Enemy to lover tropes where he fixes himself, absolute favorite
✨random pride and prejudice headcanons ✨
- Darcy's rapid pacing in the corridors of Pemberley when Lizzie was in labour
- Charles Bingley being the favourite son-in-law
- Jane realising that she does have the capability of bearing ill will towards family every time Bingley's sisters visit
- Lizzie and Darcy's steamy sessions in the library
- Darcy being scared of holding his firstborn
- Lizzie and Darcy's arguments which end with Lizzie declaring victory and Darcy goading her by murmuring, "But I would prefer to disagree, Mrs. Darcy", annoying her further.
- Lizzie and kids running in the fields, covered in mud and what-not.
- The shift in Mrs. Bennet and Lizzie's relationship when they tended to a sick little Darcy (Mrs. Bennet remembering how scarily self-sufficient Lizzie was even as a child, Lizzie realising her mother was not always wrong)
- Darcy's subtle attempts at trying to bond with Mr. Bennet, mostly met with a slight sneer that strangely reminds him of Elizabeth
- Wickham trying to engage Lizzie in conversation, only for Darcy to put a proprietary arm on her back (something very uncharacteristic for him (and 19th century) and something Lizzie doesn't quite approve of but certainly enjoys)
- Darcy teasing Lizzie about Mr. Collins and his undying love for her, Lizzie getting back by inviting him and Charlotte to Pemberley, where she and Charlotte spend their time walking in the courtyards and chatting, leaving the men to...converse.
The cast of Bridgerton says they like modern day dating better but give me a 21st century man that says "you have bewitched me, body and soul" and "you are the fond object of my affection and desire. you and you alone are the keeper of my heart" and "you pierce my soul, I am half agony, half hope" and "to meet a beautiful woman is one thing, but to meet your best friend in the most beautiful for women is something entirely apart" and
"Do you not think him a handsome man, Miss?"
"Yes, yes. I dare say he is."
Pride and prejudice 2005
Sure you might be in love but have you bewitched them body and soul?