S05E05 Clip 5 - Wednesday May 19, 13:23
M: Is everything all right? Really?
M: I miss you a little bit.
Y: But I’m here.
M: I don’t know. It doesn’t feel like you’re present.
M: Should I be worried?
Y: There’s nothing to be worried about.
M: I don’t know. You don’t tell me anything anymore.
Y: Because there’s nothing to tell.
R: Some of it-Hey.
Y: Shouldn’t you be studying Maths?
R: I’m better at Maths than you.
S: Because I explained all of it to you.
R: Yeah...But you have different talents. That’s valid too.
Y: Robbe, Sander, my mom.
R: We’re going to...I’ll see you tomorrow?
Y: What are you thinking now?
Y: Why are you so quiet then?
M: I’ve noticed that you have a lot of Belgian friends.
Y: What’s wrong with that?
M: Nothing, honey.
Y: My friends are good people.
M: I believe that, but you have to admit that they have habits and customs which don’t suit you.
Y: Islam has habits and customs which don’t suit me either.
Y: Yes. What’s being said about homosexuality for example. Or that muslim men are allowed marry with someone who isn’t a muslim, but not the other way around. Isn’t that a double standard?
Y: That’s a question. People are allowed to ask questions?
M: Of course they are. Yasmina.
M: Do you have a Belgian boyfriend?
Y: What? I don’t have a boyfriend, mom. Not of any colour, belief or religion.
M: You sure?
Y: Yes. Yes, mom.
117 notes · View notes
Okay I did it, I watched Geothermal Escapism and I’m still crying.
1. Despite seeing spoilers (lol for a show that ended five years ago) in pics and gif sets nothing prepared me for Danny Pudi’s delivery in his lines about seeing real lava, ouch that broke me
2. Also the panic in Troy’s voice when he told Britta it was real to Abed, Donald Glover also crushed it in this ep
3. Britta trying to therapize the whole time kind of being a jerk toward Abed but then immediately saying “oh no” and coming up with a solution to save him in the game world, I truly love Britta
4. I love how easily Troy says I love you to Britta and calls her the best
5. Troy and Annie’s goodbye was so lovely, like can you even imagine being her and the high school guy of your dreams who never noticed you ends up being your roommate and one of your best friends?? And then he says HE’S the one who should have been grateful to know her all those years
7. I’m literally in pain at the way Abed smiles when he goes to hug Troy bc of course he’s smiling, he’s hugging Troy before you can see it hit him that this is the last time he’s going to get to do that
8. Come Sail Away playing in the background breaks me
9. Abed telling Troy to activate clone mode so he can talk to LeVar 🥺
10. The entire concept of the floor is lava game is so cool like all the different modes of transportation and Shirley’s island and everything, such a cool homage to the early paintball episodes but done in an entirely new way
11. The way Abed’s voice breaks a little when he’s saying “You may notice side effects like a compulsion...to come back.” The entire line “You may notice side effects like a compulsion to come back”
I’m v emotional. That was a really really beautiful episode and even though I knew what was coming it still knocked me sideways to hear those lines and see them for real. Wow my heart 🥺
74 notes · View notes