ENHYPEN :: DIMENSION : DILEMMA Concept Photo (SCYLLA ver.)
694 notes · View notes
STAR WARS VISIONS 'The Twins' 01.03
270 notes · View notes
280 notes · View notes
Waiter: “Soup or Salad?”
Toga: “Ooh, what’s a super salad?!”
Twice: “Do you have any villain options?”
Waiter: “Soup or Sal— Uh… Sir, there’s no smoking in here.”
Dabi, sitting there with smoke coming out of his scars.
Mr. Compress: “I know you’re unaware, but he has a medical condition, so he can’t help it.”
Waiter: “Oh, I’m so sorry!“
Dabi, lighting up a cigarette: “You should be.”
Waiter: “Soup or Salad?“
Waiter: “Soup or Salad?”
Shigaraki, turning to Spinner: “What are they saying to me?”
Spinner: “Oh, a salad is basically vegetables.“
Spinner: “He’ll have the soup.”
Waiter: “Sure! Our Soup of the day is vegetable soup.”
Shigaraki, deadpanning at the waiter. “I want chicken noodles.”
Waiter, standing in line at the store across the street holding a can of Campbell’s chicken noodle soup: “I don’t get paid enough for this.”
Waiter seeing they left a $200 tip.
Re-Destro, at the mansion, unable to find his wallet.
297 notes · View notes
A call, Yun? 👀 I think I know who'll be on the other end... 😏
176 notes · View notes
So, one of our players has a raging hatred against gorillas. It goes a little something like:
DM: Kabal feels something pointy in his rear, it seems like the gorilla impaled his butt with a branch with the epic punch. At least it’s a cool tail.
Kabal (Rogue): “I think this is my last straw. This is worse than when Kano stabbed a knife in my hand at the BBQ! I DONT LIKE BBQ!”
“Alrighty. This is gonna hurt.” He huffed before proceedings to...well, rip the branch out of his...you know- you get the point. “AH HOLY MOLY COLY DOLTY! THE AHHHHHH”
and then, a few moments later:
Kabal (Rouge): “I hate all of you- can I please sleep somewhere away from you guys before I turn into a gorilla?”
DM: A gorilla walks out of the woods and stares at Kabal.
Me (Rogue): “You hate us! Mission one accomplished!”
213 notes · View notes
ENHYPEN :: DIMENSION : DILEMMA Concept Photo (SCYLLA ver.)
435 notes · View notes
Bayonetta 3 - First Look Gameplay
Bayonetta 3 will launch for Nintendo Switch in 2022.
Messages from Bayonetta 3 directors
A Message from Bayonetta 3 Director Yusuke Miyata
Hello, everyone! This is Yusuke Miyata, the director of Bayonetta 3. We’ve kept you waiting for a very long time, but I’m very happy that we’ve finally been able to bring you a new trailer.
This is my first time working on the Bayonetta series, but just like all of you, I’m a big fan and played the previous games nonstop. After being tapped to direct, I of course not only played through the previous games again, but also read every Bayonetta-related book there is cover to cover before getting into deep discussions with Kamiya-san about every aspect of the game from systems to settings before getting to work.
One of the biggest draws of Bayonetta games is the mysterious and alluring character of Bayonetta herself, as well as that of the entourage of unique characters that surrounds her. I’ve worked on the development of several character games, and I used that experience to the fullest to bring out the charms of Bayonetta and the gang.
I’m also being extremely discerning about the action which is essential to the Bayonetta series. Kamiya-san has almost literally talked my ear off about “action connected directly to the brain.” Basically, that’s the type of satisfying action gameplay that comes from being able to control the character exactly how you want, and the genes of that action have been properly passed down to this game too. From the position of both developer and fan, we’re all working on Bayonetta 3 keeping these 2 bewitching aspects of the series in mind, with the goal of surpassing all expectations.
So what did you all think of the new trailer?
We sprinkled a lot of new elements throughout the frenetic pacing. I’d like to talk a bit about one of those, a new featured mechanic that lets you control Infernal Demons, called “Demon Slave.”
Unlike the Climax Summons of previous games that automatically defeated enemies and returned to Inferno, this mechanic lets players control demons during gameplay and unleash a host of intuitive actions. Each demon’s abilities vary and the kinds of abilities that are advantageous in a certain situation can change at any time. Just how many are there? What else can you do? Well, there’s a lot more I’d like to tell you, but I have to stop here for now. However, there’s a lot of info hidden in the trailer that I didn’t go into here, so please consider watching it again until the next announcement.
