Oh god I just want to be held, hands on flesh, fingers dug into my side. Bruise my ribs, break them. Hold me, hold me. I can't stand to be on my own.
me: *scrolling through my 196 spotify playlists*
friend: why do you have so many playlists
me: what do you mean, how many do you have?
friend: i have three
I CAN’T be the only one who noticed all of this, right?
Being a nerd and a theorist of fandoms, I made a list of things I noticed about Roman that were off or unusual or things that just caught my attention (and I thought should also be brought to everyone else’s, too, if y’all are interested).
Things that suggested Roman was, in fact, a Dark Side in disguise that was NOT Deceit cuz his outfit is the newer one.
Get ready, cuz this is a long one:
1. Doesn’t mind that Logan complains about him behind his back. Roman would be pretty bitter about that.
2. Thought Logan was Patton because the glasses confused him
3. Virgil looks at Roman when he says “Be careful” and “I’m listening.” He’s probably really aware of them all now since Deceit, too, and is keeping a close eye on every conversation.
4. Seemed slightly ticked after Virgil left
5. Not very good with clever insults. That’s, like, Roman’s thing
6. When he tries with the insult “Mr. Smartypants” and fails, he comes up with a better one and adds that in, too. (Also, it hit me really hard when I rewatched it and he said, “Gaahhhhhhh, understatement much?” He was trying to make a Bugs Bunny reference. 😂) “Never fail to impress myself!”
7. He seemed pretty pumped when that segue worked out
8. He said “that song from Tangled.” Roman, a Disney fanatic, wouldn’t just know the title, he would sing that line when he’d have the chance. Same thing when he said “You’re welcome!” at the end. He would have sung it.
9. Forgot that “Dad” is technically Patton’s big nickname
10. The line “This snack is wondering if you’re finished or not.” Uh… excuse me? Roman has literally said,
11. Roman would probably know what “preposterous” means. He may not be all about big words, but he would know that one.
12. Keeps using the word “romantic” like that’s something Roman would do since it’s like his namesake.
13. Mary Shelley is the author of Frankenstein, Van Gogh was a composer, and Edgar Allen Poe was known for his dark stories. None of their works are really considered “romantic.”
14. Says he battled a manticore-chimera, but he asks what it would look like as if he doesn’t know.
15. Has to point out that fantasy is his thing. He could’ve just said it once, but he had to say it twice.
16. Even before the conflict is resolved, Thomas isn’t able to come up with an original idea—like, seriously? Stacking shoes? Are you serious?—and he steals the idea of the video with the posters and stick puppets, as though he is—no pun intended—lacking creativity.
17. And the big one—what happened to Roman’s accent?
“Wow. You’ve got ALL written out, huh, Logan?
For special events like New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving and especially my birthday, I know that I can’t be alone. If I’m alone I’ll fall into that very empty and dark space that I hide from people and I’ll die in there. I’m dying right now. In every sense of the word, I’m in danger.