A Miraculous Ladybug/Spider-Girl Crossover brainstorming
1) Felicia and Felicity canonically lived in France before moving back to the states, so here’s a pretext of sorts: Mayday’s family is invited by Felicity’s to a (awkward) vacation to Paris, maybe also as reason to scout out the possibility to open a Ladybug Shoppe for Mary Jane.
2) Ladybug and Chat Noir, while cultural icons in France, are almost unknown abroad, so Peter doesn’t know how young they are or the scope of the situation until a giant kaiju clown monster starts trashing around the streets and sees the wrong teen superhero going after it, followed shortly behind by his daughter.
3) This is a somehow older and experienced Spider-Girl meeting “just 6 months on the job 15 years olds Ladybug and Chat Noir” that reminds Mayday just how young she used to be so now here she is having to mentor them “against her will.”
4) Gratuitous fight scene between Ladybug and Chat Noir vs Spider-Girl over a misunderstanding because this is Spider-Girl so of course this happens.
5) Alya is starry eyed over the possibility of a american hero showing up of course and ready to release a interview untill she finds out is a “small fry” like Spider-Girl rather than someone cooler like American Dream or Franklin Richards. At least it’s not Mainframe.
6) Marinette is stressed because 1) No one tells her how to do her damn job 2) fuck what if other american heroes also come that’d put everyone in Jeopardy what if one of them reveals to be some kind of evil fascist again? 3) No one tells her how to do her DAMN job.
7) Both Peter and Mayday are canonically awful detectives but Mary Jane isn’t and Felicia literally makes a living over it so Mary Jane just needs to meet Gabriel, once, one fashion Mogul to another during some fancy meeting, to know that something is up because she has enough experience with that kind of shit in her life to understand when someone is a supervillain at this point, so we have that line of inquiry.
8) Chat Noir is a Black Cat fan but not for the reason you might think of, he just really likes the cat motif and also the allegory for freedom she rapresents.
9) I’m stretching it a bit here but Felicia and Adrien’s mother and aunt used to be friends too back in the days so we also have that angle in conjunction with Mary Jane’s own suspicions. Are they exes? Eh, maybe, not like they’d get together if Emile wakes up Felicia is happily dating another woman at the moment after all.
10) Mayday (Civilian) and Felicity also get a miraculous. Again, Adrien meets Felicia due to his mother’s connection to her, so he meets her Family, which means Felicity, who then lets him meet Mayday’s family. One trip to his favorite bakery with the newcomers seals the deal.
11) I usually joke about Adrien embodeing all 3 of Peter’s most famous love interests in both aesthetic, familial history, personality and cat themed persona so we have a dash of that.
12) Marinette discovers she’s also a mutant and gets outed as one during gym class and the Uncanny X-People try to recruit her into it because of course they do. Adrien and her friends and family are very supportive of her but anti mutant sentiment is kinda bad even in france and all of this only dredges up bad memories for Mayday about that one time her own friend (another asian girl too) got outed as a Mutant and had hate crimes committed upon so here we have Marinette having to juggle her dual identity as both a mutant civilian and a magically powered superheroine.
Can’t think of much else.