Ruthless Sinner by AJ Adams
A Zeta Cartel Novel #6
Compelling story that left me flipping pages as quickly as possible as
I eagerly read each word to find out what would happen next. I love this author’s
glimpse into a life I would never personally enter but thoroughly enjoy hearing
about and enjoying vicariously.
With a gritty beginning I was hooked as I met Coop and those he was
with. I was grateful he survived and then managed to thrive as he moved forward
in life. Meeting Spirit was interesting…a “naughty” girl with a heart of gold
and, in the end, a perfect partner for Coop just as he was for her.
What I liked:
* The unflinching look at child slave labor
* Coop: strong, silent, lethal, scarred and yet still able to care and
see his own version of right and wrong
* Spirit: strong, resilient, positive, caring – despite what happened
in her life
* Seeing old friends from the Zeta Cartel
* Rip’s look-see to help Coop and the Zeta team find The Torturer
* That there were few hints prior to the unveiling of The Torturer’s
* Being reminded that no matter what a person may suffer it does not have
to define them
* Realizing how resilient some people truly are
* That love can thrive in the darkest times
* That the bad guys were dealt with
* Pretty much all of it…
What I did not like:
* The treatment of Spirit by more than one person in the story
* The treatment of Cooper, Thando and those he was with in the
* Having to say goodbye at the end of the book
Did I enjoy this book? Yes
Would I read more by this author? Definitely
Thank you to the author for the ARC – This is my honest review.
Determined to get her
mother the healthcare she needs, drop dead gorgeous Spirit Westcott
works as a stripper, not caring that it cements her reputation as the
Beauview village bad girl. But when Spirit falls foul of John Cooper,
the newest member of the notorious Zeta Cartel, she loses her job.
Furious, Spirit confronts Coop–only to discover his secret drug lab.
When Coop decides to save her, by disappearing her and keeping her
captive, Spirit is less than impressed. However, she quickly learns that
Coop has an even deadlier secret, and one that may drag her into the
When dangerous, single-minded John Cooper learns his best
friend was murdered, he resolves to exact bloody vengeance. The
knowledge that his prey is a Zeta, one of Mexico’s most dangerous
cartels, doesn’t stop him. Coop joins the organisation, only to discover
that finding his prey won’t be easy. To his annoyance, sexy Spirit
Westcott is also a spanner in the works. After embarrassing him in
public, Coop suddenly finds himself saddled with her as an unwanted
captive. Then, just as things couldn’t get worse, a killer starts to
pick off Beauview village girls. As Coop is drawn further into the
cartel, he is forced to make decisions that may cost him his life–and
that of his love.
Ruthless Sinner is a gripping tale of vengeance, murder, cartel violence and finding love in the darkest of times.
Warning: This bad boy romance contains explicit adult themes and graphic violence. It is for adults only.