Looking for a pen pal
Hello my name is Rae, I am a 19 year old university student studying philosophy in the UK and would love to pen pal with another student interested in dark academia/ philosophy, perhaps an American student? If you would be interested and think we would get along well then please message me! X
- You must be within the ages of 17-25 (for safety and maturity reasons ) and preferably a university student
- I absolutely love Halloween and Autumn - there is always a magical feel in the air around this time of the year 🍂🎃
- I am queer so if you’re also LGBT+ that would be good.
- I would love to publish a book one day, not sure what it would be about though ahaha
- my dream job would be a professor of philosophy and to lecture and research at a university.
- I love drinking with my friends at the pub, and prefer it over clubbing, although a house party wins by miles.
- my favourite colour is orange
- I used to be a girl guide until I was 18 and would love to volunteer at a unit in another country in the future.
- I want to travel the world, I especially want to visit Italy, Berlin, Iceland and America.
- I am a feminist, vegan, pro choice and support the labour and Green Political parties.
- my drink of choice is spiced rum and Diet Coke
- I’m really friendly and love talking to new people so please message me so I can get to know you!
2020.04.21 — since we can’t go to cafés anymore, homemade matcha lattés are my new morning vibe, featuring the morning paper (I may be a Canadian, but I love the quality of journalism in the NYT!).
2020.04.17 — studying at home rotates between my cozy armchair and my standing desk, featuring strawberry cheesecake häagen-dazs because stress causes under-eating for me, and my dietitian recommends ice-cream for that! <3
Day 13/? of My2020Decameron
The morning was tiring, spent between some boring Chemistry class and a much more interesting Philosophy lesson on Schopenhauer. Hours of conversation filled my early afternoon, while some time was spent translating some Greek verses.
You may think that being a business major is more useful and practical in your future but I am having existential crisis anyway so I might as well make diploma from it in philosophy
| 16-03-2020 // 12:41 p.m |
this morning’s sunrise + study space 🧡
hope you’re all keeping well during this pandemic!! remember to self-care and stay as productive as possible within your home ✨
if i have to read one (1) more essay about the knowledge argument i am literally going to straight up murder mary as soon as she leaves her room. that’ll teach her what seeing fucking red is like.
Not my usual theme but thought y’all should know that this is how it feels being a philosophy major.
I’m just procrastinating let’s be honest.
a sunset from my university rooftop! It was a(nother) much needed self-care day.
Today I found out my favourite philosophy lecturer is moving to teach at Stanford next sem :( I was going to take his course next sem as well! You Stanford students better appreciate him!!!
feeling like spring today in Vancouver, but I spent most of it inside chipping away at term papers! Can’t wait for the semester break to really go out and enjoy the sunshine 💕
Sooo, it’s 01:11am and I’m reading the Apology of Socrates by Plato and taking messy notes
morning coffee and evening cocoa framing a long day of meetings, lectures and deadlines
Hi, yes, sorry but, can we get over fucking Descartes? Thanks.
Currently drinking some tea after doing everything I needed to do today EXCEPT for reading Hegel. I don’t want to read Hegel, so here I am, drinking some tea.
So happy I’ve finished my second year of uni with a 2.1🎉