@mdzsnet — lan wangji birthday event
“I dare ask you, Grand Master. Who is right, who is wrong? What is black, what is white?”
@mdzsnet lan wangji birthday event - happy birthday hanguang-jun!
— Unfinished poem, V.W.
for @mdzsnet ‘s birthday event.
[ID: eight stills from various episodes of the series “The Untamed”, centered on Lan Wangji after the time skip.
1. Wangji looking at Wei Wuxian in wonder, right after he bumps into his shoulder while luring Wen Ning away. Overlaid text reads “I saw you standing there and”.
2. Wangji from the chest up, standing in the Cold Springs and turned slightly to his left, looking up at Wei Wuxian in surprise. A second image of him with the same posture but slightly transparent stands right behind him, looking down to his own chest. Overlaid text reads, “my heart beat so loudly, I wondered if you could hear it.”
3. A closeup of Wangji’s face as Wei Wuxian lays him down at the inn, his hand suspended right next to Wangji’s face, as if holding him. Overlaid text reads, “Your touch felt like a rebirth,”.
4. Wangji staring at Wei Wuxian during the Koi Tower confrontation. He looks at Wei Wuxian with fondness, his mouth parted as he’s about to speak. Overlaid text reads “and my heart sung out: ”.
5. A closeup shot of Wangji’s face after he appears at the Jingshi’s entrance with bottles of alcohol. He looks ahead at Wei Wuxian with fondness, a small but clear smile on his face. Overlaid text reads “It’s you, “.
6. A closeup of Wangji’s face as he stares at Wei Wuxian while he holds a bunny and talks to it in a childish tone. Overlaid text reads “it’s you,” in a slightly bigger font.
7. A closeup of Wangji’s face after he parts ways with Wei Wuxian on the mountain. He stands still and looks ahead with his brows slightly furrowed, a pensive expression on his face. Overlaid text reads “it’s you.” in a bigger font size than the previous text.
8. A cropped shot of Wei Wuxian’s face as he stands on the cliff near Cloud Recesses, mid-movement as he lowers his flute. He looks surprised but hopeful. Overlaid text reads “I’m home”. /end ID.]
I don’t have to tell you I love you - I feed you pancakes bring you alcohol.
Happy Birthday Lan Zhan, best husband, father, rule-breaker, alcohol-pourer!
For the @mdzsnet Birthday event. Of course inspired by the legendary tags of This - just very obsessed with the way he pours a drink.
for the one I love
For @mdzsnet Lan Wangji Birthday Event. [23.01.2022]
For @mdzsnet's Lan Wangji Birthday Event
Nie Huaisang wasn’t a bad person, and it wasn’t that he wasn’t smart — he just had zero inclination to apply himself academically. All of his smarts were spent elsewhere: in painting fans, catching feathered friends, skipping class, and loafing around. || MDZS, official English translation, chapter 5.
[id: four gifs of nie huaisang from various episodes of the untamed. he’s holding his paper fan, unfolded in front of him, in each gif. a faint outline of another fan patterned with flowers sits in the center, divided in four parts that tie the gifs together. end id.]
“But with Wangji’s personality, how could he say anything if you do not ask? There are some things, even if you ask him, he would not say.”
— 魔道祖师 第64章
January 23: Lan Wangji’s Birthday Event for @mdzsnet
For the Challenge: Tranquil/Quotes on silence
from wei ying to yiling laozu real quick ft. lwj's reaction cause it's too good to ignore
@mdzsnet Lan Wangji Birthday Event; Challenge 1: Colour Palettes
The newcomer was cloaked in soft, white moonlight. he carried a seven-string guqin on his back. The body of the instrument was narrower than the standard and ebony-black in color, but soft in the luster of its wood. A cloud-patterned ribbon was fastened around the man’s forehead. The man was exceptional in both looks and elegance: His skin was fair and his features were as refined as smoothed jade. The color of his eyes was abnormally light, almost like colored glaze, and it made his gaze appear overly cold. There was a frostiness to his expression which was stern enough to appear stiff. Even when he saw Wei Wuxian’s currently ridiculous-looking face, he appeared unperturbed.
- Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, Mo Dao Zu Shi, “III. The Prideful”
[ID: An edit for Lan Wangji from Mo Dao Zu Shi. It consists of four pictures and uses a colour palette consisting of two shades of blue and white each and one shade of red.
Image 1: The official art version of Lan Wangji, playing his Guqin. He stands before a dark bliue and red oval, which frames his head/upper body. The text here reads “Lan Wangji”, and the chinese characters of that name, “ 蓝忘机“
Image 2 and 3: These two each contain three screenshots of Lan Wangji as seen in the MDZS donghua. They are coloured to fit the palette of the edit (one blue, one creme, one red)
Image 4: This is similar in layout to Image one. Lan Wangji’s donghua appearance stands in front of an oval, also containing a circle of beams here. The text reads “Lan Zhan” and the according chinese characters, “ 蓝湛 “
「01.23」 Happy Birthday Hanguang-jun ☆
For @mdzsnet Lan Wangji bday event.
“Happy Birthday, my Lan Zhan.”
Palette by @mdzsnet
ID: Lan Wangji’s head and shoulders. His face is tilted up, cupped but Wei Wuxian’s hand. His eyes are closed and he wears a peaceful expression. Wei Wuxian’s wrist has the Lan Clan ribbon wrapped around it. ED.
Fandom: 魔道祖师 - 墨香铜臭 | Módào Zǔshī - Mòxiāng Tóngxiù, 陈情令 | The Untamed (TV)
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Jiāng Chéng | Jiāng Wǎnyín & Original Character(s), Jiāng Chéng | Jiāng Wǎnyín & Jiāng Fēngmián
Characters: Jiāng Chéng | Jiāng Wǎnyín, Original Non-Human Character(s), Wēn Cháo (Módào Zǔshī), Jiāng Fēngmián
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Fix-It of Sorts, River Spirits
There are things in his life Jiang Cheng doesn't question until much, much later.
Things like how he'd learned the art of moving through the water quickly and silently, much faster than his shidis and some of his shixiongs (and more gracefully than the flailing mess Wei Wuxian had been at the same age). Things like how, despite her history of poor health, A-Jie could hold her breath for longer than Jiang Cheng thought could ever be possible. Things like how, when Jiang Cheng had cut himself on a sharp shore rock chasing after Wei Wuxian, he'd gone to the river to wash the blood off, and by the time the wound was dry it was nothing more than a pink, closed line.
The Jiang are part river spirit. It's high time Jiang Cheng learned.
let him be mine
gift for the lovely @jingyismom <3