What would a secret romance cost, J.K?
So I read this ask at like 4am and read it as dark Hermione so came up with a list with those types of fics. But having reread I’ve added some others, wasn’t entirely sure what you were looking for so I hope you find something to your liking on this list. If not please feel free to send another ask with more specifics, or check out @dramioneasks and search for dark dramione there.
True Colours - cleotheo **
When Hermione is kidnapped from The Hogwarts Express, The Order vow to save her from her kidnappers. Hermione however isn’t quite who she’s always appeared to be and her kidnapping isn’t as straight forward as it seems. As The Order race to rescue Hermione what will they discover when they finally find her?
Desperate Measures - cleotheo X
Summary - When the war against Voldemort drags on, what lengths will Hermione go to, to be with the man she loves?
Twisted - CourtingInsanity
Summary - Hermione Granger knows Draco Malfoy is responsible for the death of her Mother and Grandmother, and even though she hasn’t seen him in years, she will stop at nothing to enact her revenge.
Without Her Letter - Colubrina
Summary - A decision is made to protect Muggle-borns from the continual war by not inviting them to Hogwarts. This was, perhaps, not a wise choice. Hermione Granger was certainly not amused.
Goddess of Vengeance - cleotheo
Summary - When Hermione Granger discovers she’s really the daughter of The Dark Lord and that The Order of the Phoenix were behind her kidnapping as a baby and her parent’s murders, she sets out to gain revenge against everyone who had wronged her.
The Green Girl - Colubrina
Summary - Hermione is sorted into Slytherin; how will things play out differently when the brains of the Golden Trio has different friends?
Bloody Wonders - Misdemeanor1331 X
Summary - Falsely convicted of a triple homicide, Draco Malfoy swears vengeance on all responsible for his imprisonment. After escaping Azkaban, his first target is his advocate, Hermione Granger. Alone and lonely, her budding career destroyed by a concocted scandal, Hermione has equal cause for retribution. Moreover, she has the means to achieve it. Together, the pair will reap the justice that has eluded them for thirty years.
The Resilient - Mel88 **
Summary - Sequel to “An Aversion to Change.” Voldemort’s world is one of corruption, greed and betrayal. But there must be those who stand up to totalitarianism, who say no when others submit, and who survive despite their conditions. There must be the resilient.
An Aversion To Change - Mel88 **
Summary - Sent back to Hogwarts with the suspicious title of Head Boy, Draco is forced to share a dormitory with none other than Hermione Granger. With a war looming on the horizon and another danger even closer to home, their final year is anything but ordinary.
Manacled - SenLinYu ##X
Summary - Harry Potter is dead. In the aftermath of the war, in order to strengthen the might of the magical world, Voldemort enacts a repopulation effort. Hermione Granger has an Order secret, lost but hidden in her mind, so she is sent as an enslaved surrogate to the High Reeve until her mind can be cracked.
** (personal favourites)
X (haven’t read but plan to)
## (very dark, read with caution)
Aftermath has been updated!
The first weekend of October had finally arrived, the Gryffindors were coddled up in the large circular common room, keeping themselves warm as the first cold gust had arrived at Hogwarts. The brightest witch of her age, Hermione Granger was in her favourite armchair in front of the fire; the book she had been reading was open, lying face down on the floor.
She had been thinking of the Slug Club meeting, the prior weekend.
Rated: T - Chapters: 6 - Words: 16,294 - Status: In-Progress
Now that I am done with all my finals and assignments, I’ll be hopefully more frequently!
there’s probably at least one student at hogwarts who used their wand as a dildo
“’… Harry Potter’s well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart upon a worthy candidate.’ How very touching,” sneered Snape, rolling up the magazine to continued gales of laughter from the Slytherins. “Well, I think I had better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson. Potter - that table in front of my desk. Move. Now. ”
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Hermione, Ron and Draco are 40 years old now… And MC and his friends are 47 years old (but Bill is 49)… WOW how old! hahaha
The dungeon rang with the Slytherins’ laughter, and an unpleasant smile curled Snape’s thin mouth. To Harry’s fury, Snape began to read the article aloud.
