“They used to say I’d never make it and that’s the reason that I will.”
- Jake Miller, Number One Rule
I will admit that I’ve been thoroughly on the fence about Strange New Worlds, but I have worked out the One Thing* that would make me excited about the show and I can’t stop giggling to myself:
Rebecca Romijn also plays Nurse Chapel (when did she join the Enterprise? Whatever. Canon is in the eye of the beholder) in a big blonde wig. It is never remarked upon or explained, but every now and again it’s just Rebecca Romijn in two different wigs talking to herself. Possibly she also voices the computer. The whole ship is basically just the Rebecca Romijn Show and everyone takes it in their stride, except for the Alien of the Week, who is SO CONFUSED.
*Disclaimer: not actually the One Thing
While I had no problem with Nurse Chapel from Star Trek in the original series, I absolutely loved Barret as Number One from the original pilot and she would have been an amazing character.
Please be to imply that they’re twins please be to imply that they’re twins please be-
Discovery but they look like this part 2
reginald hargreeves be like “i know a place” and then sends you to the moon
So as far as I know there is a legacy on Lorien with which you can revive dead people..
I kinda hope One, Two, Three, Eight and Five come back :(
Also idk if Five is really dead, it was never mentioned if the garde got a scar soooo you never know
The Moon is a metaphor for the Academy
3 am thought, but hear me out.
The moon is a metaphor for the Academy/Reginald.
The show starts with the Moon, and the Academy, and ends with the destruction of the Moon and the Academy.
The two characters who spend the most time with Reginald are Luther and Vanya, characters who I have previously pointed out are mirrors of each other. They both also have the most significant interaction with the Moon.
Luther felt he had a duty on the moon. He felt he had a duty to their father, to the academy. His world revolved around going up into space, and his world revolved around the academy.
He was the only person on the Moon. He was the only person left at the Academy. The only one who still believed in their father.
He latches onto the idea that Reginald’s death had significance, and, albeit less, that the moon in involved with the apocalypse.
Then Luther learned his years of isolation were a waste.
The Moon made him lonely and sad, but when the world turned to white glass up there, it made it better. And that’s who Hargreeves was Luther.
But the Moon mission was all for nothing. Representing a lifetime of pain that was…. Meaningless. His desperation for Reginald’s love, staying in the academy alone, was all for nothing.
He had nothing on the Moon, and he had nothing with Reginald.
And in his final moments, Luther accepts the Moon leading to his downfall. As long as his family is with him. And he did want was his family back in the academy. He can deal with their father with his family.
Vanya, in her pain, destroyed all her ties to the Umbrella Academy and Reginald. She’s spent her life following him, and now, without her pills, without him, 25 years of pain, unmatured, untamed emotions come back up.
She destroyed the Academy, and tried to destroy everything that remained of her father.
Then she detsroyed the Moon. The Moon that represented loneliness, isolation, a prison for another failed experiment of Reginald’s. It was like the destruction of the academy again, and of Reginald.
Reginald’s actions, the academy, are the reason the world ended.
She wants to be your number one choice but you still pick her last.
- They all decide that they might as well stick together in the mansion rather than on their own
- Most of them change their mind after a week
- Allison buys a bunch of cute patterned masks for everyone
- Klaus tries to knit some for everyone but he’s not the best and masks with that many large gaps would be kind of inefficient
- Ben both lectures everyone on protecting themselves and others by staying inside and then goes and bothers Klaus about going out as long as it’s someplace not too crowded
- Five and Diego will not stay inside no matter what
- Luther is one of those people that wears a mask but takes it off when talking to people
- Vanya and Allison try to come up with ideas of what to do so everyone’s not bored out of their mind
- Monopoly was not a good idea
- Klaus likes sliding down the stairs on a mattress
- Whenever they go to the store they bring the whole crew because “Come on Luther, we haven’t had any good snacks for two weeks!”
- Luther tries to sneak out and go to the store on his own in order to get more healthy food like apples
- Klaus almost always catches him and goes along to make sure he gets Cheetos and Scooby-Doo gummies and stuff like that
- Luther, Allison, and Vanya are the only ones with healthy eating habits
- Diego once cracked a raw egg into his mouth so you know when this boy is hungry he just finds whatever is closest and puts very little time and effort into anything he eats
- Klaus and Five will both forget to eat until Grace or Pogo reminds them and then it’s rare that they eat and actual meal
- Ben doesn’t eat since he’s a ghost but when he was alive he ate like everything was his last meal
- He and Five always ate things with high calories because both of their powers used a lot of energy
- Grace and Pogo are both fine in quarantine since they were confined to the house when Reggie was alive but it’s a bit difficult to try and get the kids to try and not be as chaotic as possible
- It is hard to try and get everyone together for a meal, or make sure everyone is inside the house at night, or make sure that they are sleeping and not dead
- Klaus summons a different ghost each day to try and learn something new like Spanish, or calligraphy, or sewing, but he usually loses his focus after one afternoon
- He does get into photography, and uses a big, old-fashioned camera to take pictures of his siblings at unflattering moments
- They have a chart that says how many time one of them almost killed another
- Luther: 4
- Diego: 17
- Allison: 6
- Klaus: 11
- Five: 49
- Ben: 2
- Vanya: 4