Encanto headcanons part 2!
- Camilo has to sleep with a weighted blanket so he doesn't shapeshift in the night
- Camilo also eats loads more bc his gift takes a lot of his energy, if he doesn't he'll crash completely and be found sleeping somewhere weirdly in the casita
- Luisa and Antonio always make time to watch films together
- Bruno reminds abuela of her husband sometimes and when he does she won't look at him
- When Camilo is anxious or stressed he shapeshifts rapidly and it can be both tiring and painful
- It also happens if he drinks coffee
- Mirabel made little stuffed toys for everyone in the casita based on animals or things they like
- Antonio acts as a translator for Bruno's rats
- Bruno and Camilo put on shows together in camilo's room as it has a stage and perform said shows for the family
- When Camilo has a she/her day she has to get Dolores or Isabela to do her makeup bc she just pokes herself in the eye and it takes forever
- Camilo once shifted to look like Pedro to surprise abuela but it made her mad and upset and it's the first time his gift made someone cry and he felt very guilty afterwards
- Antonio loves the muppets
- Bruno has always been extremely anxious and his gift exacerbated that tenfold
- When doing visions with Bruno, the other person can only make out foggy details, the finer details are only clear for them if Bruno is also looking at them essentially the can only clearly see what Bruno is looking at in the point of time, and if his attention shifts to another detail that's what the person will also see
- When trying to de-stress, camilo, Dolores and Antonio also tend to mumble "clear skies, clear skies" like their mother
- If Bruno does too many visions at once he goes temporarily blind
- Shapeshifting has left camilo with incurable chronic pain
- Much like their mother, Antonio and Camilo have a quick temper
- Agustín and Félix are the pun masters and it drives everyone crazy (except for maybe Luisa and Antonio)
- Antonio is actually a massive trouble maker too, but gets away with it all the time much to camilo's annoyance
- Like it's okay when Antonio is singing defying gravity at the top of his lungs at midnight bc it's cute but camilo ends up with extra chores as punishment? Nah not fair man
- Agustín, Félix and Bruno are best mates, like ride or die
- Agustín, Félix and Bruno have a secret handshake bc of this
- Isabela, Luisa and Mirabel do as well
- But no handshake is more complex than the one Camilo and Mirabel have
- Either Camilo or Antonio have bruno as a middle name in honour of their uncle
- Something that Bruno cries about every time it's mentioned or he thinks about it
- Pepa, Juileta and Bruno have designated sibling days for them to make up for all the missed memories
Madrigal Headcannons if they were in 2022
I couldn’t shake the idea of them with Tiktok and social media
Isabela and Camilo do Tiktok dances together. They spend hours doing it and laugh whenever Camilo shape shifts into another family member to do a dance. Cause like… how else would they ever see Tia Juieta twerk??
Mirabel taught Julieta how to do TikToks and she blew up sharing recipes and giving advice. She has similar content to Tabitha Brown. Everyone loves her.
Bruno is always walking around mumbling Tiktok sounds. He spent weeks going “That’s a big word for Elmo”
Isabela listens to Doja Cat. She probably listens to Ariana Grande too.
Luisa’s workout playlist is the best.
Antonio only quotes Tiktoks he hears from his siblings and cousins. Mirabel sometimes posts him on her page giving animal facts.
Luisa likes to vlog. She doesn’t do it every day but she tries to put a video out every week.
Bruno has an old boom box from the 90s to perform his rat rap battles. Camilo keeps trying to tell him to just use his phone but Bruno likes the authenticity of the boom box.
Isabela wanted to shave her head for a while but they were afraid she’d kill Abuela if she did.
Mirabel has the led lights in her room. She changes the color to reflect her mood.
Mirabel sends Abuela Tiktoks just to make her laugh. Abuela only knows how to watch them if Mirabel sends them to her. She thinks it’s sweet that Mirabel only sends her stuff she’ll like.
Isabela and Camilo are both on gay Tiktok.
Everyone knows when Pepa is stuck in a Tiktok rabbit hole because she laughs so hard it rains and sometimes hard enough to stir up some wind.
Isabela and Camilo can’t drive. It’s the rules. They’re gay.
Felix never drives. He’ll ask Pepa to go somewhere with him and then toss her the keys. She complains every time but she’s always happy to be spending time with him.
Everyone loves when Abuela uses her record player. There’s one song she loves just because the record skips every time. (If you know you know)
Antonio likes to watch nature docs all the time.
Camilo and Bruno watch Cocomelon with Luisa to unwind.
