"As an actor who has portrayed LGBTQIA+ characters for years, I wanna write something to go with these pictures and celebrate the Pride Month of 2021. 🙋🏻♂️🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️🌈
1. I am glad to be a part of the BL series industry. I personally hope that the increasing number of BL series in the market will in one way or another help people better understand the nature of same-sax relationships so that one day everyone will finally perceive them as normal (because THEY ARE!) although some of the plots may turn out weird or surreal. I would also like to see underrepresented LGBTQIA relationships, such as an asexual couple, being portrayed more on screen.
2. Let's have NO TOLERANCE for discrimination and sexual harassment of all forms. If you witness any individual suffering from or attacked in a hate crime driven by racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia, do shout out, protect them, and speak up for them.
3. Coming out is a deeply personal matter. No one deserves to be outed. It’s their right to choose whether or not to do it, and where, when, and to whom to do it.
4. If there are channels or platforms where you support marriage equality, please USE YOUR VOICE! Everyone should have the right to marry regardless of their sex.
5. Believe in YOURSELF. There’s no better you than you! YOU MATTER! 💜💙💚💛🧡❤
What friendships of bl couples do you like best? or do you really believe they're just colleagues?
I do believe there are a lot of BL couples who have a lot of mutual respect for each other and are friends.
The ones that come to my mind (of the shows I watch) are:
1. Billkin and PP
For me THE friendship in the BL world, mainly because it existed way before they ever stared together in any show and they were already as close, if not closer, then. I believe even if they never play anything together ever again, they'd still remain very close.
2. Max and Tul
They became close because of their roles and support each other no matter what. I enjoy their vision of being old men, visiting each other for tea with their families. Tul supporting Max and his girlfriend is a huge thing for a shipper BL couple and I LOVE that they did that. Maturity here we come, dear fans.
3.Earth and Mix
They've known each other forever and lost contact for a while. Since shooting their first series together, they've become very close and look out for each other. I think the fact that Earth was the one who brought Mix up for the role, knowing what would await them (the fanservice, being together all the time, the skinship etc), helped a lot, because he could pick someone fitting the role and also someone he gets along with.
4. Jake Hsu and Chris Wu
They are not that close that they see each other all the time, but they appreciate each other and are genuinely happy whenever they get to see each other or work together. I enjoy their interviews together because there is no awkward fanservice, and simply just two grown men being colleagues and buddies. It's so nice. Even after years since working together they still comment on each other's posts, want to work together and are happy running into each other. I hope we get to see them working together again.
5. Ohm and Nanon
They haven't been shipped together for too long, but they've known each other for a while. Especially for Ohm their friendship seems to have become a lot closer and they seem to communicate well in their own way.
I bet there are many more, but these are the ones I could think of.