We’ve got some exciting news to share with you! Over the next week, and ahead of the Frigidfin Expedition and Night of the Nocturne events, we’re upgrading our servers!
Some of you might remember the last time the site had to transfer to new hardware. That was due to our current host acquiring our original host. We had a limited amount of time to prep and the transfer had to happen on the host company’s schedule. This time we’re upgrading our hardware and it’s happening on our schedule. What this means for you is that instead of us taking the Flight Rising site down for an entire day (or days!), this migration will happen over the course of multiple maintenance periods.
Some important points to keep in mind as we move forward with the transfer:
- We’re moving the Flight Rising website to new server hardware.
- This hardware has better specifications for Flight Rising’s infrastructure needs.
- This will happen over a series of maintenances to prevent taking the site down for entire day(s).
- Some maintenances will be of an indeterminate length.
- We’re doing this over a period of time instead of all at once, because we can.
- Shortly before and for a short while after each maintenance, gem purchases will be disabled to avoid gem delivery issues or dropped purchases.
- The first maintenance will start on Thursday December 3rd at 06:00 server time.
- The second migration maintenance will be on Monday December 7th at 06:00 server time.
If another maintenance is needed, it will be on either Tuesday the 8th or Wednesday the 9th ahead of the mini-holiday. Should a migration maintenance be needed after that—barring an urgent or emergency issue—it will happen in between the Frigidfin Expedition and Night of the Nocturne.
We’ll keep you updated on the progress of the server migration as we go. Thank you for your patience while we work to get the site up, over, and running on the improved hardware!