She picked up the bread roll and gestured with it like it was an action figure.
“Like Mr. Bread! He’s uh…late for work! Let him board so he can get to his super boring meetings on time!”
Akari held the bread out to Ingo, who looked at it, then her, with an unconvinced expression. Her efforts to use train terms were commendable, at least; coming from a time where they were familiar, she was the only one who seemed to use the terms correctly.
Illustration for chapter 2 of my fic, Heart Full, Bowl Empty
Very very dumb Pokémon Arceus idea also based on the Akari being a copy of Dawn made by Arceus
Palkia:I can’t believe you just made another person as a copy of another
Dialga*Pointing at Akari having an existential crisis*:Look at what you did to the poor kid
Palkia: I mean for your sake did you just randomly create anymore humans?
Arceus*Awkwardly glances at Ingo*...
Dialga:He fucking did
Arceus:I NEEDED TO PRACTICE
Just Arceus randomly copying a baby as practice and then kind of forgetting and leaving the copy there... Emmet and Ingo’s parents were very confused when they saw 2 identical babies but just rolled with it
Drayden: Where is my new Nephew....s?
Dreyden:...I...I thought you only had one baby?
Ingo/Emmets parents: Yeah so did we
Arceus eventually remembers and pulls Ingo back in time in an attempt to awkwardly sweep that under the rug... he is forced to sit in the time out corner of the universe by Palkia and Dialga while they sort this shit out and get Ingo and Akari back to the right time.
Warden Ingo, hearing subway announcements in the distance: Hmm? That sounds familiar, yet I somehow feel like I should not be hearing such things out in the wilderness. I wonder what is making such noise -
(loud, earthshaking footfalls echo throughout the area as the Siren Head stalks closer, around the mountain and into Ingo's field of vision, peering down menacingly and bellowing a horrible mix between a train horn and a tornado siren)
Do you think the Pearl and Diamond clans have a prayer that they say before eating? Like, "Almighty Sinnoh, thank you for giving us this space in which to share food with one another and the space to gather such food," or "Almighty Sinnoh, thank you for giving us the time to sit and eat together and the time to spend gathering our food."
Do you think that after Ingo gets back to Unova, he still prays? Like, Emmet is just about to eat, when suddenly Ingo has his hands together and he just says this quick prayer to the Almighty Sinnoh that's become ingrained in his life now, and then he eats and Emmet is just like, "What was that? I didn't know you were religious."
- bending in the pokemon world! and yes I copied the chinese (?) on the waterbending scroll. I barely know the language.
-I hc the entire volo/cogita line as being professional shit stirrers, yes I imagine cogita back in the day seeking knowledge with malicious intent. like how did she know all that without a goal in mind, suspicious.
-anyone can learn bending but pokemon have to be the one to teach you so only really the wardens and a few others are competent benders like Zisu
- Azeru tends to use her bending more for recreation ie dancing as that's how Lady Lilligant taught her. Melli just focuses on redirecting Lord Electrodes lightning, this means he's far better at lighning bending than fire bending.
- While any pokemon can teach bending the average one has difficulty communicating the ideas in a human friendly way. also some just don't want to teach that sort of thing ie Legendaires
- In this au there's more types of bending to fit the amount of pokemon types however most only really specialise in one and its super rare for anyone to be proficient just because it takes so long to learn how each pokemon communicates using only its body language and then applying it to yourself would be insanely difficult.
- Also a single pokemon only knows so many moves so to be proficient in one type of bending would be so hard.
- Legendaries become more sought out because of their unique moves they can teach, uh oh. (spacial rend, etc.)
- Those who are comfortable around pokemon would have a huge advantage in how good they are at bending (Akari/ Ingo)