(Romantic) Kinderfänger relationship headcanons
With the Kinderfänger series dropping today, I thought I’d post some headcanons!
- Given the Kinderfänger’s deal with children, I feel like he’d go for a partner with a very parental-oriented personality. Someone genuinely warm, kind and concerned for the welfare of others.
- He would observe for a while, watching silently from the shadows. If he can’t get to you, he’ll send one of his thralls to watch you for him. Then, one night, you go to sleep — and you wake up in a dank, dimly-lit sewer with a cloaked figure hovering over you.
- You are the only adult that The Kinderfänger even remotely respects. For this reason, he will keep the utmost tabs on you. He will be very reluctant to let you leave his lair, because he worries you won’t return. Not even his music could describe the elation he feels when you return like you said you would.
- Seeing you smile, hearing you laugh, just seeing you in a good mood makes his cold, dead heart feel as if he weren’t an undead creature of pain and despair. Especially if he is the reason for your good mood — knowing that he’s capable of bringing you happiness soothes his tortured soul.
- His child thralls are deathly protective of you. You are the only one they answer to besides their master. If someone won’t stop causing you trouble, they will take care of it without hesitation.
- He loves to play his flute for you. If you’re feeling down, he’ll play a song to lift your spirits. If you’re angry or upset, he’ll play a song to calm you down. If you’re tired, he’ll lull you and the children to sleep with a soft lullaby.
- He’s not much of a cuddler, but he loves to hold your hand. The children will hug you for him as you leave the lair. But if you really need it, he’ll give you a hug before you drift off to sleep.