How many times do you think Jiang Cheng called Jin Ling as Jin Rulan?
Like. We know Wei Wuxian named him Rulan. Was it painfuk for him to call their nephew that?
developing zhuizhen goes a little like this:
- sizhui and jingyi are friends, and zizhen and jingyi are friends, which means a lot of the time they spend together is just zizhen and sizhui pining over jingyi.
- (dw, a ling fits into the story later. he’s currently busy being a hissing, grumpy, tsundere, much like his uncle, and is too stupid to realize he can make friends w/ ppl.)
- at first, zizhen & sizhui are friendly acquaintances. sizhui doesn’t know if he’s supposed to like zizhen or not bc…love rivals.
- meanwhile zizhen is intimated by sizhui bc this is like, the perfect lan disciple, blah blah blah i’m just saying sizhui has a reputation.
- but sizhui is also very nice & plays pretty music so zizhen thinks he’s cool!
- honestly zizhen’s standards for friends are like, nonexistent. as long as you’re not mean and haven’t purposefully murdered thousands of ppl, you’re chill. even then, the second standard has exceptions, so… huh.
- anyways, sizhui isn’t sure how to feel abt zizhen, which is sorta understandable. but it’s not like sizhui can hate zizhen! have you meet zizhen? exactly.
- so they eventually start talking w/o jingyi as a middleman (i’m not using that term correctly.)
- maybe they meet at caiyi? somewhere in guys prolly.
- they don’t talk abt politics much, which is a relief to both of them bc oyzz is plotting to give away the sect heir title and sizhui is tired of the messy cultivation world politics.
- instead, they talk abt other things like music, baling and gusu respectively, and strangely enough, herbal remedies.
- zizhen has been v. interested in healing cultivation, and gets really excited when talking abt it to sizhui bc sizhui is actually really attentive & knowledgeable abt this stuff
- eventually zizhen has an “oh.” moment, as you do when you’re friends with sizhui. istg the only junior disciple who hasn’t had a crush on sizhui (not just the quartet, everyone) is a-qing. maybe. idk.
- sizhui on the other hand thinks zizhen is sweet & v. cute, but is too useless from having to pine over jingyi for like 10 years to realize he might like other ppl =_=
the untamed fall fest!
First prompt: mid autumn festival :) and for inktober it’s fish!
Realized I haven’t drawn Jin Ling yet which is a shame because we are birthday buddies! B) scorpios represent!
Uh yes we stan healthy communication in relationships!! And honestly, it’s understandable that he might feel that way since jingyi & sizhui are basically attached at the hip, and i hc that jingyi’s very outwardly affectionate to jl for the sake of annoying him.
poor zizhen though 🥺 he deserves better
it would probably take oyzz a hot second before he tells them abt his insecurities, bc of obvious reasons, but lsz probably notices that something’s off with zizhen.
maybe sizhui pulls him aside and asks what’s up? and ofc, you can’t lie to lsz, that’s like illegal, so zizhen spills.
and oh. oh.
sizhui immediately feels a little guilty, bc he should have noticed sooner, but he’s also glad that zizhen brought it up. zizhen asks sizhui not to tell the others just yet, bc he doesn’t want them to take it the wrong way. sizhui reluctantly agrees.
he spends the weekend overanalyzing everything they’ve done since the start of the relationship. jingyi maybe notices that sizhui is super out of it, but when he mentions it offhandedly,
so when jingyi hangs with zizhen and just talks abt sizhui acting off ofc zizhen is…concerned, but also a little sad bc when they do actually spend time together they just end up talking abt sizhui.
and oyzz doesn’t know how the others will react to this! is he overthinking it? is this just him? what if they want to break up- and oh he’s spiraling.
so he becomes more reclusive than jl before he befriended them, bc he doesn’t have the energy to be sad and around bfs at the same time. probably spends some time with his family, yk.
& sizhui is seeing this happening, and worries immensely, as you do when you’re sizhui.
jingyi & jin ling realize that zizhen is kinda sorta maybe avoiding them, and ask abt it on the next occasion the four hang out.
zizhen is sorta freaking out but sizhui manages to somewhat calm him down enough to explain everything. jingyi is more offended at himself for messing up so bad. a ling feels guilty, and also very upset that zizhen’s upset. but they wouldn’t break up with oyzz anyways, especially not for this. and they tell him that. apologies are made & they hug it out!
it’s all very soft and zizhen feels better, which, yay! and after, the other three make sure to better at balancing a relationship w/ four ppl.
hope you liked it anon! :)
Hi, so I saw this post (I don’t know who originally made it, I’m sorry, if you know, tag them) that basically said that Lan Shizui might have MORE uncles than Jin Ling (*gasp*). And I wanted to try to answer this question scientifically.
First we need to decide who qualifies as uncle. We will be generous and assume everyone who could technically be an uncle is an uncle, but under these conditions:
1. They have to still be alive when becoming an uncle.
2. The person has to appear in the show. We all know Jin Guangshan had a lot of sons, but the sons who don’t have screentime don’t count.
There will be two categories: Total Number Of Uncles Acquired and Number Of Uncles Still Alive. The uncles that have survived will be in bold.