We’re in the home stretch of development right now, working on making the core of the game even more fun and test playing nonstop. As the culmination of this series loved by all of you, we’re giving our all to make it a masterpiece worth of the name Bayonetta so please wait and anticipate just a bit longer!
Director, Bayonetta 3
A Message from Bayonetta 3 Executive Director Hideki Kamiya
Sorry to have kept you all waiting. It’s been about four years since the announcement back in 2017… We really, really kept you waiting.
In those four years, I’m sure people had a lot of concerns like “What’s happening with Bayonetta 3?” and “Are they really still working on it?” and “When are we going to get some new news?” But just as much as everyone wants to see Bayonetta 3 as soon as possible, all of us working on it have been burning to show it off just as badly, and without being able to hear any cheers from fans, we’ve buckled down and kept working for four years.
Now we’ve finally been able to show the fruits of our labors and the team can finally breathe a sigh of relief, and we’ll be able to concentrate even harder on our work. It’s been a long four years for us too.
The impressions of everyone who saw the announcement will definitely energize us. There are still a lot of secrets about Bayonetta 3, but for now we’d like everyone to let your imaginations run wild from this trailer and get excited.
With Bayonetta 3, I’m still overseeing the world and story, but in order to breathe some new life into the game I’ve chosen Yusuke Miyata, a longtime and trusted co-worker (although he can be a bit of a goofball), as the director.
We’ve also the talents of directors Yuji Shimomura and Masaki Suzumura helping us bring unprecedented amounts of smiles, years, drama, humor, and sexiness to the movie scenes.
And of course, Bayonetta’s look has been handled by someone you might call her personal designer, Mari Shimazaki. This time Bayonetta dances into the fray looking more fashionable and elegant than ever.
So everyone, there’s no need to worry, Bayonetta 3 is real, and the day when you’ll be able to hold it in your hands and play is definitely coming! Rest easy and look forward to more info to come, because no matter how great your expectations may be, I promise we’ll deliver an experience that exceeds all of them.
Executive Director, Bayonetta 3
114 notes · View notes
Hi sorry, I don't believe in larry but I don't go and attack other larries for their beliefs and I apologize if other antis do that... 😕
But I was just curious..., is there any part of you that thinks that larry may have not been real this entire time and it was just fans projecting that idea onto them? (For example, reading too much into things, trying to find connections when there aren't any, and basing newer theories on other theories that were just headcanons) Because I understand that larries are upset sometimes because there are 'stunts' still happening and nothing has changed. But do you ever doubt it now? That maybe, the stunts haven't changed because maybe they were never really stunts in the first place?
I understand that as fans we're not with harry and louis 24/7 so we don't really know what goes on in their lives. But I'm just curious because, if fans don't know what's happening 24/7, how can their beliefs be completely accurate? There must be some plot holes right?
In my opinion a lot of the times, larries say things like, oh this relationship timeline doesn't make any sense but from my perspective, we only have knowledge of what we see publicly, so the reason things might not make sense is because we don't have the full picture/or all the pieces of the puzzle. We just have a select few instances that we can base our judgements on, but the downside to this is that our judgements can also be inaccurate. Therefore, I honestly don't see larry as being real now. Maybe in the past harry seemed to have a crush on Louis or something, but other than that, I think fans were reading too much into things and dragged it along for too long to the point that no one could really do anything about it. Sorry for this long ask, my opinion doesn't matter anyway lol but I was honestly just curious about Larry and all this stuff. But anyways, have a nice day!
First of all, you have no idea how much I appreciate you for being so straightforward and saying you're not a larrie! Because there's a lot of people coming here trying to stir the pot, pretending to be larries and being really shitty at us. (and some larries are no better) It's not hard to just be polite even though we think differently, we could all have a chat and have some fun together.
Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from. It's a very practical way of thinking and I can definitely relate to that because I'm a very practical person myself, maybe that's why you're writing me this. So I actually agree with a lot of things you said. But I do think that this is coming from much more from a place of lack of knowledge on what we actually believe or don't believe, than from pure skepticism. Do you know what I mean? I cannot speak for other larries, but for me, it's much less about theories, and reaches, and reading into things, and much more about the consistency of facts as a whole. We can obviously add layers of theories and complexity to that - and I think people will naturally try to understand things in a way that makes more sense to them, which is incredibly subjective - but at the end of the day, we're talking about a series of events here. We are reading too much into things, that is a fact. But that's only because we keep finding things when we do, we keep getting reaffirmations. Otherwise, we would have dropped it years ago.
We're certainly not completely accurate, that would be impossible. The only thing I'm 100% sure of - and that's me answering your question - is that Harry and Louis are together and always had been. No, I don't have a single doubt in my mind. And I'm not saying larry is real because they keep wearing blue and green and this kind of shit. I'm saying larry is real because when we look at a bigger picture, it makes sense. I'm not saying their relationships with girls don't make sense, of course there are holes but I completely agree this could be justified since we're not watching people 24/7, but imo when we stop looking at larry as something so unlikely, larry makes more sense than whatever other official narrative going on. And that's based on what we see publicly anon, believe it or not.
Because, honestly, if we take all the "proofs" and theories out of the picture, what is so unlikely about larry being real? Besides looking at things from a very heteronormative point of view? First things first, we have a disgusting industry, where closeting is undoubtedly not only very real but frequent. A fabricated and extremely profitable boyband targeted for an audience made of young heterosexual females, where having gay members would be very inconvenient. Abusive contracts, especially coming from talent shows. We have both Simon Cowell and Modest Management being exposed over and over for abusive behaviour. People connected with One Direction openly talking about "helping” closeting people with PR relationships. So, unfortunately, it's not an unlikely scenario at all. And then on top of that, we can start to add all the fishy stuff. What the hell happened with Harry and Louis "friendship"? We can all agree that shit was never platonic in the first place. And then their behaviour drastically changed, at the same time both of them started to get girlfriends and 1D skyrocketed worldwide. Girlfriends that very coincidentally started to show up everytime there was something to be promoted. Repeating the same patterns year after year. At the same time they started to get tattoos, on a running theme, not only one or two, there's probably ten of those coincidences all over their bodies. Ship and compass, heart and arrow, anchor and rope, oops and hi, the fucking papillon tattoos???... One after the other, in sequence. And then he got the dagger, after months of speculation, right after a huge denial? What are the chances! And then when Harry got the mermaid and we started to speculate about Louis getting a lighthouse and he showed up with a customized t-shirt with a lighthouse, saying "yes". And those are only the tattoos, don't even let me get started on the other hundreds of coincidences. Did they actually ever hated each other? Hated larries? Why the fuck they would be so bothered by gay rumours when they seem to be at least allies. How many times they're going to need to orbit around each other so people can stop calling it a coincidence. What the fuck was even the rainbow bears, and since we're talking cryptic, why there's so much consistency when we *delulus* feel like they're communicating, why is it always the same pattern over and over on the queer coding, on the coded clothing, lyrics. We can only go crazy and speculate to a certain point, why there's always room for interpretation, why they keep feeding into it. How in the world did they end up with the same vintage t-shirt, why is Harry obsessed with things named Louis, why did Louis wear a t-shirt with a huge H in it if he knew what it meant, why did he sing princess park, why did he sing LARRY CALL A LOT OF SMOKE IN? Out of all the names, t-shirts, songs, places... what 👏 are 👏 the 👏 chances. Things don't mean anything individually, they're just coincidences, theories, reaches, until proven otherwise. But when we start to add things up to this same pile... it means everything. They actually fit. So, you do you, anon. If you think that's too crazy, too fucked, that is fine, I understand that people have different points of view and I respect that. I'm not worried about being on the "right side", I'm worried about being truthful. I love them, and I feel like they need to be heard. Desperately. I don't believe shit like that happens on a bigger picture so consistently unless there's something else going on.
