uther was like "i hate magic so much that i commit genocide and drown babies and children over it" and then the moment he becomes a ghost he's slamming doors, dropping chandeliers, knocking out ppl and general magical tomfoolery like. sir. sir i HATE u
201 notes · View notes
Never let me go~
114 notes · View notes
luella: hey dad, i was just about to go to bed! i had a really rough day and--
bo: honey, i have something i need to tell you.......
63 notes · View notes
Platonic f/o: What’s up guys? I’m back.
S/I: What the- you can’t be here. You’re dead. I literally saw you die.
Platonic f/o: Death is a social construct.
61 notes · View notes
jin guangyao: what can i say... sometimes a day just has bad vibes and you gotta deal with it ya know...
nie mingjue: *qi deviating in the background* SHU T T H E FU CK U P
57 notes · View notes
I’m about to get really personal, you’ve been warned.
I’m the younger one of two, so I haven’t experienced the middle child dynamic myself. But I do am a kid of a middle child, and if there’s any “takes on the responsibilites of the family (and everyone around her) and has too much on her plate while silently suffering” person I know... it’s my mother.
I swear to god, seeing Luisa break down while watching Encanto, really reminded me of seeing my mother break down during the final months of her life, When she realized she could no longer carry the weight she used to. There’s something unexplainable about watching your dying mother, who instead of crying about herself, is crying about what’s going to happen to her two disabled daughters once she’s out of the picture and can no longer look after them.
That’s why it literally NEVER felt weird to me that Luisa is the strong one, carrying all the weight (both literally and metaphorically) while being the middle child. And it still baffles me some people genuinely believe that’s an eldest child exclusive thing....
It’s like... your birth order doesn’t always determine everything about your life (even within your own family) and the sooner people realize that, the better.
38 notes · View notes
OK SO HEAR ME OUT
Xornoth is actually similar to a physical sickness. He infects through your blood. He has to pierce your body in some way to take you over. The closer he gets to your heart, an artery, or your spine is how fast it takes over and how hard to fight it is. At a certain point, you die while he controls. He has your body forever now, though he dislikes the rot that occurs, so he works to keep the host at least partially alive.
Sausage was stabbed through the hand with one of the crimson vines and now has a large X shaped scar there, and that hand is now a lot stiffer and almost completely numb. Because of how non-vital the area was, though, the possession was fought off well and completely.
Now for just what I thought of for a fwhip possession that I desperately wanna see-
He finds the necklace with crystal Xornoth on it. He puts it on, and Xornoth talks to him. Scott is so far away that Xornoth isn't constantly weakened by his brothers presence. Fwhip is distrusting, but he is also vengeful and angry, so he listens to what Xornoth has to say. Eventually, Xornoth manipulates him into doing things to make him strong enough to control the string he is on, twisting it around Fwhips throat and cutting it open (and making Fwhip pass out.) With his body open for the taking, and no consciousness to fight back, Xornoth takes over completely. Fwhip is barely there anymore. Xornoth enjoys the strong, agile body that isn't constantly fighting like Sausage did.
The only downside is that everyone can see the new, angry, red scar around his neck, because he gave his scarf to Gem in an attempt to keep her warm. To be fair though, Xornoth isn't trying to hide that he is back. Scott isn't here to fight, Gem is too weak to, and most others are too scared to resist, or don't care. Joey is very conflicted. Fwhip is hot now. It scares him more then Xornoths actual form did.
How to fix it? HAH no idea! My job is just to make the angst, not also make it better :p
Feel free to add anything you'd like ✨✨
47 notes · View notes
had a “kyuu is freaking dead” kind of art day
26 notes · View notes
beginning | previous | next
Arya: I’m not much of an outdoors person, but this place is so pretty you can almost forget it’s freezing fucking cold.
Bobbie: You know, you have a say in our plan locations, right?
A: I know, but you were so excited to come here!
B: Yeah… Last time I came here, I was with Dee.
B: I uh- cleaned her room- I mean, I tried to clean her room. I looked literally everywhere for a note. I don’t think she left one.
A: Oh- I’m so sorry, Bobbie.
B: I’m sorry, I’m really a mess right now.
A: I don’t think so. You’re fairly remarkable, actually.
A: I mean, if it weren’t for you, she probably wouldn’t be alive, right? Dee’s really lucky to have you.
B: [stubbing out cigarette] If I reached out more, she probably wouldn’t need to be in the hospital at all.
A: You can’t blame yourself.
B: [sigh] We don’t have to talk about that right now.
A: [nodding sympathetically] Okay.
33 notes · View notes
A creature concept from a dream I had. Deer with death essence depending on what happened in the area they emerge from. This one being from a burnt hangman's tree.
22 notes · View notes
what do you mean?? He' s right here
21 notes · View notes
Angel is Open for Interpretation
Tw: Referenced/Implied Sex trafficking. Religious elements. Revenge and Death
Week 3: Harpies
North liked to consider herself a guardian of sorts. She didn’t rank among the angels, the being that determined that decided she was to vengeful for that, which was fine. She enjoyed being a harpy. A harbinger of punishment. She knew of many a human who deserved to be punished. After all those who had killed her had gone unpunished.