Let’s get started!
1. Jiang Cheng - Starting with his mother’s side - her two brothers. Jiang Cheng isn’t married and thus adds only himself to the number of uncles.
2. Wei Wuxian - Starting to get more interesting, because this uncle actually got married.
3. Xiao Xingchen - Wei Wuxian’s uncle on his mother’s side.
4. Song Lan - Great-uncle by marrige/almost creating a sect? Since I’m gonna be adding these two to both lists, it won’t make a difference, so I don’t even feel guilty.
5. Lan Wangji - Uncle by marrige. Has some relatives.
6. Lan Qiren - We also count great-uncles.
7. Lan Xichen - Another uncle. Went and got himself some sworn brothers.
8. Nie Mingjue - He’s dead. Being full of resentful energy and trying to kill people as a corpse doesn’t mean he’s alive. Has a bro.
9. Nie Huaisang
10. Jin Guangyao - Another sworn brother, but also father’s brother. We’ve come full circle.
11. Jin Zixun - Jin Zixuan has more relatives.
12. Mo Xuanyu - He has some screentime, alright? Only few seconds in the first episode, but I’m counting him.
1. Wen Ning - This is Lan Shizui’s biggest advantage in this competition. Basically every member of Wen clan who’s related to him is his uncle. Also, counting Wen Ning as alive.
2. Wen Ruohan
3. Wen Xu - Also minimal screentime, but he’s there!
4. Wen Chao
5. Wen Zhuliu - I’m counting him, because his surname is Wen, so he’s kind of adopted.
6. Uncle Four
7. Jiang Cheng - Wei Wuxian is a proud dad.
8. Xiao Xingchen - Wei Wuxian’s uncle on his mother’s side.
9. Song Lan
10. Jin Zixuan - I set the time of adoption by Wei Wuxian as that scene with Lan Wangji in Yiling. Jin Zixuan was still alive by then.
11. Jin Zixun
12. Jin Guangshan
13. Jin Guangyao
14. Mo Xuanyu
15. Lan Qiren - Adoption by Lan Wangji was successful. Lan Shizui gets some more uncles.
16. Lan Xichen - Again with the sworn brothers.
17. Nie Mingjue
18. Nie Huaisang
1. Total Number Of Uncles Acquired - As you can see, Lan Shizui wins this category with 18 total uncles. Jin Ling only has 12. This means that throughout his life, Lan Shizui has acquired 50% more uncles than Jin Ling. The quality of those uncles is questionable, but tonight, it’s quantity over quality.
2. Number Of Uncles Still Alive - Jin Ling has 7 uncles alive, Lan Shizui has 6. This means that Jin Ling wins, even though just barely. Jin Ling has approximately 16,5% more still living uncles.
IT’S A TIE
It’s nice to be in the Cloud Recesses, Jin Ling thinks as he’s falling asleep. He would never admit it out loud, because obviously Carp Tower is the best place in the entire world, and it’s home, and he wouldn’t ever leave it if he had a choice, but…
But it’s really nice to be in the Cloud Recesses. Except by going into the wild, Jin Ling never gets to experience such quiet. The rules of Gusu Lan call for silence and order, which does something to soothe his soul whenever he comes to visit.
Or maybe it’s because Lan Jingyi is always so happy to return, and some of it infects him as well. It’s funny really. Lan Jingyi acts and sounds in such a manner that he should appear to belong more in Carp Tower, but there’s some part of him that only shines when he’s in the Cloud Recesses. Loud as he is, Lan Jingyi fits right in among the austere buildings and misty mountains, as if this is where he truly belongs, even if he willingly chose to leave it all behind for Jin Ling’s sake.
It’s so nice to be together like this, in this place out of the world where nothing can touch them, and they can just…
Jin Ling yelps, startled awake when the blanket is yanked away from him. On sheer instinct, he kicks the wrapped up shape next to him, and lets out a curse.
So much for peace and quiet.
Taking hardship with his usual grace and good humour, Lan Jingyi grumbles against the use of violence, then wraps himself tighter into the single blanket they’ve been given, even though it’s winter and fucking freezing in this hellish place Jin Ling’s husband calls home.
Fully pissed off now, and with his extremities quickly losing sensation due to the cold, Jin Ling pulls on the blanket, trying to free at least a little bit of it from his husband’s grasp so he doesn’t die frozen during the night. He manages, after some struggles, but his efforts wake Lan Jingyi who sleepily glares at him. Jin Ling, unimpressed, continues pulling until he can cover himself.
“What’re you doing?” Lan Jingyi grumbles, trying to get the blanket back.
“I’m trying to kee myself alive,” Jin Ling snaps. “I swear, steal the blankets again and I’ll put my cold feet on you.”
Lan Jingyi huffs.
“Isn’t your cultivation high enough to not feel the cold?”
“I could say the same to you! You’re the one who’s been trained here.”
Pulling on the blanket, Lan Jingyi huffs again.
“I left for a reason. I can put up with it, just don’t wanna. Now let me sleep.”
