Bruno hcs because I'm officially obsessed
(under a cut bc it got long-ish)
- VERY shy, VERY introverted. You hath not met more of a nervous indoor man.
- And he generally prefers being inside too, and he likes smaller spaces. The bigger the area / the windier it is, the easier it is to see into the future.
- And it's not like he doesn't mind seeing into the future - he's workin' on it.
- I think this man would like Disney. Just a vibe. Would prefer to go on more crowded / less windy days, and doesn't really like the rides, but likes character performances and the food.
- A terrible chef but he's trying his absolute best and he'll get better over time.
- Frail ass boy prolly gets hurt more easily. Needs tlc <3
- He says whatever he's thinking (POS!!!!)
- just... The outfits this man can work. Any color any style (someone put him in a ball gown plsplsplspLSPLS)
- He usually wears green though. And a lot of comfy clothes: sweats, cheap shirts, his cape if he's cold (which he usually is)
- The cape is honestly a comfort item. He will literally throw hands if you try and take it away from him. He has a ritualistic way of washing it and it honestly works you have no idea how it comes out looking so shiny.
- A big self-isolator when stressing. You can tell if he's in a bad mood if: 1) his hood is up, 2) more compulsive knocking than usual, 3) more time spent in corners and closets
- panic attacks require immediate hugs. He's incredibility rambly and sad and all you can do is either give him his space or cuddle him close and reassure him that, yes, you love him, no, he's not a burden, and of course, he's not annoying and actually very fun to hang out with.
- once he finally catches his breath and feels a bit better, he makes you both snacks. Sliced cucumbers and homemade humus. An egg with a side of freshly chopped salsa. It helps him clear his mind and get back to reality.
- He's still wary about his powers. He tests them out with smaller experiments, seeing if he can control the time / area / specificity.
- Salt. Salt everywhere. You thought it was funny in the movie but imagine going to the living room and feeling like you've teleported to the beach.
- It's cool though he's cute so he can get away with it.
- Him doing magic on a beach looks superfreakincool. Sand and water, and sunlight glimmering down onto reflections...
- Love him. Best boy <3
I can't have anything. /j
small cultural & Colombia/Latin related details from Encanto 🇨🇴
the flowers on Isabela’s dress - cattleya trianae orchids (may lilies), national flowers of Colombia
Camilo snapping his fingers when he is excited
Mirabel using her lips to point
flowered balconies (like in Cartagena)
ruanas (ponchos) that Bruno and Camilo wore
inviting the whole town/neighbourhood to a party
sombrero vueltiao - traditional Colombian hat
Isabela being covered in the colors of Colombian flag (🇨🇴) during her song
and many many more!
(this is for all the people who still say Encanto is not about Colombians ; sorry about the quality of the gifs)
bruno inside the wall during isabela's engagement dinner
~ LET IT RAIN ! I do believe that the young triplets used to support each other when they were struggling with their gifts… But Alma eventually lead them to repress their feelings and add more and more pressure on their shoulders with years passing.
Bruno showing Julieta and Pepa his rat telenovela:
i’m rlly glad with the way luisa was portrayed in encanto. bcus she is strong, she is built muscly and broad and tall. BUT she also wears dresses and doesn’t have a ‘boyish’ hairstyle. she isn’t masculine. she’s feminine.
yk a lot of women in fiction who are portrayed as strong are always immediately made to be masculine as well. and obviously this solidifies the “men are strong” stereotype. women in fiction who are muscly, or who are fighters or who are strong are almost ALWAYS portrayed as masculine but luisa isn’t.
women can be strong and feminine. women can be muscly and wear dresses. and that strength that’s “all so masculine and man like (/sarc)” doesn’t take anything away from their womanhood/femininity.
because people where asking for it, a part 2 to this post!
the colours where a lot harder to match, but i hope everyone likes it
and again, background under the cut because it looked nice