Isabela is convinced she invented iced coffee when she was seven. Pepa is the only one to support this theory. It only happened because Pepa was hailing and some of the ice landed in Isabela’s mug.
Luisa and Agustin like to watch animal videos. They cry all the time.
Abuela plays coloring games on her phone. So does Bruno. They bond over sharing pictures they’ve done.
Felix has a secret SoundCloud. Pepa knows but she’s sworn to secrecy…Julieta and Bruno are also sworn to secrecy. Dolores is also sworn to secrecy.
The triplets discovered Snapchat filters and spend hours taking selfies. It’s really cute. Sometimes they get them printed to hang up in their rooms or to go in photo albums.
Isabela’s lockscreen is herself. Queen shit.
Luisa likes to watch cartoons with Antonio and the animals.
Bruno plays Minecraft.
All of the cousins love animal crossing. They trade turnips and stuff all the time.
Sometimes family game nights are on the switch or the bust out the Wii.
Antonio plays Roblox.
The whole family did a murder mystery once. Agustin and Dolores planned the whole thing. Everyone got really into it.
They like to race go karts and are extremely competitive.
Pepa likes Megan Thee Stallion.
Dolores hates that her Mami knows all the words to Wap.
When Bruno was away Julieta used to watch home videos on their birthday. It made her cry every single time. She was afraid to watch them with Pepa because she knew Pepa would get angry just from the hurt she felt.
Mirabel loves YouTube tutorials. So does Agustin.
Luisa is scared of roller coasters but she’ll go on if Mirabel holds her hand.
Isabela definitely dyed her hair with the money pieces in the front. They were pink first then eventually green.
Pepa likes to embarrass Julieta by telling her kids she had an undercut once. Julieta will always deny it.
The triplets have a group chat. It’s called
Pepa got called a milf once and asked Isabela what it meant. Dolores was screaming the entire time. Julieta knew what it meant but she wanted to watch it all go down.
Pepa isn’t allowed to watch Titanic.
Antonio ordered a bunch of toys and treats for his animals on Amazon and got his iPad taken away.
Camilo is more of an iPad kid than Antonio.
Luisa writes fanfiction. She’s really popular online.
blind | isabela madrigal x fem!reader
in which isabela has never seen something quite like you. inspired by role model’s song, blind.
isabela madrigal x fem!bisexual!reader
friends to lovers
warnings: profanities, use of the k-word (jokingly)
she got the gold hoops, prada fit | i’m in love with all of it
she saw you for the first time a year after casita was rebuilt. you were dressed in clothes that obviously weren’t made in a small village like encanto. you also wore gold accessories to match with your luxurious set of clothes as you shared your table with señor valencia, the middle-aged man who was known as the town’s blacksmith.
your presence was radiating confidence, your poise obvious by how you sat and how you ate your food gracefully. for some reason, she could not look away. it seemed as if isabela found herself more and more mesmerised the longer she stared at you.
isabela was seated in a booth that was right across from your table, next to her papa agustin as they waited for their dinner in a warm little restaurant in the center of encanto.
her papa must’ve caught her staring at you, and so he whispered to his oldest daughter’s ear, “that’s señorita (y/n), señor valencia’s niece. she’s from abroad but she’s staying here for the summer due to her parents’ request. the gossiping ladies on the streets claim she’s a bit of a primadonna, but i think she’s quite nice!”
when dinner ended, agustin went over to your table and invited your uncle for a couple glasses of wine back in the casita and of course, you came along. it was your first time to see the wonderful madrigal home, and you were in awe of it and its magic.
agustin placed a hand on her daughter’s shoulder as he said, “señorita (y/n), would you appreciate a tour of la casa madrigal by isabela?”
isabela looked at her father, confused. agustin just smiled at his daughter and gave her a wink.
“i would, actually! this place is amazing,” you said with a smile.
isabela, with an encouraging push on the back from her father, walked towards you.
“this way, señorita! i’ll show you to the kitchen.”
once you’ve familiarised yourself with casita (and casita has familiarised itself with you), you and isabela found yourself back in the living room. your uncle, along with agustin and felix, were laughing obnoxiously as they sipped on their wine.
“(y/n), isabela, join us!” your uncle offered you both a seat on the couch next to him as he noticed your presence.
“thank you, señor. but i’ll pass,” isabela spoke, “i kinda wanna stay up in my room for a while.”
“can you show me your room?” you spoke, looking at her with hopeful eyes.
“of course, she can!” agustin exclaimed, “how about a bottle of wine to drink while you talk up in there?”
