THE MUCH COOLER MEGATRON!!! He’s big, murderous, and PURPLE—he’s meeting all of my standards oh no
okay so nah this is not Megatron, but close enough though this guy shares the same spark!! I absolutely LOVE the headcanon that Megazarak, the exiled ex leader of the Decepticons before Megatron seized the title, was has spark-split twin brother >:3 now I’ve already adopted this relationship into my c&m AU but now I think I’d like it to be official within my others as well—which calls for an actual design of the big bad boy!!
Our Megatron has proven to be an impressive tyrannical warmonger, however he did not have the ambition nor aggression to all out destroy Cybertron in his conquest for control.
With reformed faction upon reformed faction, upon movement to uprising to downfall and back again—Megazarak knew that there would truly be no hope for their race’s future, nor warmth in their husk of a world until he watched it burn.
I can only imagine what lengths Megazarak just about went to before Megatron salvaged and rallied their newly formed faction. To exile— but not execute his overthrown leader at the cusp of The Great War ?? Broken down, then hastily pulled back together for the sake of his Cause, by the sibling he once admired bound by far more than just blood. Through all the betrayal and fear, Megatron could not bring himself to kill his brother no matter how much he wanted to.
On the day they parted, both found their true definitions of loyalty.
The family DRAMATICS oh the POTENTIAL!!!!see Megazarak is just too good of a vague background character to not use and abuse as the ultimate plot device >:3
431 notes · View notes
Hello! It’s me, your local “person who doesn’t really care about Watchers” here to absolutely McFreaking LOSE IT over all the parts of Martyn’s episode that I haven’t seen anyone talk about yet because we’re all so focused on the Sees Stuff Gang
Yeah. This is getting long enough to need a cut. That was one hell of an episode I am so hyped right now
Ok so first of all, before any of the lore stuff even STARTED:
- THIS MAN IS A MASTER OF EDITING. LOOK. The difference between the first and second half of that video? STUNNING. The tone shift is so complete, and yet it doesn’t feel jarring at all, just the exact right amount of sinking terror as things start to pick up for real. You can feel it starting as soon as he and Pearl get split up from the group and chased. He doesn’t use any background music (iirc) until That Exact Moment, and when Pearl dies the shift is so terrifyingly tangible. And the music continues, as the panic continues, until my absolute favourite part: his last stand on Scar Mountain. Guys. GUYS. He synced the music so the heaviest beat fell when the first arrow hit him. That is a move I love so much in editing, that combined with the knockback made me almost physically feel that hit, it was so good major props to Martyn on the editing oh my goodness
- Meanwhile, in-setting: that was such a stressful final few minutes. The slow decay into terror and paranoia, the almost constant shifting just to avoid being spotted, the way that every time he turned a corner he saw another red...the vibes of that entire sequence were pure gold, absolutely on the edge of my seat
- He was planning on blowing himself up with that trap in the Southlands. He was still setting it when Joel arrived so he didn’t get the chance to finish it, but from the sounds of it he wasn’t planning on being clear of the blast when it went off...he chose the Southlands for his final stand...and if he had finished it a split second later, the person he would have taken out with that massive TnT trap would have been Joel...the poetry in that I am losing my mind
- His entire last stand on Scar Mountain. That’s it that’s all I am going to need to rewatch that, the way he just drew his line in the sand and flagged down the reds with all the lava, the combined panic and grim determination of not going down without a fight...
- HIS DEATH. Can you have a more dramatic death. He fell SO FAR, even in just Minecraft I could feel the cinematic glory of it all, he fell so far and into the lava he placed and I can’t even begin to imagine how cool that would look in art that is a death fitting of the final yellow name for SURE
AND THEN THE LORE STARTS.
- His ACTING. This man can act fear. It stood out to me in his session 8 intro too, with the panicky run through the forest, and now again in the black void after he died - his breathing - he sounded like he was on the verge of tears, he sounded so worn out - I will be thinking about this for the rest of the day, he just had so much to deal with for so long there at the end...
- And him begging for just a moment to collect himself...he’s been harried by these voices since day 1, even longer if you count 3rd Life, he’s been fighting on fronts that the others don’t even know about for longer than they could ever realize, that must have worn on him so much...
- You know, I always sort of got the feeling that Martyn only stuck around with the Southlands for the laughs or for safety in numbers, but...it was them he wanted a safe place for in the afterlife. It was them he was angry for when that turned out to be a trick. Not the shadow alliance, not even Ren, just the Southlanders...whether he was always that attached or he didn’t plan on bonding so much with them, his fall into delusion after session 7 and this ending just...it just makes my heart hurt for their friendship and what it turned into in the best way...
- “Then explain it to me! Just explain it to me...” “No.” I am breaking. This. This did me in. Martyn has been asked to blindly obey from day one, with the end point and the means and the motivations all hidden from him, given only an instruction and punishment for questioning or failure...and he did the best he could, he did everything within his power, the entire time, and he still ended up gasping in some forsaken void at the end of time and space with the only thing left to just beg for an answer, anything, any reason at all for why this or why him or why any of that pain was necessary... and he is given NOTHING. The powers that be DON’T. CARE. He is only a tool. That’s all he ever was. He must have felt lucky, to be let in on the master operation, to have access to this little secret voice that told him things that nobody else knew, but in the end he never had a single bit of power or autonomy and now they bar him from even knowing why.... I am in shambles there are so many great themes here Martyn Inthelittlewood Lastlife who gave you permission to be this dramatic this effectively -
In conclusion: I think I’m going to go watch it again
262 notes · View notes