i showed my mom pictures of some current F1 drivers and told her to guess their names. Here are the results.
(ps, she’s not even hispanic or anything and i don’t know why she started saying spanish names)
1) Louis Hamilton (yes, she pronounced his name in french)
2) Antonio Bendines (???!??!!!???)
3) Carl Junior (she said he looks like a kid lmao)
4) John Cena (i died)
5)Florence Martin (😭😭😭she said he looks french and he should have a french name. i wanted to tell her don’t mistake a Monégasque for a French but she knows my favorite is from Monaco so she would’ve guessed him)
6)George (…okay, a decent name at least/she also stared for a while)
7) Ferrari Mercedes (i asked her about him lastly and she indeed gave up at the time)
8) Mike Schumacher (she knows he’s Michael’s son but she doesn’t know his name, close one though)
9)Hanna(she knows Seb…idk why she didn’t recognize him. guess should’ve shown her a pic of him in a ferrari suit)
10) Elfredo Gonzalez (😭😭😭😭😭😭😭WHAT’S WITH THE SPANISH NAMES😭)
INDIANAPOLIS, 2002 — Michael Schumacher checks his lap times during the first practice for the US Formula One Grand Prix and sees something he doesn’t like. (Photos by Mark Thompson/Getty Images & Sutton Images)
When Corinna talked about sitting on the toilet for hours on end when she couldn’t sleep at night so that Michael could be well rested for a race, and how in return Michael tried so hard to not make noise and wake her when he was home so she could sleep longer, only softly kissing her arm and whispering goodbye before he left… maybe love does exist.