“I’ll let you sleep if you let me not die of the cold!” Jin Ling retorts.
With one final huff, Lan Jingyi releases the blanket, only to grab Jin Ling and pull him close so they can both be wrapped into the too thin fabric.
“Now sleep,” he orders, nuzzling Jin Ling’s neck.
It’s sweet, and it is warm like this, which is ever so nice.
Still, Jin Ling gives it about five minutes before Lan Jingyi steals the damn blanket again.
It was late and the Young Master Jin was often found playing his guqin in the garden. He was the widower of the former Sect Leader the Sect had fallen under investigation by the Head Cultivator and between Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng they had kept anyone from assuming much more then the work part of the Sect, with Lan Wangji sitting in for the deceased. All attempts to contact Jin Ling had been met with a silent buzzing, even Lan Sizhui’s own humble attempts had been for naught. His husband would not answer him and it was a pain he never wanted to endure. He had seen his own father endure it.
He hated how everyone looked at him with pity, oh the Lan boy had a Qi Deviantion. Handle him with care. Even his parents were more protective of him now. Lan Jingyi had come to keep him from madness in his own words. Lan Sizhui would never marry again, no one could understand the complete devastation that he felt at the loss of his fated one. How everything inside of him simply went cold. He wasn’t dead but he might as well should have been.
White mourning robes were pulled closer to his chest, and his eyes lost some of the violet within them. He swallowed hard. “Ah, I can not be certain you are real…” he whispered more to himself and he wanted to turn and run, to find Jingyi, to summon the guard, maybe even scream for his father. He did none of these things though because suddenly the youth in front of him whimpered, and it shattered the ice inside of him. He knew that whimper so well, the little sound when Jin Ling needed comfort, when hours trying to fix some trouble someone else caused kept him up at night. He motioned and the guqin disappeared in a wave of his pale hand. “Jin RuLan.” he whispered the name like a prayer.
He was too weak to resist the urge to do so and folded Jin Ling into a hug his mourning robes were pure white no touches of color. “No one knows.” he whispered “I could not get you to come back, to answer me I tried so often.” there were shadows under his eyes. Haunted and sad. “Your uncle and my father, though its more a set council has been created until your next blood relative comes of age.” his words against Jin Ling’s hair the white was a surprise it was not unattractive though. Nothing about him could be. Sizhui was trembling, he was one of the most powerful cultivators of their generation, he was fearless in battle and he could handle the worst of hurts with little more then a gasp. He was hit where he was most fragile.
Where he was like glass, where he could be shattered, where he could and had broken. Jin Chan’s cold words had been the first crack that had sent him into Qi deviation. “Ah, R..Ru..RuLan are you really here ?” his voiced was hesitant but his hold tight and fierce as though he felt if he let go Jin Ling would just disappear again.
I think abt these tweets every day
Just wondering, how - in the hell - did no one (specially Jiang Cheng) notice, that LWJ (who never touches people), went right away to holding WWX’s hand ?!!!!!!!!!
That should’ve been a big flashy sign THIS IS WWX ….
Anon dear, I am always taking asks. Btw, if you’re an anon and send multiple asks to me (there’s this one anon who sent like 3 asks within the span of ten minutes), you can mark yourself/give yourself a name. Like for example cloud anon. I’ve seen other ppl do it on their blogs and thought that it was a nifty little thing we could try out! :)
Anyways, ljy would definitely accidentally walk in on wangxian -and be horrified, scarred for life the poor boy.
lwj and ljy have a weird relationship. lwj is a little more than a friend’s dad, but not exactly a father figure. maybe something like a strange relatabley gay uncle?
and wwx? he’s like a cool older brother who hpapens to be fucking his sorta gay uncle. duh.
everyone know that they are… sexually active, but jingyi did NOT have to have his eyes destroyed. seriously, get this boy some bleach.
the other juniors would def think that ljy has a crush on wwx, because they’re stupid. jl would be mildly disturbed, oyzz would be a little disappointed, and lsz is just. done with this bs.
The Untamed (CQL) - Jiang Clarity Pendant
If you’re looking for the drama-equivalent of the Clarity Bell, there’s no official version yet but there is an unofficial version designed by the same store that specializes in replica pendants!
The pendant has a tiny little bell hidden inside the tassles and comes in two versions - a Jiang Yanli version (left) and a Jing Ling version (right), and the only difference between the two is the bead at the top of the pendant (see 3rd photo). If you’re planning to order this, please be sure to specify which one you’d like!
The store also has the option of upgrading the round jade part of the pendant. The upgraded version is thicker (8 mm compared to 5 mm of the regular version) and the difference between the two can be seen in the 4th photo.
If you’d like to order these, you can add them to your wishlist for now and when the next batch opens, you can join the batch order by submitting your wishlist. Please see the pinned post for updates and check the FAQs for info on how batch orders work. If you have any additional questions, feel free to DM/ask. :)
Prices (shipping not included)
- Regular version (JYL or JL): 68 RMB (approx. 13.35 CAD or 10.00 USD)
- Upgraded version (JYL or JL): 98 RMB (approx. 19.25 CAD or 14.40 USD)