“ ‘Harry Potter’s secret heartache’… dear, dear, Potter, what’s ailing you now? 'A boy like no other, perhaps…’”
Harry could feel his face burning. Snape was pausing at the end of every sentence to allow the Slytherins a hearty laugh. The article sounded ten times worse when read by Snape. Even Hermione was blushing scarlet now.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter & Hermione Granger (Harmione) Moodboard
Ron: Mione! I got top marks on my essay I did for McGonagall!
Hermione: That’s amazing Ron! I knew you could do it.
Ron: I couldn’t have done it without your help! You’re the best! *kisses her cheek* I’ll see you later I’ve got to go to Quidditch practice now *runs off*
Hermione: Yep, I’m definitely in love with him
OKAY NOW IM CRYING THANK YOU SO MUCH
as for advice on how to write goodly:
i don’t know man. im a junior year english major college student. it’s sorta my job at this point… just keep working at it! i started at the very bottom and now im here making people cry so… believe in yourself. work hard. talent gives you the drive not the skill.
Draco’s Boundaries After the Mark Headcannon:
- Absolutely refuses you to touch him all of a sudden sixth year
- You’re hurt and a little betrayed. He didn’t have a problem with Pansy touching him
- It goes on for months. He won’t let you even hold his hand let alone hug or kiss him
- He just snaps at you and sulks
- You thought you did something wrong so you scream at him apologies and how you know you weren’t good enough and how you know you’ll never be like Pansy and you’re sorry. You’re sorry you failed him but you’ll never be sorry for how you still love him.
- His hand reflexively covers his left forearm and something clicks in your head as tears stream down both of your face
- You fall to you knees in front of him, sobbing, now knowing the reason he didn’t want you to touch him
- “It’s okay,” you reassure him again and again through tears. You press that you love him and that it doesn’t change anything to you repeatedly
- He sinks to his knees in front of you, sobs shaking his shoulders as he doesn’t dare to meet your eyes. His hands are palms up on his knees in surrender
- You gently reach out and place your hands in his. He jumps but immediately grips your hands tightly like you were his only life line
- “Don’t leave me,” he begs “I had to do it. He has my family. He wanted to kill them. He wanted to kill you,”
- You choke out a sob at that. You remove your hands to wipe away your tears and give him the space you know he needs
He thinks you don’t touch him because you’re disgusted with him
- Again you ask him what does he need to feel safe
- “Hold me,” he pleads. “Touch me. Please. Please, show me I’m still worth your touch.”
- You almost tackle him, hugging him close. He clings to you and it almost hurts how tight he holds you
- You quickly rip off his blazer, his tie, and unbutton his shirt. They’re all left to the floor behind him
- Your hands splay across milky white skin, massaging, rubbing, holding, caressing
- He’s breathing shakily and still crying but his eyes are closed and goosebumps raise on his skin
- Your hands drift to his elbows as he inhales sharply. You stop. You won’t touch the mark. He’s not ready.
- You take his hands and place them on your shoulders
- He opens his eyes and focuses on your skin glowing in the moonlight as you strip your sweater and shirt
- If he could be bare, so could you. He was just as worthy to touch you
- His slender fingers trace your skin, making you shiver
he thinks he’s done something wrong but Merlin he’s doing everything right
- He goes back to holding your hand in the halls. He’ll slip his hands under your collar in class then he needs the reassurance
- He still draws on your hands and now you draw on his never daring to go a few inches past his wrist
- You chase after him and Harry into Mytle’s bathroom letting out a cry of utter despair as you watch Draco bleed out on the waterlogged ground
you 100% stupefied Harry and didn’t care if he landed face first into the water or not
- You plead Draco’s name, ripping his shirt open
but not off you know he needs to hide the markand pressing your hands over the deepest gash that traces down the center of his chest there’s so much blood why is there so much blood
- Snape is beside you in an blink as he brushes your hands away
- “Don’t touch him!” You screech, drawing your wand out against the professor
- Until you see that Snape is healing Draco and the blood is returning to where it came from.
There’s still blood on your hands though
- “Take him to the infirmary. Now.” Snape orders, as Draco stumbles up mumbling “don’t touch me,” again and again until you’re the only one touching him
- Madam Pomfrey takes a look at the both of you and ushers you inside
- Draco won’t let the nurse touch him so you have to be the one to take his pulse, rub cream on his gruesome cuts, dap away sweat and dirt from his skin, and make sure his mark stays hidden
- He looks like death. He looks worse than death. Tears keep falling quietly as you nurse him back to health.