She had been sold at a young age, her family hadn’t been well off. They had made it seem like she would be helping, so at the time she had gone willingly. If she had known then what would be done to her she wouldn’t have. But that was the thing about being dead, wasn’t it? She had all the time in the world to look back on all the things she could have done. Like pick a better time to try and escape for instance, but desperation was an all consuming thing.
Somewhere between getting beaten and dying she had sworn revenge. No one would have to go through the things she had. It was that need for revenge that had gotten her turned into a harpy rather than an angel but she was fine with that. Angels weren’t allowed to get revenge, and was revenge was all she wanted. To get back at the people who had done this to her, and keep it from happening to anyone else.
She knew harpies were commonly feared, and blamed for disappearances when it came to food, crops, or people. What most humans didn’t know though, was that they didn’t take from those who didn’t deserve it. They only understood the stories told by the people around them, and no corrupt official was going to admit to being as much. So harpies became considered harbingers of bad luck, but North didn’t mind. She could be so much worse than bad luck when she needed to.
That being said, not all humans feared harpies. She knew of exactly one. His name was Josh and they were close. He had saved her from a net, and in turn she had saved him from being kidnapped. It came as an understanding that he could come to her when he needed help, and she could come to him for the same reasons. She often came to him when she was lonely as well.
He was kind to her, which was something she hadn’t known in life either so she relished in it. She tried to be as well, but kindness didn’t come easy to her. She liked to think Josh understood. There was a bit of a language barrier. Time had been lost to her and the language she knew had long since died, and the one Josh spoke she couldn’t understand, but his voice was a comfort never the less. She would often bring him fish, and he would share it with her once it had been prepared. He lived alone so no one questioned her presence. It was nice.
She began to mark the passage of time in the lines that made their home on Josh’s face. There came times when she couldn’t visit him as often as she liked. Times had changed and she was having a hard time keeping up with all the people that she needed to protect. Somewhere in all of those years Death came for Josh. She was there for that, she didn’t want to be, but if she hadn’t been he would have been alone. After all the kindness he had shown, she wasn’t surprised when he was granted angel-hood. It also meant they couldn’t talk much anymore, she ran the risk of corrupting him and after everything that was the last thing she wanted.
She was able to focus better now, and liked to believe she was helping the world become a better place. They left gifts for each other in the place Josh once called home. She would leave him the treasures of the people she took, and he would tip her off about other people. They both pretended not to notice the greying of his feathers. As an angel he could finally understand her, it was something she never knew she wanted. She just wished it could have gone better.
She arrived at their spot, expecting a note, not Josh. He wasn’t supposed to be there, they weren’t supposed to see one another. If he was here, then that meant he had fallen, that she had corrupted him.
“I’m sorry.” She said.
“Don’t be.” He said and she froze, “I chose this. There is no reason for me to be up there when you’re stuck here.”
“Me?” She replied eloquently, “You went through that for me?”
He turned to face her with a smile, “Who else? I’ve spent a lifetime with you already. What’s forever compared to that.”
Angels and Harpies alike where said to once have been the guardians of man. One the protector, and the other the punisher. If one were to listen closely, they could hear a tale of a story of an angel that fell for a Harpy. To meet them, it was said, meant a fate worth than death. But no one could no for sure because Angel was a word with an open definition.
32 notes · View notes
Bartlett v Death
Death wins. He always does in the end.
31 notes · View notes
I’m really late because I wasn’t able to draw very much this week but. that lore stream huh. I’m probably going to draw him again soon with an updated design because I had more ideas for it after I was already done.
24 notes · View notes
I've lost loved ones before. Three of my grandparents died when I was old enough to understand what was going on (the fourth died when I was three).
And I've lost pets before. Several goldfish, and a rabbit named Jessie who was already on the older side when we got her. Nothing that lived with us more than two or three years.
So I'm used to grief with both people and animals (even if the last time I grieved a pet was over a decade ago).
What I'm not used to is losing someone I saw daily for over a decade.
It's like the eerieness of stepping into my grandparents' homes and them not being there, but every day, in my own home. Daily routines I start doing automatically. Hearing a noise and attributing it to him.
With my grandparents I could escape the grief for a while, because them not being there all of the time was normal. Even for my paternal grandparents, who lived only a three minute walk away. They had their own home, their own lives. No matter how often they visited, a visit was a visit.
Their absence only became apparent when it was notable. When I visited their homes, when they weren't there for occasions, every couple days when I remembered they hadn't visited recently. I could forget they were gone, for a while.
But here the absence is glaring and ever-present. Continuous, with the only reprieve to be found in leaving the house. Which isn't exactly advisable, because pandemic.
I'm left with a new level of respect for my paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother, who continued living in their family homes for over a decade after their spouses died, until their own deaths. That must have been so fucking difficult, to endure such a worse grief, constantly. Unable to forget for a moment.
I wish I could tell them that.
