21- Third Eye
We are the way for the universe to know itself
I’m looking for some book recommendations please. Think along the lines of Harry Potter, but not written by a racist transphobe.
4 youngest vs oldest: on the left the youngest of the group, Vinnesstra, aka Vinny. She is a 14 year old half-elf at the start of the story. The bastard daughter of Empress Danea of Rowiter, she was given to the church at a young age to cover for the affair. She was trained to be a Seeker, a magic wielding agent of the church that seeks out potential Gaurdians( More in a different post lol) This is how she hears about the prophecy and seeks out Andromeda, who is also her half-sister. She is shy and enjoys her alone time, and can be quite irrational(to be expected she is young).
Then the oldest of the group, Levin, a 19 year old Dragon Kind( also for another post) he is stern and responsible, and often doesn’t take time for himself or others. Being a Dragon Kind, he never had a set home, and was often on the move. He eventually joins the Farris Military around the age of 16, to find some purpose, and devotes his life to doing good. Which is why, 3 years later, he joins up with the first attempt at the crusade against Dalowin.
League Of Legends - Morgana
Quarentine blog day 215
Lost in the mists, there is a place
Set far away, from the troubles of the world
An island that can only be found
By those who do not
Search for it.
The fast pace of life, seems so far away
Here where nature holds sway
No sound of machines
No blight of industry
Can be seen or heard
Amongst the forests
And rolling hills
For here does modernity not exist
Here where winter has no power.
But none can deny
The gentle breeze
The sound of birds
And the quiet babble of streams
Does much to ease the mind
And allows the soul
To rest and relax.
And among those seeking solace
In the perpetual spring
Is a king from another age
Who sleeps ever on
Until the day
That his people once more
Need their king.
This is still a WIP, I will openly admit the more I look at it the more I dislike it but I’m learning to accept that little flaws are what make our work unique. Just got to wait for the screws to arrive before I decide on a border or work on the title page.
Candle Colors & Spell Work
- White: Peace, purity, healing, divination. - A white candle can act as a blank slate and be used to substitute any other color candle.
- Black: Protection, uncrossing, warding off negative vibes, hexing, black magick.
- Green: Growth, connection with nature, luck, prosperity, money, success. Green candles represent earth and also the goddess in Wicca practices.
- Blue: Clarity, focus, forgiveness, truth, calm, good fortune, protection. Blue candles represent water.
- Pink: Love, caring, friendship, maturity, affection, communication, passion.
- Red: Strength, survival, career, independence, seduction, passion. Red candles represent fire and also the god in Wiccan practices.
- Orange: Creativity, justice, joy, ambition, opportunity, celebration.
- Purple: Spiritual power, wisdom, breaking habits, psychic abilities, driving away evil.
- Brown: House blessings, communication and healing with pets and animals, stability.
- Yellow: Intelligence, memory, positivity, networking. Yellow candles represent air.
Made these for a winner of my twitter raffle
Day 21: Alchemist
Chemistry is fun, so sad alchemy has no scientific proof of producing such marvelous transmutations. Or maybe she finds the correct method to do so???
Herbs & Their Magickal Powers
(How to use herbs in spell work)
- Mugwort: Clairvoyance, protection, prophetic dreams, purification, ward off evil, astral projection, consecration of divinatory tools.
- Rose Hips: Healing heartbreak, calming anxiety, ritual baths, luck, abundance, protection, psychic powers, peace, knowledge.
- Rose Petals: Attraction, banishing bad habits, love, healing, romance, casting circles, offerings to the divine.
- Chamomile: Prosperity, growth, confidence, money, luck, love, relaxation.
- Myrrh: Meditation, connecting with spirits, healing sorrow, sexuality, cleansing, love.
- Frankincense: Consecration, rituals, purification, luck, spirituality, aura cleansing, divination, visions, meditation.
- Patchouli: Money, fertility, love, list, prosperity, wealth, abundance.
- Bay Leaves: Prophecy, divination, wishes, prosperity, curse reversal, wealth, money.
- Mandrake: Protection, fertility, prosperity, apply to third eye for scrying.
- Lemongrass: Balance, calm, love, uplifted mood, psychic ability
A Hood-Working Charm
One element of the magic worked in the Wending Way, which I decided would be worth sharing here, is what my partner and I call the “Gwarch” (pronounced like Quark, but with a G.)
