Fun exercise: If you deprive "blaze it" of its association with weed day, this looks more like intent to burn down a house down. Or to burn Homestuck down. Or both those things
I've seen people point at the literal hole in Z's story manifesto as a joke about her lying to Abby, but I wonder if that implies the officer who put the hole in her writing becomes an emissary of reality... or of canon, rather, to rob the term of totalizing authority and situate the police conflict alongside Z and Abby's status as fanfic writers. Hostility towards official accounts of worlds, overtaking it with your own... or something like that.
22 notes · View notes
Cursed Horror Movie Sets
I wanted to compile a list of Horror Movie Sets that had creepy incidents occur both during/post filming.
1) The Omen (1976): Probably the most infamous set on this list. There is a lot of tragedy and death surrounding this movie. Gregory Peck (lead actor) and Mace Neufeld (exec producer) both had their planes struck by lighting on different days. Harvery Bernhard (producer) was actually struck by lightning while filming in rome. A plane that was chartered by the film, but switched at the last minute, went down shortly after takeoff, killing everyone on board (a total of 11 ppl).
Special effects artist John Richardson, who helped with the film's infamous decapitation scene, was in a car crash during post-production. While Richardson survived the Friday the 13th crash, the head-on collision beheaded Richardson's passenger, assistant Liz Moore, in a manner that was eerily similar to the death scene he helped shoot. Richardson reportedly saw a road sign near the accident scene showing the distance to a Dutch town that read: Ommen, 66.6 km.
2) Psycho (1960): A handyman named Kenneth Dean Hunt, who was working on the film, murdered Myra Jones (an uncredited body double for lead actress Janet Leigh). Myra Jones was 71 when she was strangled by Kenneth in 1988. Kenneth wasn’t caught until 10 yrs after he murdered Myra and in between that period of time, he murdered two additional people.
3) Poltergeist (1 and 2): Heather O'Rourke (Carol Anne the little girl) died at 12 yrs old due to a cardiac arrest. Dominique Dunne, 22, who played the eldest daughter Dana, was strangled to death by her boyfriend. They are both buried in the same cemetery in CA. The cast and crew were so creeped out by this that they thought the set was plagued by evil and had the set of Poltergeist 2 exorcised. Julian Beck (played the evil preacher) died during post production of Poltergeist 2, Lou Perryman (played a construction worker) was axed to death in his home, and Will Samson (played Taylor the medicine man on P2) died of kidney failure. Many attribute these tragedies to using real corpses during the “flooded pool” scene.
4) The Exorcist (1973) : A total of 9 deaths are connected to the film. While on set, Ellen Burstyn (she played the mother) suffered a permanent spinal injury during a stunt gone wrong while shooting a scene where Regan throws her from the bed (her real scream of pain is used in the film). Actors Jack MacGowran, and Vasiliki Maliaros both died while the film was in post-production (both their characters died in film too). When the movie first hit theaters, several audience members had heart attacks. A priest was actually called on set to preform a real life exorcism.
5) The Conjuring (2013): This movie is based on the events experienced by the Perron family who actually were on set a few times. Once while on set, a strong wind came up and seemed to swirl around them. Members of crew standing nearby noticed that the trees just opposite them were not moving. The cast and crew’s hotel caught fire and they had to evacuate. Vera Farmiga (lead actress) would find claw marks on her laptop screen and even had claw marks on her thigh after filming concluded.
A lot of these, of course, can be attributed to coincidence but I find the connections interesting.
913 notes · View notes