“papa, i’ll just show her my room. we won’t be long-”
“we’d love a bottle of wine, señor!” you said with a smile.
ex-boy didn’t get the picture, cut him out of it
three hours later, you were a drunken mess in isabela’s flowery bedroom floor. you drank the entire bottle of wine while isabela just looked after you, making sure you wouldn’t hurt yourself.
it was funny how she cared for you, a foreign girl she doesn’t even know.
“isabela, isabela,” you called her name twice, trying to get her attention in your drunken state.
“yeah?” she responded.
“sit down, come here,” you patted the space next to where you were sitting, “do you think i’m pretty?”
isabela looked at you, your face a little bit too close to not have her heart racing, “i mean, yeah, you’re pretty. prettier than everyone i’ve ever seen, actually.”
“thanks, ‘bela,” you said with wide smile, “you’re pretty, too. but like, you’re the kind of pretty that isn’t just pretty. you’re the kind of pretty that makes me go wow she’s pretty everytime i look at your face.”
she blushed as flowers sprouted in her hair.
“oh my god, that’s adorable,” you commented as you reached out to take one of the flowers from her hair, “he hated flowers, you know?”
“who does?” she asked.
“hugo, my ex-boyfriend,” you said, and a part of her feels jealous at the mere fact of somebody else being lucky enough to have you.
“he sounds like a dick,” isabela said, making you laugh out loud. you were drunk, and fairly amused at your new friend.
“what’s so funny?”
“i just didn’t expect you to say things like that. to be honest, i expect you to say something like, maybe it just wasn’t meant to be, or some other corny shit. you know, i loved him so much but he wanted all these things that i just didn’t want. like, getting married and having kids and building our own perfect family,” you looked at her, tears rolling down your cheeks, “god, i’m sorry. i shouldn’t be letting this all out on you.”
“no, no, no,” isabela said, “it’s okay. i know what it’s like.”
“yeah,” she looked at you with sincerity in her dark eyes, “i was engaged to a man i didn’t love.”
you chuckled, “i guess i’m a little like you, huh?”
“i guess you are.”
i fall pretty hard, never really getting far | you make everyone look like they aren't anyone
a month had passed by and both of you were getting closer and closer. in fact, you spend all of your time together now and you were also invited to dinner at casita a few times, slowly becoming friends with each of the madrigals.
as soon as you entered the festive environment, you immediately found yourself dancing with dolores with a drink in your hand, laughing and talking with the newly-engaged woman.
speaking of casita and the madrigals, you were on your way there since there was a party to celebrate dolores and mariano’s engagement.
isabela sat on one of the tables and she lightly sipped on her drink, looking over at you with a little smile on her face.
god, you were so beautiful. and to god, she was grateful to be able to witness the beauty of you.
“never thought that i’d see the isabela madrigal so lovesick,” mariano’s familiar voice flooded her ears as he took a seat beside hers.
“what are you talking about, mariano?” she turned to look at the man.
“señorita (y/n), you’ve fallen for her, haven’t you?”
“i’ve known her for a month.”
“my point still stands,” mariano said, “i know a person in love when i see one, hermosa.”
“i don’t even know what in love is.”
“i mean, even i didn’t know what it meant to be truly in love. until dolores came along and all of the ideas i had of love turned out to be incorrect.”
“that’s real sweet of you to say, mariano.”
“but this isn’t about me, mi amiga. i know that you know that you are in love with (y/n), so what are you afraid of?”
“i’m not afraid,” isabela grumbled.
“why are you hiding your feelings?”
“why are we having this conversation?”
“isabela,” mariano looked at her seriously, “you do know that she’s only here for the summer, right? she’ll be leaving in less than two months. if i were you, i’d tell her how i feel. you never know, maybe you’ll give her a reason to stay.”
hours after the party has ended, isabela looked up at the ceiling as she laid on her bed. thinking about what mariano said. thinking about love. thinking about you.
gripping her blanket in harsh realization, she whispered to herself, “fuck, i’m in love with (y/n).”
i haven't felt a thing this year and i'm only tryin' to be sincere
“i heard you last night,” dolores nudged her favorite cousin with her elbow as they ate their breakfast.
“oooh, what did isabela say?” camilo teased.
“it’s a girl thing, you wouldn’t get it,” dolores dismissed her brother.
“i can be a girl,” camilo said before shapeshifting into you, causing isabela to drop her fork in shock, “so, what is it?
“can you not turn into (y/n)?” isabela said, annoyed.
