developing zhuizhen goes a little like this:
- sizhui and jingyi are friends, and zizhen and jingyi are friends, which means a lot of the time they spend together is just zizhen and sizhui pining over jingyi.
- (dw, a ling fits into the story later. he’s currently busy being a hissing, grumpy, tsundere, much like his uncle, and is too stupid to realize he can make friends w/ ppl.)
- at first, zizhen & sizhui are friendly acquaintances. sizhui doesn’t know if he’s supposed to like zizhen or not bc…love rivals.
- meanwhile zizhen is intimated by sizhui bc this is like, the perfect lan disciple, blah blah blah i’m just saying sizhui has a reputation.
- but sizhui is also very nice & plays pretty music so zizhen thinks he’s cool!
- honestly zizhen’s standards for friends are like, nonexistent. as long as you’re not mean and haven’t purposefully murdered thousands of ppl, you’re chill. even then, the second standard has exceptions, so… huh.
- anyways, sizhui isn’t sure how to feel abt zizhen, which is sorta understandable. but it’s not like sizhui can hate zizhen! have you meet zizhen? exactly.
- so they eventually start talking w/o jingyi as a middleman (i’m not using that term correctly.)
- maybe they meet at caiyi? somewhere in guys prolly.
- they don’t talk abt politics much, which is a relief to both of them bc oyzz is plotting to give away the sect heir title and sizhui is tired of the messy cultivation world politics.
- instead, they talk abt other things like music, baling and gusu respectively, and strangely enough, herbal remedies.
- zizhen has been v. interested in healing cultivation, and gets really excited when talking abt it to sizhui bc sizhui is actually really attentive & knowledgeable abt this stuff
- eventually zizhen has an “oh.” moment, as you do when you’re friends with sizhui. istg the only junior disciple who hasn’t had a crush on sizhui (not just the quartet, everyone) is a-qing. maybe. idk.
- sizhui on the other hand thinks zizhen is sweet & v. cute, but is too useless from having to pine over jingyi for like 10 years to realize he might like other ppl =_=
Uh yes we stan healthy communication in relationships!! And honestly, it’s understandable that he might feel that way since jingyi & sizhui are basically attached at the hip, and i hc that jingyi’s very outwardly affectionate to jl for the sake of annoying him.
poor zizhen though 🥺 he deserves better
it would probably take oyzz a hot second before he tells them abt his insecurities, bc of obvious reasons, but lsz probably notices that something’s off with zizhen.
maybe sizhui pulls him aside and asks what’s up? and ofc, you can’t lie to lsz, that’s like illegal, so zizhen spills.
and oh. oh.
sizhui immediately feels a little guilty, bc he should have noticed sooner, but he’s also glad that zizhen brought it up. zizhen asks sizhui not to tell the others just yet, bc he doesn’t want them to take it the wrong way. sizhui reluctantly agrees.
he spends the weekend overanalyzing everything they’ve done since the start of the relationship. jingyi maybe notices that sizhui is super out of it, but when he mentions it offhandedly,
so when jingyi hangs with zizhen and just talks abt sizhui acting off ofc zizhen is…concerned, but also a little sad bc when they do actually spend time together they just end up talking abt sizhui.
and oyzz doesn’t know how the others will react to this! is he overthinking it? is this just him? what if they want to break up- and oh he’s spiraling.
so he becomes more reclusive than jl before he befriended them, bc he doesn’t have the energy to be sad and around bfs at the same time. probably spends some time with his family, yk.
& sizhui is seeing this happening, and worries immensely, as you do when you’re sizhui.
jingyi & jin ling realize that zizhen is kinda sorta maybe avoiding them, and ask abt it on the next occasion the four hang out.
zizhen is sorta freaking out but sizhui manages to somewhat calm him down enough to explain everything. jingyi is more offended at himself for messing up so bad. a ling feels guilty, and also very upset that zizhen’s upset. but they wouldn’t break up with oyzz anyways, especially not for this. and they tell him that. apologies are made & they hug it out!
it’s all very soft and zizhen feels better, which, yay! and after, the other three make sure to better at balancing a relationship w/ four ppl.
hope you liked it anon! :)
It’s nice to be in the Cloud Recesses, Jin Ling thinks as he’s falling asleep. He would never admit it out loud, because obviously Carp Tower is the best place in the entire world, and it’s home, and he wouldn’t ever leave it if he had a choice, but…
But it’s really nice to be in the Cloud Recesses. Except by going into the wild, Jin Ling never gets to experience such quiet. The rules of Gusu Lan call for silence and order, which does something to soothe his soul whenever he comes to visit.
