Anyone who knows me knows that I will never have kids. I work with them a lot and I love them… just not 24/7. I could never hahaha I would be miserable, and I’m thankful that I know that about myself. (Sns.) That being said, I love childfree Reddit (sns) and I saw this post that reminded me so much of Lucas. For him, the benefits come nowhere near outweighing the costs.
His main reasons for not wanting kids:
- He’s terrified of “messing up” a kid
- He’s upset just thinking about not having time for himself
- He can’t imagine working himself to the point of exhaustion and then coming home to a little kid
- He hasn’t had the desire to be a dad since he feels like all of his energy goes into the boys at peace and purpose
- He can’t imagine being good at his job and being a good dad, and he’s not willing to lessen his time at work
This post explains the last main reason -