I'm still seeing a few comments on YT saying "I thought he was gonna propose!" or "still, why not rings? Rings can be modified as necklace so no one's gonna find out.."
Well, this is just my opinion but since Cheri Maho puts lots of thoughts in color details..
The pose screams nothing but proposing, offering custom-made gift in red matte box.
As for the color, most of us already familiar that combination of red and gold is identical with traditional Chinese celebrations, mostly weddings, new years, birthdays, everything that needs celebrations and wishing for good luck, and this dated back since ancient times.
And here it says and I quote:
"In the case of Japan, both China and Korea had heavy influences on the traditional colors of Japan early on in history".
"The history of red in Japan traces back to ancient times. The symbolic meaning of red is peace and the prosperity of the family. Also symbolises self-sacrifice, passion, carnal desires (Kurosawa wore all red in Adachi's nightmare 😆). Golden is considered the best color, represents wealth, reserved for emperors, and symbolises the power of heavens."
Fun facts: in modern japanese, 3 things associated closely with red includes cherry, paint, and public phone. It is also the same character Red = aka (赤) in Akaso Eiji.
Another post already explained well about the possibility of Fountain Pen meaning.
Edit: TYSM for @chibbysmama for telling me that @CherrymCherrym1 on twt had pointed out that this is actually Toyokawa's slogan for one of their pen product. Written on the poster behind Rokkaku and Fujisaki in ep 12 when he asked her plan for x-mas (link to tweet in notes)
Translation : a lifetime stationery for your loved one
Also, imo the duality of its purpose really fits Kurosawa's personality, as in:
We know how sentimental he is! Pens are one of Toyokawa's specialties and it's the very place he met Adachi and be together with him.
It IS easy to camouflage since they work in stationery company. But Adachi loves stationery and anyone knew he always had a pen on his breast pocket so easy to say as long as he wears his work suit, it'll never part from his body. And I think that could be Kurosawa's intention because he wants it to be handy and be with Adachi all the time but also be visible to everyone! If the ring was worn as necklace it wouldn't show...
We all know by now Kurosawa is the jealous type and not subtle at all 😅 I mean with everyone around them, how come this counts as subtle?!
Hexagon might be dense but the others will found out sooner or later 😂 and I bet Kurosawa wouldn't mind if that happened.
And the boldness of kissing at the office!
in a nutshell:
if this ain't intended as real proposal then Idk what is! And when Adachi answered Yes, I'm pretty sure he got completely what Kurosawa's intention is. Period.
Sources in the comment
756 notes · View notes
Cherry Magic🍒 - TV Show Review #1
Adachi gains a magical power of being able to read people’s minds by touching them when he turns 30 years old still as a virgin. He seems the power as an obstacle until he touches Kurosawa whom he finds out likes him romantically. From then on, his life changes forever.
Kurosawa played by Machida Keita—is the most popular and seemingly perfect guy that people look up to and who all of the women swoon over but he has a secret that he’s been keeping to himself for awhile.
Adachi played by Eiji Kaso—is a socially awkward and anxiety ridden but truly kind-hearted guy who doesn’t have a high opinion of himself.
Tsuge Masato played by Asaka Kodai—is Adachi’s best friend. He has that same awkward and shy type of disposition as Adachi does. Throughout the show, he comes off as someone who is overwhelmed by his emotions. He also comes across as someone who likes to question everything that happens around him.
Wataya Minato played by Goto Yutaro— is Tsuge’s love interest and quite the opposite of Tsuge. He is more outgoing and more straightforward in my opinion. He seems to know who he is and works hard towards what interests him with no apologies.
Rokkaaku Yuta played by Kusakawa Takuya—is a new employee at the company and a friend of Minato’s that looks up to Adachi and Kurosawa. He may come across as clueless in some situations but he means well. He’s always smiling and is very fun-loving and positive.
Fujisaki Nozomi played by Sato Ryo— is a colleague of Adachi, Kurosawa, and Rokkaaku. She comes across as traditional when in reality she is much more complex than she seems. She’s seen as such an attentive worker. People view her as being family-oriented when in reality she really could care less about romance. She values her freedom but feels like she needs to go along with societal standards to a certain degree. She is also really good at picking up on social cues.