171 notes · View notes
since we're in an appreciating cc!Tommy's writing mood can I just say that in my opinion, c!Tommy had one of the best villain arcs on the server
i have such a long post detailing just how perfect that villain arc was - that when c!techno talked about c!tommy going too far, that was the point: being with c!techno made him worse because he was encouraged to act on all his worst impulses. that him realising that, that him realising he was becoming the sort of person he didn't want to be, is the start of one of the best redemption arcs (the only, really, to date) because it started with:
1) c!tommy's world views being shifted around: he wasn't the victim in this situation, he was hurting people - even though, they'd hurt him, he was hurting them too. he was hurting people he didn't want to hurt. he was becoming someone who was okay with hurting people, taking his revenge in a harmful manner. and he wasn't okay with that. that's the weakness in his ideology: he didn't want to become the person who hurt others, even though they hurt him
2) a character undergoing a redemption arc needs to be pushed on his beliefs: when c!tommy declared he would be fighting for l'manberg, he expressed his remorse at what he had done. he expressed - first to c!techno - that he was sorry, and then he expressed to l'manberg that he was becoming someone he didn't want to be. when doomsday was impending, he swore he would fight for l'manberg, telling them they didn't have to forgive them - but they had to stand together.
- and he showed his remorse for his actions. he apologised profusely on the day, before doomsday, and he even went and got mars for c!sapnap (that wasn't a part of his villain arc, but it was part of an important lesson he had learned: no one had the right to take away something beloved to someone else) - told him he'd appreciate if he helped fight for l'manberg, but that he didn't have to. c!tommy expressed understanding when c!sapnap told him how conflicted he was feeling about fighting for either side
- c!tommy is a strongly sympathetic character, even though he'd just hurt people in a way he hadn't ever before (which is also why he's sympathetic: he'd crossed lines he never had before and when he realised this, he immediately regretted it and worked to better himself). you want him to become the best version of himself, you're rooting for him to stay on path
3) the character needs to make the choice for redemption themselves, and c!tommy certainly did that. he said "the discs matters more than you ever did!" to c!tubbo and immediately realised what he'd said, and thus how far he'd strayed from the path. how unlike himself he was, how terrible a person he was becoming (according to his own standards). instead of helping destroy l'manberg, he stood against c!technoblade (after apologising for turning against him) and fought for l'manberg. fought for the nation, the people, that had hurt him - even unwittingly.
- he wasn't immediately forgiven by all, almost by none actually. he was looked at with suspiciousness; he'd helped do terrorism within l'manberg's walls by the way. and he acknowledged they had every right to feel that way, but they needed to stand together. he didn't invalidate the people who didn't immediately trust him's feelings, he didn't get mad. the day after he gave a more personal apology to c!tubbo as well, as he was the one he'd hurt the most intimately (with his comment about the discs), and c!tubbo forgives him after apologising for exile
obviously, this was a very quick walk through of how c!tommy's redemption arc went (there's way more details to the different points in a redemption arc), but it hit all the key points most literary academics perceive as important to a character's redemption journey; and that is very impressive. it was a very quick redemption arc, as time was neigh before the doomsday war, but that there was still time to flesh out the different points is quite impressive.
i have a lot of respect for cc!tommy's writing, especially in season two. it was absolutely phenomenal
141 notes · View notes
Emma and Killian in 4x16 - “Poor Unfortunate Soul”
101 notes · View notes
His body is rotting
All teeth fallen out
Skin gray and dead
His body is blooming
Everything is covered
All the way
From head to toe
His body is wilting
The flowers are dead
Wait until next spring
His body is budding
blue and green revealed
Once you let the body go
The soul starts blooming
His soul is blooming
In our world
When the body rots
The soul grows on its remains
-Anon with an english assigment to write a poem
hope it's okay i used your idea
AHHHHHHHHHHH THIS MADE ME TEAR UP IT'S SO GOOD
59 notes · View notes
Japanese Nintendo Direct Trailer | 2021.9.24
75 notes · View notes
DANIEL RICCIARDO arriving in the paddock
Russian GP 2021, 23.09
110 notes · View notes
Gonna start posting some unpopular opinions on media here. Here we go;
- Traditional Fairy Tales are good actually and there is nothing wrong with character archetypes like The Damsel in Distress or The Knight in Shining Armor. Victims are not weak or bad for being unable to escape their abusers. Your worth is not dictated by you needing help. Those who rescue others from harm ought to be admired and emulated.
- RWBY was better in the early Volumes because it was a fun show about anime characters fighting each other and cool monsters and it wasn't ashamed of that. The new volumes are a third rate fantasy epic held together by a meandering Macguffin Plot and is afraid of actually being colorful or upbeat. Things that are simple and fun are sometimes better than overwrought dramas.
