Gintama 30 Day Challenge: Day 30 - Why You Would Recommend Gintama to Others (There are plenty of reasons why I would recommend Gintama to others and these are just some of them.)
Explaining why I love the show or recommending others to watch Gintama is not that simple. You reading this means, Gintama pique your interest, right?
Anyways, there are many posts about why you should watch Gintama, a sample is this post is here. To those who are just new to the show, or just have discovered Gintama recently, all I can say is, prepare yourself for a rollercoaster ride. I will not spoil much, but believe me, once you have started and continued until the end, you'll realize the big impact of Gintama made in your life. They're not getting those high ratings on MAL for nothing.
Just to point out some small details I love about Gintama in manga & anime.
1. The volume covers. Compiled list is here. What I love about these covers is that, every character, either minor or major each have a cover of their own. Simple yet so detailed. (Well, the exception of Yamazaki lol, reason here.) And actually I just noticed it when I bought the fanbook, it seems like the after the 4 volumes, (which the ones on the cover are also those on the spines) the ones on the previous cover, they will be the ones on the spines for the next volume. You can see below. (Pardon the cam quality OTL).
Though there were some who was skipped or ended up on the spine again, but still, it amazed me. It’s simple yet interesting.
2. The chapter titles. Like seriously, how does Sorachi sensei comes up with those titles?
3. The Jump covers. Very creative and very Gintama-ish. Especially those from Jump Giga, if you know what I mean.
4. Sorachi sensei question and answer portion, and his ramblings. I can somehow picture out his workplace and relationship with his editors lmaooo. But really, those episodes from the anime about the editor who works for a specific manga called Gintaman and was like doubting why even that manga gets a serialization. Yes, even his editors weren't able to escape from getting roasted lol. Special thanks to the scanlation team, Hi Wa Mata Noboru, for their patience in translating sensei’s random letters, messages and extra pages in the manga.
5. Fanservice. The people behind Gintama anime and manga, really knows how to subtly put in some hints of romance (either for real or not, well, it's up to the fans though) between the ships, like those GinHiji and OkiKagu. And of course, giving the female fans some fanservice with the Gintama guys in Signal (ED7) and for the male fans with Gintama girls in Hankou Seimei (ED28).
6. And lastly, their Quotes or life lessons. Yes. You can say, Gintama has it all, it can be a ‘slice of life’ anime too.
If you finished reading this, I'm so thankful, yet sorry for the long post. I know, it's not enough to explain much why I would recommend Gintama to others, but I hope it can still encourage others to give it a try. You never know, it may change your life as well.
115 notes · View notes
Gintama Stills for Every (Canon) Episode → [359/316] “The Unemployed Cannot Be Stained By Anything”
↳ “You know, samurai used to wield two weapons in the past. Only when they carried both a long and a short sword were they seen as true warriors. But at some point, they threw away their pride, lost the beliefs they were meant to uphold, and were left with only one sword, for self-defense. I staggered through that darkness, swinging a stick of wood around, and somehow managed to get this far. It was only because I had two blunt yet unbreakable swords with me right here. I thank you for helping me meet one of those dullards. So long as I have these two on my waist, this samurai won't break. I swear I'll come back, both swords in tow.”
23 notes · View notes