Or maybe it’s because Lan Jingyi is always so happy to return, and some of it infects him as well. It’s funny really. Lan Jingyi acts and sounds in such a manner that he should appear to belong more in Carp Tower, but there’s some part of him that only shines when he’s in the Cloud Recesses. Loud as he is, Lan Jingyi fits right in among the austere buildings and misty mountains, as if this is where he truly belongs, even if he willingly chose to leave it all behind for Jin Ling’s sake.
It’s so nice to be together like this, in this place out of the world where nothing can touch them, and they can just…
Jin Ling yelps, startled awake when the blanket is yanked away from him. On sheer instinct, he kicks the wrapped up shape next to him, and lets out a curse.
So much for peace and quiet.
Taking hardship with his usual grace and good humour, Lan Jingyi grumbles against the use of violence, then wraps himself tighter into the single blanket they’ve been given, even though it’s winter and fucking freezing in this hellish place Jin Ling’s husband calls home.
Fully pissed off now, and with his extremities quickly losing sensation due to the cold, Jin Ling pulls on the blanket, trying to free at least a little bit of it from his husband’s grasp so he doesn’t die frozen during the night. He manages, after some struggles, but his efforts wake Lan Jingyi who sleepily glares at him. Jin Ling, unimpressed, continues pulling until he can cover himself.
“What’re you doing?” Lan Jingyi grumbles, trying to get the blanket back.
“I’m trying to kee myself alive,” Jin Ling snaps. “I swear, steal the blankets again and I’ll put my cold feet on you.”
Lan Jingyi huffs.
“Isn’t your cultivation high enough to not feel the cold?”
“I could say the same to you! You’re the one who’s been trained here.”
Pulling on the blanket, Lan Jingyi huffs again.
“I left for a reason. I can put up with it, just don’t wanna. Now let me sleep.”
“I’ll let you sleep if you let me not die of the cold!” Jin Ling retorts.
With one final huff, Lan Jingyi releases the blanket, only to grab Jin Ling and pull him close so they can both be wrapped into the too thin fabric.
“Now sleep,” he orders, nuzzling Jin Ling’s neck.
It’s sweet, and it is warm like this, which is ever so nice.
Still, Jin Ling gives it about five minutes before Lan Jingyi steals the damn blanket again.
Just wondering, how - in the hell - did no one (specially Jiang Cheng) notice, that LWJ (who never touches people), went right away to holding WWX’s hand ?!!!!!!!!!
That should’ve been a big flashy sign THIS IS WWX ….
Anon dear, I am always taking asks. Btw, if you’re an anon and send multiple asks to me (there’s this one anon who sent like 3 asks within the span of ten minutes), you can mark yourself/give yourself a name. Like for example cloud anon. I’ve seen other ppl do it on their blogs and thought that it was a nifty little thing we could try out! :)
Anyways, ljy would definitely accidentally walk in on wangxian -and be horrified, scarred for life the poor boy.
lwj and ljy have a weird relationship. lwj is a little more than a friend’s dad, but not exactly a father figure. maybe something like a strange relatabley gay uncle?
and wwx? he’s like a cool older brother who hpapens to be fucking his sorta gay uncle. duh.
everyone know that they are… sexually active, but jingyi did NOT have to have his eyes destroyed. seriously, get this boy some bleach.
the other juniors would def think that ljy has a crush on wwx, because they’re stupid. jl would be mildly disturbed, oyzz would be a little disappointed, and lsz is just. done with this bs.
The Untamed match icons
i’m obsessed with them🥺 i need help
𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒖𝒔𝒆
angsty mdzs junior hcs
Because fluff is hard, and angst is right there.
- Jingyi doesn’t flinch. It’s one of those weird things that only Sizhui probably noticed, bc who else?
- The backstory is sad though. His parents never hit him, but there was a lot of emotional abuse (mostly his absent mother and drunkard of a father, but his dad was just an asshole, not necessarily abusive).
- Then Lan Qiren ‘saved him’. Except it wasn’t much better then his before situation, because you can’t tell me that the Cloud Recesses is as completely good as they market it.
- Because as much as I love forever annoyed granduncle LQR, a stone cold ‘emotions aren’t real’ Lan is much more realistic. Probably workohalics too. Too much work to do, and not enough time to do it cause of the sleep schedule.