- HeMan Revelations isn't that good of a show because it was written by someone who doesn't even like the IP. The Master of the Universe cartoon is a much better adaptation because it isn't embarrassed to be about a bunch of colorful sword and sorcery characters beating up a cackling skeleton man. If I wanted to see a bunch of mean lesbians shit-talking their friends I'd just go look in the radfems tag.
- A piece of media doesn't need to be perfect to be worth enjoying. For example, I think that Harry Potter and The Hunger Games are very flawed book series, but I'm still able to appreciate what their authors did right along with the messages they tried to put in them.
- Arguing about "realism" in a story as a form of complaint is counterproductive because fiction by it's nature is meant to be unrealistic. Instead you should evaluate whether characters have consistant identities, if plot points weave together in a satisfying way, and if the attempted themes and moods of the story are cohesive and are supported by the writting.
- Twilight isn't my cup of tea, but it gets a lot more hate than it deserves and after some of the smut I've seen some of y'all make online I don't think a lot of you have any right to complain about it being "unhealthy".
- Certain genres and their conventions are not for you and that doesn't make them objectively bad. Complaining about a children's story having a child protagonist, or a self-indulgent romance story having a fantastical romance, is like going to the beach and complaining about there being too much water. Or going to a rock concert and wondering why they aren't playing easy listening jazz.
- Ideally neither gender should be sexually objectified, but if you're going to have unrealistic depictions of women in your stories you should at least be fair and do the same with the men. If all the women look like porn stars and all the men have flat asses and ugly faces than you're a coward. Either glorify the human form and give everyone impossible physiques or be realisitic. Pick one.
- The Lord of the Rings doesn't need sex scenes or LGBT representation. If you really want a fantasy story with those things you should make your own story or read stories by people like Ursula K. Le Guin that put those things in their stories. Adding things an author wouldn't have approved of after their death is disrespectful to their memory.
- A lot of people are correct about how it's gross that a lot of anime sexualizes teenage girls, but I find it concerning that nobody really speaks up when they do it to underage boys instead. Both are kids and shouldn't be portrayed that way period.
- It's okay to have "cringy" interests. As long as you aren't hurting yourself or others than you should do what makes you happy. Besides, in five years people are going to magically decide your interest is cool again once it's become cool to be invested in it "ironically". This goes for Among Us, Pokemon, Anime, Five Nights at Freddy's, Warrior Cats or any other children's media or niche interest.
- On that note, liking something "ironically" is impossible. You may not enjoy something for the reasons its creator meant, but if you're a fan you're a fan. Don't hide behind a mask of cynicism and false-scorn. Embrace your passions openly and without shame. I promise you'll have more fun that way.
- Most furries are actually okay people and I'm tired of people acting like they're freaks when there are way worse individuals you could encounter online. Thinking that bipedal cartoon animals is cool isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.
- Some 12 year old's Mary Sue oc is actually harmless and they are just having fun and learning how to create. Don't bully them over being inexperienced or for having a ridiculous character concept. Instead you should encourage them and only give them constructive criticism if they ask for it. Dark Lord Bloodaxe Grimjaw and Magical Neko Angel Demon Princess Miyuki could go on to become something genuinely compelling if given the chance.
- Shipping isn't the end-all be-all of storytelling. Try taking the shipping goggles off every now and then. Try to engage with stories beyond which characters you want to see kiss.
- Also you should give other genres a chance every now and then. It helps broaden your horizons and will teach you more about storytelling and the tropes and tools used when doing so.
- A lot of classics may not hold up well to modern standards or fit your tastes. But they are important because they introduced important concepts to their branch of media. That's why they are taught in schools. It's okay not to like a classic, but you should research what it contributed to literature/cinema/video games and it's impact on media. It's possible to dislike something while also acknowledging it's historical impact. In fact it is sometimes necessary to learn and grow as a storyteller.
- Finally, friendships are more important than fandoms. Fandoms are overrated and are infested with drama and toxicity and cliques. Instead you should make friends with good people who share your interests. You'll have much more fun that way.
Thanks for listening to my ramble. Have a nice day.