- His hand is always touching you in one way or another
- In the quiet of darkness you spend the nights adoring his scars and skin with your lips and fingers whispering how beautiful he is how lovely he is how strong he is how loved he is
- He seeks your touch when he recovers. He doesn’t want to be out of reach of you whenever he can help it. The warmth of your skin intoxicates him
- It’s never the same again, an innocence is lost, but you still adore him every chance you get. Collarbone kisses are still sacred. Hugs are still sacred. Your hands and lips are still his favorite thing about you
- Nightmares that haunt you both leave you tangled and clinging to another at night. He sees you dead and you see him dead it the only thing that reassured either of you is the warmth of the others skin
- Absolutely no one is allowed to touch him but you. Not his father. Not his mother. Not Pansy. No one.
- One afternoon he comes to you sobbing in pain, gripping his left forearm.
- You quickly shed his shirt and remove his hand from the mark. It’s dark and the skin is red and angry.
- Without thinking, you place your hand over it covering the bulk of it with your palm. It burns your hand slightly, but the pain soon fades.
- The mark is faded and the skin is creamy white again
such an act of love takes away the burn of such hatred
- You buy him soft sweaters and fabrics that are silky to the touch for his skin and he adores them
- He lets you doodle over and around his mark when you’re alone together as he leaves soft kisses along your neck and shoulders.
- You let him draw all the way up your arm. One night he traces the same dark mark into your skin with a sharpie. He thinks you’ll be horrified at what he did, but you kiss him
- “I would take the mark if I could,” you whispered “but I can’t ever be loyal to just him when I have you,”
you remind him of his mother that way
- Draco starts to cry at that and you press a soft kiss to his mark and he kisses your sharpie one. You let him retrace the design on your arm when it starts to fade. Sometimes he adds flowers or birds or just abstract lines
- He laughs one day when you surround his entire mark in little red hearts. He hadn’t laughed in months. It makes you cry and laugh with him at the ridiculousness of it all
- When he pulls out his wand to kill Dumbledore, he can see your doodles on his hand peaking out from under his sleeve and he about breaks down because he can’t do it
- You weren’t just touching his skin, you had touched his calloused dark heart
Tags: @un-limiteddd @geekysimmerthings @coffee-addicti @msmcsmutt @ravn-87 @artemismohr18 @whygz @crazywritingbug @dolphincommander r @bisexualbumblebeesstuff @fuzzy-panda @bitemebro522 @zombiesnips-blog @jillanaholland d @shookyungsoo @savingdraco @welcometomyworldwithoutrules @akari180 @slytherin-emerald @chaotic-good-gemini i @memalfoy-spidey @theres-a-dog-outside-omg @queenfeatherwings @fanficflaneuse @go-whovian-universe @spicyshenanigans @darling-im-not-okay-i-promise @dietkiwi @katsukink @takemetothekingdom @strangerr-things @tmnt-queen @mccloudchloe @hxneybgb @justsomerandomgur @belcvayelena @moviesbooksandfandoms s @howdycharlie @littlethingsinmymindla @xtrashmouthxtozierx @cocochanelthepupper @ninacotte @mccloudchloe @braelynn-j @jiggllyy @honeymarvel @go-whovian-universe @darcypottah @atomicpunkrock @thiccheerioss s @lottie289 @boredashaeck @beautiful-pegasus @tceedlmao @deadlynyghtshayde @iconjuresnapeingrandmaclothes @anonymous034 @bi-andready-tocry @lunna-does-real-doodle
On another note…
I’ve finally discovered the use of a rubber duck.
Why does everyone think I’m stupid? I know that I am not as smart as Hermione but come on! I get pretty decent grades on my exams!
So for the first few chapters of Sorcerer’s stone Ron AND HARRY and just Awful to Hermione. Like I understand that she was being bossy and a tad bit of a know it all but come on she was excited. Like really excited. In THE MIDNIGHT DUEL I understand they’re racing around trying not to get caught and she’s acting like they dragged her along but the rest of the time?
My favorite mini-thing about Harry Potter is that the jock(Harry) wears glasses￼￼ but the nerd(Hermione) doesn’t and they have the most adorable nerd/jock sibling dynamic EVER. It makes me uwu consistenty.