Just finished episode 6 and came on Tumblr to take in all the reaction.
Which I should NOT have done
This negativity is actually surprising to me cause I thought the finale couldn't have been more fitting.
It was heartbreaking for me personally, but beyond that I felt like all of their reactions and arguments were so in character.
- Sylvie thinking Loki would choose a throne over her
- Loki actually NOT wanting a throne
- Sylvie not believing He Who Remains while Loki at least considers it
- Sylvie choosing vengeance and just repeating Loki's mistakes
- Loki and Sylvie LOSING at the end and destroying everything good they could have had
- the kiss, even though so many people seem to hate it. It fit the narrative and was logical in this particular moment. As an emotional reaction AND still a sort of manipulation by Sylvie
- Ravonna not killing Mobius
- Hunter B-15 trying to convince the TVA agents of the lies they have been told
I'm pretty sure if I watch it again I'll notice even more things.
Furthermore, the ending made even sense in the large scheme of things:
- the Time Keeper being Kang (I think)
- the start of the Multiverse
- Miss Minutes being involved
- Loki and Sylvie's relationship dynamic being clearly revealed
- it all going to shit in general
- Loki not ever getting a break
So maybe this is just me, but I LOVED this finale because it made sense and in my opinion it payed tribute to all the characters (keep in mind that the story is in fact not finished yet and Mobius might get his Jetski in the end; Ravonna's goals will probably be revealed; Hunter B-15 did not get to finish her mission since reality changed (?))
Personally, I didn't get the impression that a lot of plot lines were abandoned or anything and the episode had enough of an emotional impact to be memorable and build up tension for season 2, while still completing the story arc of season 1: killing the Time Keepers and Loki's change in perspective.
This Loki finale really just goes to show how fucking talented Tom Hiddleston is. This episode deserves an Emmy, this scene below deserves an Emmy, he certainly deserves an Emmy. The way he is able to bring Loki’s character development, back story, trauma and emotions to life in every waking moment, with or without words whenever this character is on screen is astounding.
Not only that but Tom also executive produces for the show, so he basically helps write and direct it. To not only be the main actor but also a writer and director for the same show. To know how to develop a story and character arcs, takes so much talent it’s unimaginable!!!
This man knows exactly what he is doing and it is MINDBLOWING. I really can’t wait to see more of him 👀…
HOLY FUCK I LOVED THE LOKI FINALE SO MUCH GUYS ALSO WERE GETTING A SECOND SEASON HELL YEAH LETS GOOOO
I saw the knife meme last week and instantly thought of Loki and then I was like “oh let’s make his eyeshadow the genderfluid flag” and then it kind of spiraled into an entire day spent drawing pride flag eye shadow and can you tell I don’t actually wear makeup but wish I had the skill
Edit: I forgot to link my Instagram post, which has more pride flag eyeshadow versions! Here it is if anyone’s curious