A Gintama chapter a day keeps the ending away...Lesson 623
MY 10 FAVORITE MOMENTS IN LESSON 623:
1) I just liked their matching cool expressions.
2) I loved seeing more of Otose’s past with Jirochou and Tatsugorou...although it started to make me worry that the reason we were getting it was because Jirochon wasn’t going to live through the battle with the Shinra.
3) Jirochou and Tatsugorou basically met cute.
4) I’m surprised Otose didn’t show up and knock some sense into both of them for trying to decide her future without first actually asking her.
5) This made my heart so heavy...again, I really felt how much Jirochou missed Tatsugorou...how great of a loss it was to him.
6) Another awesome fight sequence...
7) ...loved seeing Jirochon and Pirarin fighting alongside the Yorozuya.
8) I really really liked this whole set up...
9)...I was totally surprised by the twist. Awesome strategy.
10) YESSS! Now I wanna rewatch the episode with this fight.
Tatsugorou x Ayano: their time together was way too short, and it kinda breaks my heart that Otose decided to stay a widow for the rest of her life, but I also understand.
Jirochou x Otose: although sometimes, I still wish Otose and Jirochou would still get together since so much time has already passed since Tatsugorou’s death. Just so they won’t be alone and can share and enjoy their memories of Tatsugorou together..
Jirochou x Tatsugorou: I totally felt their chemistry; and of course they remind me a lot of Gintoki and Hijikata, which was on purpose. If they weren’t already in love with Otose or if she didn’t exist, who knows what could have happened between them. They could have been the GinHiji before my GinHiji was born.
Jirochou x Gintoki: technically, I see Gintoki more as an amalgam of both Jirochou and Tatsugorou, but since Otose sees her husband in him, and Tatsugorou was shippable with Jirochou, then by that logic Gintoki is shippable with Jirochou as well.
Disclaimer: Gintama is not only about shipping. Gintama is hilarious, clever, exciting, poignant, heart-breaking, loving, brilliant, and just so freaking amazing. It is only due to Sorachi-sama’s generosity that I can enjoy Gintama on yet another level, the shippy level, and I am forever grateful for that. GINTAMA IS LIFE AND LOVE.
20 notes · View notes