24 notes · View notes
i hate that i can’t control my anxiety
21 notes · View notes
headcanon dump because im lazy
- alcina has poor eye sight, and needs reading glasses. her eyesight has degraded because of her transformation, but she is self-conscious of wearing her spectacles unless she’s in fact reading. alone.
- heisenberg would call her a speccy old bitch and she knows it and she could Not take it
- she does the mom squint whenever an object is put in front of her face.
- she and heisenberg were once close. when he tried to tell her of his belief that miranda was abusing and exploiting them she hit him and kicked him out of her house and May have threatened to kill him. after that their relationship developed over decades into what it is we see in the game.
- if she had been less proud, she could have called heisenberg to come because her daughters were dying. and he would have. and maybe they could have lived.
- @hallucineugenics and i were talking about an AU where the cadou died and the lords began dying as a result. please check this post out. i just wanted to add that out of a real, sincere, dutiful love toward a familiar ‘familial’ figure - donna - she would have mercy killed her to spare her further pain.
- alcina is a mean, classist, selfish woman but she’s not manipulative. she can be a bully, she can force an issue, but she never really tries to disguise her directness. even in-game, she never tries to manipulate ethan with false knowledge about rose, she attacks him and sneers at him that rose isn’t even here. idk, alcina’s not that kind of bully. she’s honest. she’s very loyal if you’re important to her.
- she used to be a great liar, able to commit fully. when in her ‘human’ life, whenever things spiralled out of control - which was often - she would lie all around her if it helped. post transformation, she has been backed into corners far less. now? she can slice her way through instead.
- for a really powerful lady, she is LAUGHABLY SOFT on her daughters. particularly daniela.
- she was maddeningly alone before her daughters and it affected her well being. she even went so far as to ask moreau for help in casting a spell which she thinks is not real normally so you know it was bad.
- alcina “co-parented” her children with miranda (canon) and thought miranda would be like a full time mother with her. that didn’t happen.
- in a human verse, alcina would be 6″3 and suffering from chronic pain/a blood disorder.
- in a pirate verse she is 6″3, trying to build a pirate empire to then retire on top. is convinced she was cursed by a sea creature and so she drinks the blood of her enemies. i repeat, she is not actually a vampire in this verse. she’s just quirky.
- if alcina could pick a “world” to live in, she would hands down pick bridgerton.
- she cannot speak romanian well at all because she is A COLONISER. a leech to the people of the village. she knows the basics, and she knows terms of affection, but that’s it.
- alcina’s tearducts have all but dried out, but she cries when angry and if she was forced to stay in an ugly bedroom she would cry. from anger.
- everyone’s blood has a distinct taste / smell to her.
- alcina hates swearing. she might say damn. but she thinks its Low Brow.
- alcina is the hyper competent, hyper resentful aunt who shows up to thanksgiving, manages everything, gets angry at ppl being dumb, gets angry at how stressful her lakc of delegation has made things, get drunk, chill out, forget to clean up.
- her funky textured skin comes from a time when she got pushed into the sun by the son of a woman she killed. her hands went to protect her face and got so badly burned that for pain and vanity she never removes her gloves, ever.
- an emotional eater. will sulk and snack on chocolate. she doesnt even need to eat food.
- she’s such an extrovert and there’s no one around. pls be a classy wine mom friend for my murder wine mom pls.
- live laugh love? no
- kill cadou cult
24 notes · View notes
the grief manual:
- louis l'amour: "all loose things seem to drift down to the sea, and so did i." i think that one day i will write that in the sand and watch the water wash it away and maybe that's the secret magic spell
- buffy's the body. anya's speech, "i was having fruit punch and i thought: joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever. and she'll never have eggs, or yawn, or brush her hair, not ever - and no one will explain to me why." tara's comment that it's always sudden, even if you know it's coming. buffy's comment that she's never done this before - this grieving a parent
- gandalf, or olorin, who was a disciple of nienna, a valar whose power was to weep forever. her power is to turn grief into wisdom
- mary oliver
- cristina yang and her introduction to the dead dad's club. "i don't know how to exist in the world where my dad doesn't. " "yeah, that never really changes."
- kurt vonnegut
15 notes · View notes
Comments left by Kentaro Miura (author of Berserk) on Young Animal Magazine when he was drawing Berserk and commentaries at the end of the book.
This has been shared before but it is well known that manga authors have brutal schedules they have to work under. So many have died before old age due to health issues.
To quote Junji Ito:
“Sleep is very important. Everyone get enough sleep. Many manga artists die young and it’s because they don’t sleep. Your best ideas will come to you when you’re sleeping. Please everyone get some sleep.”
Remember Manga authors are human beings that deserve better work conditions in their industry.
Let me add here that Master Miura paid attention to his time and health especially the last decade. His editor, his team and his colleagues cared dearly about him.
Honor him by taking care of yourself as well and value your time here.
RIP Master Miura.
Thank you for all the hard work.
38K notes · View notes
just sharing this for anyone who needs it rn
44K notes · View notes