“does it make you uncomfortable when i turn into your girlfriend? are you fighting the urge to make out with me right now?”
“ew!” isabela exclaimed, pushing camilo off his chair as he turned back to himself.
“what is going on over there?” abuela asked her three grandchildren at the other end of the table.
“nothing, abuela,” the three of them said in unison.
abuela alma went back to her food, and so did the rest of the family. camilo has turned the other way to bother mirabel and dolores nudged isabela with her elbow once again.
“i also heard señor valencia and (y/n) last night,” dolores said.
“(y/n)’s leaving in two days.”
isabela’s world stopped.
“no. she’s leaving in two months,” isabela said, denying whatever it was that dolores said.
“her parents want her back home as soon as possible, isa.”
isabela stood up from the table and ran out of casita’s front door, ignoring sounds of confusion from her family. she ran to the direction of your house, bumping on some of the locals in the way. she knocked loudly once she finally reached your front door, impatience running through her knuckles.
you opened the front door, seeing isabela a heaving and sweaty mess, “isabela, what on earth-”
“i love you. and i’m sorry that i won’t be able to prove to you just how much i do because i was too much of a coward to admit it but i’m here now, and i can admit with my whole heart that i am so fucking in love with you and i’ve never met anybody quite like you-"
“-and i’m sure that i never will. i know you’re leaving soon but i just can’t watch you go without telling you how i feel because i might just die if i keep it to-”
“-myself. so i’m telling you again, (y/n), i am in love with you, and i’d tell you a million fucking times more if that’s what it takes for you believe-”
“i’m in love with you, too.”
“yes. and i’m not leaving any time soon. i don’t think i want to.”
isabela couldn’t help it. she took your face in her hands and kissed you, pouring each and every ounce of affection she had into your lips.
after a moment, she pulled away, “wait, did you say that you weren’t leaving anytime soon? i thought you were leaving in two days.”
“where’d you hear that from?” you chuckled.
isabela froze in realization, “i’m gonna kill dolores.”
you placed another kiss on her lips, causing her to blush.
“i think i might thank her, actually,” isabela said before kissing you back, wrapping her arms around your waist.
i've never seen something quite like you
Encanto headcanons part 3! (Bc I can't stop)
- Pepa, Juileta and Abuela are known for the Madrigal cackle which just gets louder when they all laugh together
- The girls all have it to a degree but no where on the level those three do
- Camilo is secretly very very very intelligent and loves to read, with his favourite book being Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- He uses the excuse of "I'm reading to the neighbourhood kids" to spend his free time at the library
- Bruno and Antonio make his rat telenovelas after he rejoins the family at Dolores' request
- Isa pretends she hates them, but is actually the most invested
- Luisa has a donkey plush, and it was a gift from Mirabel after the Crumbling of casita (idk I wanted to give casita breaking a name I'm sorry)
- Antonio will come out with the weirdest fucking gossip and then act as if he didn't
- When they're sad, people look to Luisa for a hug, as she gives the BEST hugs
- Antonio has trained birds to attack someone if he screams (it's usually aimed at someone when they kill a spider or any kind of bug)
- Isabela is usually the recipient of it bc she panics when she sees bugs
- Mirabel is disgustingly ticklish, and it's the best way to get her to spill secrets
- Weirdest place the kids have had a sleepover is under the kitchen table
- It was an odd sight for the adults to behold in the morning and yes Pepa did take photos
- You know the Carlos concept art? Well imagine that's like camilo's go-to fuck-boy impression bc it's hilarious
- Félix and Pepa dance all the time, anytime, anywhere
- Félix taught his boys how to dance bc Dolores was just a born natural
- Agustín and Luisa often play piano for each other or for the family
- It was actually Agustín who taught Luisa how to play
- Antonio used to have this annoying phase of just grabbing onto peoples legs and not letting go
- Mainly julieta's or Luisa's, which ended up with him basically getting moved anywhere he wants without walking (bc he's a fucking genius)
- He grew out of it, but when Bruno came back he started again and let me tell Bruno was terrified at first but is now used to it
- Dolores and Camilo used to babysit Antonio a lot when he was really little to give their parents a break, and it was easy bc Antonio is a delight
- Isabela makes flower swings on trees for the kids in the encanto
- And flower crowns!
- Isabela, Luisa and Dolores once mocked Mirabel and Camilo about having an 'easy' task of babysitting in the encanto
- They made a bet to see if they could manage it
- They couldn't
- Agustín once slipped over on a banana peel and it was exactly like in cartoons
- Even abuela laughed