- Unproblematic characters/tropes: usually shows have to have a villain of some sort but this show didn’t have anyone like that. All of the characters were just there living there lives without wreaking havoc on others and I loved seeing it. I’m also glad that it didn’t have any typical BL toxic tropes
- Has such a refreshing storyline and setting: this show is unlike any BL’s I have seen with it’s plot. The premise alone sets the audience up for something new. I also love how it surrounds people who are of a more mature age and that it deals with grown up issues and situations. I love that it’s set in the real world outside of a school setting
- Casting and characters: for me, I can confidently say that I wouldn’t want anyone else playing in these roles. Everyone did such a great job portraying there characters. I could feel every emotion and nuisance of every character. I never thought to myself “wow, what was the point of having this character”. Each character moved along the events of the story in such important and pivotal ways at some point or another
- The chemistry and relationship between the leads (Kurosawa and Adachi): to be VERY honest, I really idolize there relationship which I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing but I do lol They have one of the most healthy romantic relationships I have ever seen on my screen. You could feel the love that they had for one another through their eye contact and body language. My gosh… the chemistry was STRONG!!! With or without kissing, you could just FEEL the chemistry and love through the screen. There was no denying it!!! KUROSAWA & ADACHI SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!
- Lessons learned from the show: this show teaches many lessons on self-acceptance, self-confidence, and self-worth. I think it also shows through many instances that everything is not always what it seems. You may think someone is a certain way but they can end up surprising you in the most positive ways which I think is one of the many beauties of people in general
- High rewatch value: since this show is only 12 episodes long with 24 min time durations… it’s quite easy to go through all of the episodes fast. I literally can’t tell you how many times I have re-watched this show. I think out of my 23 years on this earth I don’t think I have ever re-watched a show this much lmao. Every time I re-watch it is as well… I catch new details that I hadn’t seen before. It’s what I would call easy viewing
- Viewer happiness: this show will have me smiling wide and giggling to myself like a little school girl lol If I am in a bad mood, it makes me feel better. If I am already in a good mood, it makes me feel EVEN better. This show is like some happiness pill or something lol
- Tsuge and Minato’s relationship: although I found both characters to be very cute independently… I wasn’t and still am not as invested in them as I am with the main couple. Tbh, them as a couple just doesn’t appeal to me if we’re keeping it 100 lol. Also, I understand that they are the secondary couple but then again I feel like also their relationship could have benefited from more development scenes throughout the show. I would have liked to have seen more from them before they made it official and after they made it official but then again I understand why they couldn’t include any and everything considering the length of the show… almost 😅
- Too short and where’s the announcement of season 2 ? lmao: for pros, I know I mentioned about the show being 12 episodes with each episode being 24 minutes long so it has a high rewatch value and you can go through the episodes fast but I am also putting that in my cons because I want MORE!!! This show is TOO good to be this short!!! I want more domestic bliss moments from Adachi and Kurosawa. I want more scenes of Fujisaka and Rokkaaku. I want to see more from everyone tbh. And why isn’t there an announcement for season 2 ? I am deprived!!! I need new scenes from these beloved characters!!!
You know how a show immediately grabs you in right from the start ? You don’t even have to debate whether or not you REALLY like it or not ? It’s for sure that you LOVE it!!! Well, that was me with Cherry Magic. I started watching Cherry Magic while it was airing after maybe 5 or 6 episodes had already aired. So, I binge watched those episodes and I had to wait for the new episodes to come out and it was pure TORTURE waiting every week for the new episodes lmao. But, every week, the new episode would top the previous one.
This show definitely is my favorite BL that I have seen so far as well as one of my favorite shows that I have seen just in general. Admittedly, when I first saw the title for this show I was like “what in the world is this ?" lmao. But, from the previews and trailers I saw, it looked really good so I gave it a shot and I have never looked back ever since.
RATING: 10/10 (it’s very rare that I give this but this show is TOO good!!! I can’t even give it a 9.5 even with my VERY minor cons that I listed. It has to be a 10 only!!!)
108 notes · View notes