the way eda didn’t give a shit about raine joining the bard coven. the way she didn’t hate that part of it at all- she was proud of them, even, and didn’t try stopping them. the way it was raine breaking up with her that she hated. the way the breakup is what triggered the curse. i need to lie down for the next month,
my mom’s a disney stan, like, the brand. so she uses lumity as an example on why disney is “so cool and accepting!”. meanwhile, i’m sitting here thinking about toh s3 being cut in half
anon i am so sorry for you
anyway, fuck disney for being supposedly 'progressive' despite the fact that hundreds of other creators had to fight for this rep long before them so this could even be considered, including Alex Hirsch, who had any of the rep he wanted FUCKED over by the rat. Despite the fact that Dana had assured that the higher ups in disney were cool with letting this 'slide' this time, only to have S3 cut short the second lumity showed signs of becoming legit. Despite the fact that subtitles for Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Hooty's Door on Disney+ misgender Raine. Despite the fact the Owl House is shown to be so immensely popular and loved that most disney execs would be frothing at the mouth for new content of it to get more money, but that's suspiciously not happening.
Disney has never once cared about progression or the community, they are perfectly content with the same cookie cutter characters for everything that has their name on it, in fear they piss off the 20 Karen moms and miss out on 20$. fuck disney.
i know this means that cas still didn’t get to hear he was loved and that makes me burn with rage b u t i think having the “me too” at the end, where the original leak put it and where there is obvious ADR, makes more sense. Both in the context of the scene, where dean is obviously blue screening and likely couldn’t whip out a reciprocation (even if jensen only said that to cover i do think it’s the most in character), and because the message that living your truth being enough to become emotionally fulfilled, especially in the context of a queer narrative, is beautiful and what castiel deserved. i know the “the empty only came once dean said it back ):” is heartbreaking and the destiel dream but i also don’t want to erase the fact that castiel felt true happiness from just finally accepting himself and his love and being able to say it out loud
Trying to fend off some of the one-handed stir-craziness by at least doing some legwork for a couple projects I want to tackle soon, including starting to think about my Raine cosplay, but when I bothered my costume designer friend for his thoughts on their vest this evening, he mentioned that it feels like it’s supposed to be somewhat 18th-century inspired (as far as real-world analogs go) and suggested looking at Revolutionary War uniforms for some inspiration and now I can feel myself FULLY about to go off the deep end with that idea because:
Raine’s outfit is already Extremely Gender and I am so excited to wear it as a result but 18th century men’s fashion is ALSO Extremely Gender for me and combining the two is... hm. hm
ON A META LEVEL -- patterning their look off of real-world revolutionary aesthetics, especially ones that sit in direct, intentional contrast to the whole “Belos as (probably) LITERALLY representative of the early, still Very British, pre-Revolution American colonies” thing is absolutely inspired and now I think I have to do it
IM FUCKING GOING NUTS BRO EACH TOH EPISODE IS HITTING HARDER THAN THE LAST
- TOH CREW REALLY SAID IT’S GOOD TO HAVE A CAUSE TO FIGHT FOR BUT SELF-SACRIFICE ISN’T THE ANSWER
- EDA BEING SUCH A MOM. WE LOVE FOUND FAMILY
- her hair was up for the entire episode!
- i LOVE raine so much
- we all thought they were going to be an uptight asshole but they’re nervous yet skilled and they blush a lot and look at their outfit
- god the childhood friends to lovers potential, they’re Almost there
- the LOOKS they give each other. gay gay homosexual gay
- stg im gonna write something about helping with a raid that turns out to be kind of a date if they just had more time before luz’s event
- eda kicking ass without her magic, just her fists and knowledge!!
- the little blush raine gives as they’re like “do i really have to say this?”
- raine’s really fucking powerful? they can command the emperor’s guard? one strum and the abomination coven head’s form breaks?? fucking fantastic
- the scene where they’re younger!! sometimes you just go to a hill and watch with love in your eyes as your chaotic friend plays music huh
- bro the duality of eda’s chaotic, well-known rebellion against belos and raine’s calculated moving through the ranks
- ‘how can you be head bard when you have stage fright?’ ‘how can you be the owl lady with stage fright’ i stg they’re in love
- COVEN HEADS???
- i LOVE THE ABOMINATION GUY AS WELL
-FLUID ANIMATION AND VOICE AND HE’S KIND OF THE ASSHOLE WE ALL EXPECTED RAINE TO BE
- the beast keeping coven head is just like i will be feral and a little shit. on purpose
- very cool how eda’s anti magic? is used, love that potential (esp against belos? 👀)
- the MUSIC the ANIMATION DURING THAT ONE SCENE HOLY SHIT
- I KNEW THE ANIMATION WAS BETTER THIS SEASON BUT THE LIGHTING REALLY DOES WONDERS
- AND WITH THE GROM NIGHT THEME AND THE MUSIC AS LUZ’S CLIMBING UP HUNTER’S SHIP IN HUNTING PALISMEN I KNEW THE MUSIC ON THIS SHOW SLAPPED BUT THE WAY THE MELODIES INTERTWINED AND BECAME CORRUPTED WITH THE MAGIC IT’S. AMAZING
- “you have kids???” you fucking bet she does
- the hand grab the hand grab!!!
- so much in the last few minutes? the adoption papers?
- KING IS OFFICIALLY A CLAWTHORNE
- eda crying bro me too
- KING’S DAD???
- willow in her room with clover we love that
- amity’s alright!
- kikimora and other eye??? god i just love her design and what the hell are her powers anyway and i wonder how those tattoos work
- interesting how the abomination head disapproves of the blight family’s abomination tech
- how the hell is he an abomination anyway
- RAINE OH NO OH FUCK
- i just. the relationships and connections in this episode i love it so so much. i cannot wait for next saturday