, heat from electricity melted the zip and buckles, so he is stuck inside.
Danny can still use ectorays because of the damage on his right glove from getting electrocuted to death. Charging them takes some time, so his main strategy are singular but strong and well aimed shots.
Not being able to emit ghost energy like every other ghost, makes his attacks more concentrated and thus more powerful. This also lets him use powers in human form far easier, which is helpful when he needs to disappear. (and maybe he gets sick after not using them for a while? 👀)
The suit is oversized which makes Danny slow and clumsy in fights, so instead of using agility, he tanks most attacks. It can take it, but in every fight it gets slowly damaged more and more. This lets him slowly use more abilities in his ghost form, but also lefts him more hurt after each fight.
Danny thinks it's because he and his enemies are just getting more powerful, so it is a bit of surprise for him when in his final battle the suit finally falls apart...
I see your "someone tries to summon the Ghost King and gets a very confused Danny" fics and raise you a "Danny gets mail meant for Pariah Dark, but addressed to 'the Ghost King' by people who weren't updated, and now has several invites to join villain leagues.".
This is a small "teaser" of the idea I want to try after I'm done boarding the story. Like a sort of motion-comic thing. Also, just a heads up, as I'm not an expert in sound effects, the final composition will NOT have sound. Sorry.
Just a lil quickims tonight, I know I'm so behind but this ain’t been the only project I've been working on this month~ >vO The scripting for the Ectober comic is coming along real well! I’ve officially past the point in written notes where I left off, and lemme tell yah, I’m just so happy to have the chance to actually try again, it’s been unreal I'll be honest, but you know what they say! Third times the charm!~
it’s no secret that Danny Phantom is largely inspired by Spiderman, with a lot of DP characters being based on spidey characters - and its possibly most obvious with Dash Baxter being based on the most notable bully-turned-friend of all time, Flash Thompson.
of course, Flash Thompson ended up bonding with the symbiote to become Agent Venom, a hero and ally to his pal spidey - so my partner and i were thinking wouldn’t it be cool if Dash got something similar? working with that premise, we immediately started brainstorming and eventually decided that, well. if Shade’s whole deal involves using shadows to camouflage herself and others - so, different from intangibility - but still with all the abilities of a typical ghost including overshadowing, then surely she would qualify as the most analogous to the symbiote wouldn’t she?
so the idea is based on elmer’s summary of Shade’s deal being that she would be an enemy turned ally to Valerie, and somewhere in the middle of this - either as an enemy or after she’s an ally - she overshadows Dash for whatever reason, but they get character development and willingly decide to become the hero PolterDash in a similar fashion to Agent Venom (well, i was originally thinking just “Poltergeist” but given all the other alter ego names it seems inserting Dash’s name in the word is more likely...)
and yes i redesigned Shade... again... just to make this idea work