2K notes · View notes
What a marvelous feeling it would be, if we could say exactly how we felt. What a monumental victory. What a terrifying thought.
329 notes · View notes
“It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” ― Thomas Moore, Care of the Soul: A Guide for Cultivating Depth and Sacredness in Everyday Life
207 notes · View notes
Persian shield dating back to 1760 CE. The shield is made with bronze and silver, brass, and enamel inlay. Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, TX.
Photo by Babylon Chronicle
186 notes · View notes
Dark academia things to do
• collect pressed flowers in the pockets of an old worn down coat
• text your friends in the middle of the night with quotes from your favourite books/poems in the middle of the night
• have an art Instagram with black and white drawings/photos
• tell yourself to go to bed early and then spend all night reading/stargazing/listening to the rain
• play chess when it’s too cold to go outside
• don’t talk very much instead listen others and notice small patterns in their behaviour
• solve ciphers on scrap pieces of paper
• listen to classical music while doing school work
• write notes on your arms in black ink and get frustrated when they start to fade and you can no longer read what you they say
• go to an old bookstore so often that they know you by name
• go for walks in the evening after a thunder storm
148 notes · View notes
Giuditta and Oloferne - 1598 - Caravaggio
74 notes · View notes
I know we aren't meant to be, but maybe just maybe could you just say that you wanna stay no matter the duration..
78 notes · View notes
there's this girl.... but at the same time there's nothing idk what to do,,, she's so pretty and when i'm around her i loose words which is so hard bc it looks like i have nothing to say when all i want to say is how beautiful she looks,, she keeps calling me bro and dude idk .... maybe i won't ruin this, i'm kinda glad to be in her life or is very overwhelming but i like her as a person so much she's so fun i haven't been able to relate to someone in such a long time :( i don't wanna fuck it up but i just know i will
88 notes · View notes
International Center of Photography, Peter Beard Opening, 1977. Larry Fink. Silver print
58 notes · View notes
Piano rolls kept in the sound library of the Museum of Music (Museu de la Música) in Barcelona, Catalonia.
The Museum’s sound library conserves a set of 13,000 sound recordings in different media: wax cylinders, piano rolls, perforated tapes, magnetic tapes... from the last three hundred years.
Photo by Sguastevi for Wikimedia.
65 notes · View notes
Musings of a Museum Professional.
#56. I work in a house museum with a huge collection(for a house museum). And a large part of that collection is made up of items related to Napoleon or from the Napoleonic era. As long as I work at this museum, I’m going to do my damnedest to eradicate this misconception that Napoleon was short.
I’m very tired of short jokes.
32 notes · View notes
Wiesław Chrzanowski (20 Dec 1923 29 Apr 2012), of the Polish Home Army's "Anna" Company of the "Gustaw" Battalion, photographed on the balcony of a townhouse in September 1944
24 notes · View notes
45 notes · View notes
‘germanic warrior with helmet’ - osmar schindler (1902)
53K notes · View notes
1. Mary Oliver | 2. Katherine Mansfield
13K notes · View notes
The Wave, Christopher Richard Wynne Nevinson, 1917.
9K notes · View notes