166 notes · View notes
here's the thing...
just because buck and taylor are dating doesn't mean bucktaylor is endgame, especially when you consider buck's dating history.
in the pilot we see that buck tends to put himself out there and has a number of hookups, but in the very first one he tries to take that further by asking her out and gets shut down. so from the start he isn't just looking for sex, he just keeps ending up in bed with people who are. enter abby
right off the bat, abby is a break from the norm. she doesnt even want to meet him in person at first. they form a connection before they ever hook up (and one could argue phone sex is even a little more intimate in some ways because there's an added layer of vulnerability to it). she shows buck how far emotional investment can elevate a relationship. unfortunately, she can't invest nearly as much as buck can, and ends up leaving him high and dry when he's ready to take the next step with her.
lesson learned: he needs someone he can keep pace with. enter taylor (phase i)
at first taylor seems like a good, safe bet, but buck is once more seeking connection ("call me?") and taylor's career is taking off - which is just so sexy of her, i might add - and their false start leads them nowhere. but it does have the benefit of helping him put abby out of his mind. enter ali
i dont care what anyone says, ali and buck were cute together. the scene where they're touring the loft? adorable. ali helps buck move forward from abby in multiple ways, including getting him out of that goddamn apartment and into his own place. they operated well together, shared equal footing, had great chemisty; everything buck had with abby, but with someone in the same phase of their life.
by the end of season 3 we know that while buck may have moved forward from abby, he hasn't fully moved on. closure is a powerful, powerful thing. and man, can i just say im such a sucker for "right place wrong time" love stories? age gap aside, i was alright with buckabby until we learn she ghosted him in season 2.
in the end, while ali cares deeply for buck, knowing he's always in danger and seeing it for herself are just too much to stomach. lesson learned: he needs someone who will be able to handle the stress of dating a firefighter. enter taylor (phase ii)
disaster bis are back, baby! they start off as friends, but something is off from the beginning. buck jumps the gun, dropping hints that hes looking for more. taylor jumps the gun too, showing up to a double date thinking it's just a hookup. there is a significant lack of communication between them.
even before they get together we see that taylor often retreats into her own head when they're running on different wavelengths, leaving him behind instead of meeting him halfway. even dragging him along would be better; at least that would show she values his input.
we see this displayed most prominently in the treasure hunt; they have a couple moments where they're perfectly in sync (which visibly bothers eddie, and god i love that for me) and others where taylor hits the ground running and leaves buck standing in a cloud of dust.
we didnt get to see their honeymoon phase (tragic; i may not ship bucktaylor but i sure as hell like seeing hot people make out, bless you season 5 premiere) but if we extrapolate from monday's episode, buck is still resorting to using his body to get her attention - and even that fails sometimes.
we havent seen them hit any bumps just yet, but i think bucktaylor will reach a crossroads sooner rather than later. there will come a time when buck needs her to be there for him emotionally, and taylor either won't be able to OR she'll try, and it won't be what buck needs.
the lesson he hasn't learned yet: relationships need equal footing.
relationships that dont work out are important. they teach you what kind of person is right for you, the kind of person you want by your side forever. bucktaylor needs to run its course, or she will just end up taking abby's place.
and the thing is....
buck already has someone in his life keeping pace with him. buck already has someone in his life who understands why he puts himself in danger. buck's already (almost perfectly) in sync with someone who has been his equal since the day they met - and even went far enough to make that somewhat legally binding.
you can have my back any day. you could have mine.
68 notes · View notes
@jamieoleksiak: Release the Kraken 🦑
72 notes · View notes
do you have like a top 5 for favorite scholar weapons in ffxiv :o
Thank you for asking, and I DO HAVE FAVS!!! The books below are the ones my cowboy uses the most!!!
1) Crier's Grimoir: The neutral metal cover makes this book rank 1 for me! It goes well with so many outfits!!
2) Engraved Leather Grimoire: Similar to the above, this one also goes well with most armour/clothes, and I love the rustic aesthetic :D
3) Codex of Phaliak: This book is so beautiful with the gold and blues; it matches my character's hat!
4) Weathered Physica: The fanciest book in the game!! It’s also HUGE and comes with a HUGE quill. The black pages with gold writing is so beautiful...
5) Augmented Scaeven Magitek Codex: This is the skinniest book in the game but comes with a BIG surprise; it opens up with a mechanical thingy that moves??? ALSO this book can be DYED
42 notes · View notes
if. if you replay chapter 1 of deltarune in the new demo kris doesnt have a save file, instead its empty. maybe it wasnt supposed to be there?? whatever the case just thought it should be said
I *think* that's just what happens if you already played through and overwrote Kris's SAVE, and then at some point your own SAVE was deleted or removed, or you select a different file from file 1. Cause some streamers haven't played Deltarune but are still using the new demo and Kris's name still appears at that initial SAVE point.