- Even if the Cloud Recesses genuinely did their best to treat all their students equally and with respect and not suppress their personalities, it’s still hard for Jingyi to learn in their environment.
- Sizhui, on the other hand, thrives in it. Which gives LJY feelings of self-doubt.
- But did you think that Sizhui was free of the angst?? Because if so, you were sorely mistaken.
- Sizhui has had to work so. damn. hard.
- Because he’s an outsider! He didn’t grow up there, he doesn’t know these people, doesn’t remember anything, and he sure as fuck doesn’t trust any of them.
- Ofc, he’s a scared three year old. His guardian is still mourning his dead crush, and Sizhui is very much alone. He throws himself into learning, because he’s in debt to these people and has to do his best or else he’ll be a disappoint.
- Sizhui thrives there because he has to, not because he just… does.
- And honestly? It’s fine. He might not be happy at the Cloud Recesses, and he might miss home, even if he doesn’t remember where it is, but at least he isn’t completely alone. He has a father figure and a best friend, and that’s a little more than the bare minimum.
- Ughhh I don’t wanna give Zizhen angst, but life is life until your mom gets eaten by a spider-monster
- Big time arachnophobe. Saw the spider choke his mom with webs, and Zizhen ran to get help. No one believed that Madame Ouyang actually got nom-nomed on (oh, the imagination of children) until they find the preserved corpse.
- As for jin ling, he has enough angst in canon. Leave him alone (for now).
Finished the juniors after much pain! It’s crazy what self motivation can do. I’m happy with how it came out though! I colored every single junior completely, like a fool, so full bodies included in the last few slides. I’ve never drawn so many people in a single frame before and I do not wish to go through that again lol.
Yi city arc is my favorite arc but also gives me big depression. Filled in with some canon fodder lol who knows who even knows who they are
Lighting?? Background??? I don’t know them.
pre-slash pre-slash PRE-SLASH
hi hi, I am pre-relationship trash. I love the idea of jl being so concerned and worried and just,,, jingyi realizing/being reminded that a ling actually does care for him, but downplaying it bc that’s how their relationship works.
“awww I didn’t know you cared so much, young mistress!” “you’re my friend too, idiot.”
ugh lingyi is quality tsundere content™
I’m so sorry
I did a Inhuman AU, now it’s time for a metahuman AU bc I’m absolute junior trash. :)
I’ve only seen the first season a couple years ago and only recently the second to fourth season so far, so… yeah. I’m probably inaccurate w/ some of the flash verse stuff.
- JL has Caitlin’s power but doesn’t realize it. And instead of Killer Frost he has a Bakugou kinda being inhabiting him. By that I mean Bakugou’s powers. JL’s alter-ego (which I haven’t named yet, suggestions are very welcome) is very different from JL’s personality. The alter ego isn’t… evil? But not good? It’s completely focused on its own self-preservation, but eventually grows to care about JL as a person.
- Oyzz can vibe. It’s very accidental at first, and eventually he can vibe blast but hates doing it.
- Ljy can read minds and sometimes send messages to people if they have a close enough bond. He and lsz, who is similar to Martin Stein w/ Firestorm, do the bond thingy.
- However, lsz is physically weak bc he has ALS (which is extremely rare in children, but life is unfair and fanfic isn’t reality).
- None of them know each other & only meet when a mysterious character named Abath kidnaps them all to do evil things (evil agendas must be secret bc bc).
- They’re stuck in seperate meta prisons. Jl is confused and upset cause he isn’t a meta?? What’s going on??
- Ljy is thankful he can’t hear their thoughts.
- Lsz is… HMM. Oyzz is freaking out cause he wanted to hide his powers from his family.
- They’ll escape (duh) and jl is still confused cause he doesn’t have any powers goddamnit & ljy is confused by the whirlwind of their thoughts.
- Before they can get the fuck out and escape, Abath’s goons find them. At this point, lsz and ljy don’t know they can merge and no one can actually fight except pacifist Zizhen so… that’s not great. Ljy calls out somewhat helpful directions (mind reading is useful).
- Then they find out that JL actually does have powers (oop-) and after many explosions and passing out, they get the fuck outta there.
- Lsz insists that they stick together, and oyzz doesn’t wanna go home yet and jl isn’t awake to argue so they go hide away at lsz’s home. His dad is away in business so they have the place to freak out in peace.
I’ll continue this next time 0-0