oh to become the sweet but eccentric english teacher at a prestigious boarding school, getting overly excited when a student ask questions about my favourite book, reenacting scenes from shakespeare’s play, quoting lines from poems as i walk in the door, always holding a cup of warm tea, and in constant supply of baked goods for students having a rough day, or just in need of a snack
lorde but you’re driving in the rain music edits, earl grey tea and a streetcar named desire really out here getting me through lockdown
happy april 1st everyone! it’s so fast how time is flying but at the same time i wish it could go by faster :(
since it’s corona time, i’ve been stuck in my apartment and the only thing i see out my window is, sadly, more apartments.
nonetheless, i’ve been keeping myself occupied with the second book from the ‘to all the the boys i’ve loved before’ series. it’s so amazing so far and i highly recommend it to any hopeless romantics out there! 💞
What are y'alls unpopular opinions about books? I have a few I wanted to share and want to know if anyone had other opinions!!
- I don’t think The Bell Jar was that good. It was relatable and accurately depicted what depression looks and feels like, but I just didn’t think it was a good book.
- I find romance and sci-fi books to be extremely boring ahshhs.
- I like books that include romance, but I don’t want it to be the main plot of the book. (The Princess Bride is an exception though).
- As for sci-fi, I just never really got into it. I just find it boring
- The Catcher in the Rye sucks ass and I hate it. I mainly didn’t like it bc of the language it used (I know that this is a biased opinion bc I’m Christian, but Holden says gd too much just for the hell of it). I also didn’t like it bc Holden is an asshole
- The Great Gatsby is hard to read/understand bc I’m a big dumb dumb
- Not sure if it’s unpopular, but The Most Dangerous Game is a GOOD FUCKING SHORT STORY
- AND OCCURRENCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE CAN SUCK MY PP
- Also found family >>> any other trope
- Stephen Kings books are boring :/ he’s a great writer and I love his work but I just can’t read it because I don’t want to read fifty damn pages on an irrelevant side characters backstory; I like things to be quick and to the point
The perfect rainy day to start this book! Isn’t the cover so beautiful???
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us” J.R.R Tolkien
i feel like this has already done?? if so i’m sorry
Follow me on Instagram if you like! I follow back 💫
I watched the new film adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma yesterday and it was so good! BBC’s 2009 series adaption is still my favourite Emma adaption, but Miranda Hart as Mrs Bates and Johnny Flynn’s yearning soft boi Mr Knightley is next level. Also Rupert Graves as Mr Weston *chef’s kiss*. And the aesthetic. Damn, the aesthetic.
Plus, Autumn De Wilde, the director, brought humour into a period piece, which is what I always miss and I loved it!! Most of these characters are hilarious dumbasses, they just hide it under a lot of English repression
Me, every night at 3:24 am when the spirit of the cavalier poet that possesses me awakens: Carpe Noctem, bitches, let’s overthrow the parliament.
Day 7/? of My2020Decameron
Today was waaay lazier that the previous ones. I got up fairly late (11am) and had breakfast, then helped my mum with some chores. I spent a great amount of time translating a fanfiction I wrote from Italian to English, and though it was hard work, it was a great and rewarding language exercise.
My laziness was cut down by my phone shutting down, because I had forgotten to charge it during the night 😂
So I spent the late afternoon translating the touching poem Dolce Et Decorum Est by war poet Wilfred Owen. It wasn’t the easiest thing, but I had luckily warmed up with that fanfiction already and it was so well written thai I found great pleasure in trying and render it in Italian as well as I could.
🔹song of the day | Old Fashioned Lover Boy by Queen
Me, falling in love with Shakespeare’s spirits/faeries? It’s more likely than you think