Though if that's true, either way when you start at chapter 2 but didn't import or play a complete save from chapter 1, it actually does display Kris as having their own SAVE.
KRIS LV 2 20:03
My Castle Town
Which could be interesting when you consider most of the story still must've played out on its own then, even despite lacking the player's involvement.
Which, as an aside, could say something about the whole weird route which only occurs through said player intervention.
In the first place, why is it called the "weird" route in the files? Considering how bad things seem to go, why not a name with much more negative connotations?
What makes the normal route "normal" despite all the weird stuff that happens in it already?
Why does Ralsei in the weird route expect us to cut away and check on Susie?
How does Ralsei in the normal route even know about Susie and Noelle going on the ferris wheel when he and Kris are standing too far to see anything, and why does he keep keep asking Kris to "imagine" what those two could be doing?
Ralsei: (Susie is surely thinking of her ride with Noelle...)
Why does it take a player a massive amount of effort to even properly stick firm into this weird route?
What does it mean that during this weird route, in the hospital one of the blue beads is "broken and torn off", now off the track it was meant to be on:
(It's a toy with beads on a track.)
(One of the blue beads is broken and torn off.)
The same beads that seemingly went along with the game's original message of "your choices don't matter" in chapter 1:
(It's one of those sliding bead toys that naturally spawns inside doctors' offices.)
(The beads march grimly along their set path.)
And continues that message in the normal route of chapter 2:
(The beads of the toy march on.)
But I digress, so back to saves. I think it just goes to show how unlike us, who can have 3 saves and mess around with them through copying, deleting, and overwriting, Kris only has the one SAVE, that's either progressing with each update, or has technically existed all along and each chapter release just allows us to actually influence it.
Speaking of saving though, I don't think I've seen anyone point out that Ralsei actually mentions to SAVE when you first come back to castletown after the cyber world, since at that point you're going to be doing a lot of talking and other stuff.
Ralsei: (SAVE and take a break anytime you want, OK?)
It's a simple reminder most games have if you just went through a lot of dialogue and bosses, and you can't save outside of the dark world, but I don't recall if any other character ever does that, and Deltarune/Undertale generally take these kinds of fourth wall breaks seriously.
Even that floppy disk NPC has no idea what SAVEing actually is.
Hee hee hee... Shall I help you SAVE?
... No, I shan't! I haven't the faintest idea what that is...
62 notes · View notes
Sorry for the doodle-ly drawings, I was not feeling like lining today so you guys get only the sketch
Au description under the cut:
About the main trio:
Danny in normal form is still a Thing(tm). He has giant round eyes, never blinks, has a naturally crooked tail, and barely ever talks. Only stares.
Color palette (other than eyes) flips once Danny goes Phantom mode, like usual. He’s still weird, but is a little more confident, calm, and talks more. Can fly, shoot blasts out of mouth, phase through solids, turn invisible, do cat punches, and scream.
Sam is a white Turkish Angora (along with her mother and father) but, unlike them, wears collars that look like something Scourge from Warrior Cats would wear. (Sam’s mother sports frilly collars in varying shades of pink)
Tucker is a mangy leopard cat with a dark brown/gold coloured pelt. He wears his beret, and is polydactyl (he has thumbs!). This helps him access technology easier and faster. It also makes him look like he does the thumbs-up all the time.
About Danny and his ‘accident’:
Similar to the canon show, the Fenton parents are obsessed with ghosts, just on a less extreme level (They don’t actively hunt them. They just don’t like their vibes. Kinda like when a cats stares into a corner and randomly hisses.)
Danny didn’t ‘go ghost’ because of a portal accident. He was kidnapped, taken to a laboratory, and experimented on. (angst potential)
Something happened and he broke out. No one but Danny knows what it was, but he refuses to even tell his closest friends and family about whatever happened in the lab and what led to its destruction.
Vlad’s case is a separate story. He wasn’t kidnapped, but accidentally came into a slight dose of ectoplasm, which led to him being in a halfa state.
Which is why Danny’s powers are stronger, but we can talk about that later
56 notes · View notes