me: sleepy time ~
you: would you like to talk about kis-
me, whipping out my laptop at the speed of light: i’m glad you asked
- Why I like Kise: what’s not to like really? He’s someone who acts all shallow and superficial but he keeps hanging out with the same 10 nerds all day, he acts childish and immature but actually there’s a certain kind of depth to him that makes him more secretive than he would initially come off. To me, he feels like someone who always surprises you with some new aspect to his personality just when you thought you’d figured him out. Hands down he has the best character arc in the entire series (going from cheerful and humble to serious and cocky and “He’s the best player on the court right now” from “I’m actually the worst of the bunch”) and I think there’s just something about him because I keep having a lot of feelings every time I remember another thing
- Why I don’t: I don’t like his tendency to take everything up on himself and let himself be torn down by obstacles instead of asking for Some help. Like, ur a child ur not allowed to be that self-destructive! >:[
- Favorite episode (scene if movie): omg probably when Kagami was struggling to win and he taunted him. Also, their very first 1v1. And playing against Haizaki. AND AOMINE. god they were all so satisfying. I also liked him in Last Game, and whenever he interacted with Momoi, and asddsj he doesn’t have a single bad scene
- Favorite season/movie: season 3 where he dares to be an asshole and is rightfully self-confident. He’s really good
- Favorite line: “Once you look up to someone, you can’t exceed them”, “Someone please light a fire in me”, “I wanted to win this game for all of us”
- Favorite outfit: what-the-fuck-ever that sleeveless V-neck tank top thing went with that I just found on google images. ho ho ho holy hell
I also really liked him playing against Kagami with his shirt-sleeves rolled up and dress pants/shoes still on…..that’s a Look
- OTP: I’m gonna say AoKise by habit. It kind of rocked my world and I still have a soft spot for them, but I’ve also been appreciating KagaKise and KiseKuro more. AoKagaKiseKuro?
- Brotp: I still like what they could’ve been with Momoi a Lot. Either in a mlm/wlw solidarity way or in a sort of romantically involved way, I think they’re just sweet and that their energies match.
- Head Canon: he’s the least physically healthy out of all of them, and it’s all a result of being careless with his body; pushing himself too hard during practice and especially matches, drinking until he’s blinding drunk on weekends and occasionally even smoking during and after photoshoots.
- Unpopular opinion: he’s really not immature!! He can be analytical & assertive and surprisingly smart and quick on his feet, I just feel like he has that “there are other people who are wiser/better at this than me so I’ll just let them do it” kind of insecurity paired with his “everyone’s so fucking serious all the time it’s up to me to bring some leverage to this shit” mentality. Basically he chose to present as an airhead even if he’s really not like that at all.
- A wish: I wish he lived his truth more/sooner? I feel like he’s really pretending for the most part and I’d love to see him finally give it up.
- An oh-god-please-dont-ever-happen: don’t let him crumble. Just pls… don’t let the obstacles crush him without anyone ever offering their help or carrying him off the court. I don’t want him to be alone and struggling until he reaches the point of breaking. ;-;
- 5 words to best describe them: Repressed Gay Bastard I’m in Love With
- My nickname for them: I don’t have any nicknames but I cough up rainbows whenever I try to speak this child’s name. Not sure how coherent I’ve been but god I love him a lot