In Welsh, Gwarch translates as “What encloses or shuts up; a cover or lid.” Derivative words in Welsh include:
- Gwarchad—“A covering over; guarding, securing, or protecting.”
- Gwarchan—“What secures; an irresistible influence; a talisman or enchantment.”
- & Gwarchawdyr—“A warden, conservator, or guard.”
In concept, a Gwarch is very akin to a charm bag and other similar magical devices, with particulars of operation unique to the Hood-Work my partner and I carry out (hood-work being a term that describes the confluence of Pellarcraft and Witchcraft my partner and I engage in; ie a way to describe the magical principles, procedures, and praxis observed in the Wending Way.) They can be used for beneficent and malefic magics alike, though they seem particularly potent when it comes to protective measures and the influencing of emotions.
To elucidate the subject a little better, I thought I would document and explain the creation of a Gwarch meant to promote joy and ease after a period of grieving.
The first step in creating a Gwarch is to obtain the freely given shell of a snail, either terrestrial or aquatic. It must simply be abandoned, found by your own hand, and big enough to suit your purpose.
On a small slip of paper, write out a petition using a Sigil, a composite-sigil, or a concise statement. If you’re using a petition of words instead of sigilry, I would recommend feeding the note your blood to reinforce the potency of your intention. I’m not free to share any details about the specific sigil used here by my partner, but I included a picture of the paper mid-inscription, to give you an idea of the size of paper we used.
After the petition has been completed, fold it tightly into a strip that can be inserted into the opening of the shell, with as little paper as possible sticking out. Next, stuff the remainder of the shell’s interior with herbs, spices, and/or gums appropriate to the context of your charm. For this particular example, the shell was stuffed using a mixture of Rose (for emotional openness,) St. John’s Wort (for joy,) and Chamomile (for soothing.)
Once the shell has been thoroughly packed with paper and plant materia, proceed to physically seal the charm by melting beeswax over the opening, so as to properly secure the contents, while saying
“In the name of the Snail—
Cardinal of Void,
Ruler of Mystery,
and Violet Warden of the Bower—
I ask you to empower and to rattify this charm.
By the Helical Sanctury of your Shell,
So be it.”
When you have finished with the incantation, fumigate the Gwarch with Dragon’s Blood smoke, to metaphysically seal the charm.
Once all this has been done, either give the Gwarch to be carried in the breast pocket of the patient/victim for nine days before burying it on the premises of their home. If you are using the Gwarch surreptitiously, it’s ideal for you to place it somewhere on their property yourself, before returning nine days later and burying it.
So here’s one I’ve had bouncing around in my head for a while.
Takisha is a Taluuri freedom fighter and revolutionary spearhead. Once a soldier in the Taluuri military, she was tortured for deserting a fight once she began questioning the ethics of slaughtering supposedly faceless enemy soldiers, and whether the enemies were all passionately fighting for a cause or just soldiers because they needed the money, like she and many people she knew were.
The brutality of the torture left her with a massive lightning scar on most of her body and a chip on her shoulder about Taluuri governmental conduct (as influenced by increasingly pushy Vitylan “collaboration”
read: playing diplomatic and loaning Taluuh a bunch of cops and soldiers as a way of strongarming them into Vitylan policies i.e. massive institutional oppression and increasing class division as a means to soften Taluuh up enough that Vitylus can plunder their resources and claim their land) so big she basically no longer had a shoulder.
Takisha hides her face under a Taluuri Guardsman’s helmet (Alexa, play Cop Killer by Body Count) to stay anonymous, and goes around clad in blue as a direct opposition to Vitylus’ distinct red iconography. Though her beef is far more with Vitylus, the Taluuri government’s chickenshit approach to dealing with them by basically seeing the size of Vitylus’ army, rolling over and just making sure whatever they’re trying to do happens as slowly as possible doesn’t exactly leave Takisha fond of her own nation’s leadership either. It’s basically impossible to tell which guardsman is local and which is loaned from out west, and it doesn’t much matter anyway when they’re all beating up the same people.
Even if Vitylus were to withdraw tomorrow, Takisha and her comrades would still have a lot of work left to do, and few are deeper into it than her. Some say her head’s too far in the game, leaving her with few genuine friends and fewer hobbies, and on some days she might agree, but someone’s got to do it. If she has to sacrifice a happy, fulfilling life to prevent anyone else from going through what she did and what she knows other are, she’s fine with that. Whether or not that’s healthy… it’s not, but that’s what she’s chosen.
science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness
- Aleister Crowley