i think all of the lyrics from the best by Tina Turner are like… incredibly beautiful but there’s something about the line “and it can’t be wrong” when sung in regards to a queer couple that just… gets me crying every time I hear it
My favorite thing about Rose Apothecary is knowing that it would be my mother’s favorite store.
Binge-watching is the only kind of watching I do. Just did all 6 seasons of Schitt’s Creek in 3 days… That’s 80 episodes in 72 hours😅
Did I imagine seeing a picture of Annie as Alexis with a pregnant belly a few weeks ago? Or did someone else see it? 🤔
Schitt’s Creek Prompt List
In honor of Schitt’s Creek coming to an end I thought I would create a prompt list using some of my favorite quotes! I hope you guys enjoy. Feel free to use, share, or make requests.
(If anyone else has created a similar list for this show shout out to you! I haven’t seen one and thought it would be fun)
- 1. “I am trying really hard not to connect with people right now.” (David)
- “Oh I would kill for a good coma right now.” (Moira)
- “If you’re looking for an ass to kiss it’s mine.” (Roland)
- “What kind of barn yard were you raised in?” (David)
- “The idea of me life coaching another human being should scare you…a lot.” (David)
- “I totally get that.” (Alexis)
- “We just need a body.” (Patrick) “Then go to a morgue.” (David)
- “Well this town is very screamtastic.” (Johnny)
- “Very uninterested in that opinion.” (David)
- “Never let the bastards get you down.” (Moira)
- “Is there like, a Texas Chainsaw movie being filmed out there that I’m not aware of?” (David)
- “Why am I getting booed?” (Johnny)
- “I will not feel shame about the mall pretzels.” (David)
- Stop doing that with your face.” (Alexis)
- “I haven’t bedazzled anything since I was twenty two.” (David)
- “I’m incapable of faking sincerity.” (Stevie)
- “You smell very flammable right now.” (David)
- “We’re drinking to me not becoming an alcoholic.” (Stevie )
- “I didn’t go missing, (NAME). The FBI knew where I was the entire time!” (Alexis)
- “Are we having a bad day, honey?” (Johnny)
- “The internet is a breeding ground for freaks.” (David)
- “I’m only doing this because you called me rude, and I take that as a compliment.” (Stevie)
- “I’m gonna need a stiff drink to get through this.” (David)
- “Gossip is the devil’s telephone. Best to just hang up.” (Moira)
- “I have my own holiday tradition. It’s like the 12 Days of Christmas, but it’s one day with 12 bottles of wine.” (Stevie)
Oh, good question!
There were a few that I was interested in that didn’t make it. One Comme Des Garçons button-down that I liked but only made it into the background on the shelves at Patrick’s with David’s other sweaters (so I’m assuming some more were just there). There are also a few things in the sale that were alternate version or colors of other things we’ve already seen (a Givenchy Doberman sweatshirt in grey, the 5.01 Rick Owens hoodie in black, etc).
But there were two that I really liked that didn’t make it that continued the love theme of David’s clothes in S6. One was this Amiri hoodie, that I’m assuming was not picked because it was on the back was too hard to really see when shooting:
And the other is this Resort Corps sweatshirt that I think probably the flame sweater in the final scene of 6.13 replaced once they found that.
I’ve watched the last episode of Schitt’s Creek. I was surprised because I didn’t cry during the wedding but as soon as the goodbye scene started I started sobbing and now I can’t stop
I mean for sure I was crying when they show them wrapping the family. BUT when he says “A lot. I’ll miss a lot.” and his voice breaks is where I fully started sobbing watching the first time.
Damn you, Amy Segal
I think that was probably it. It may not have been a big moment but it was definitely probably not just a David thank you to Johnny but also a Dan thank you to Eugene for taking a leap and creating this show with him.
I have always had this future vision of them at their house on their deck, just enjoying being together and/or doing separate projects but staying close. Basically, their house was always my headcanon and I love that it became actual canon.
I like to think that David and Patrick and Twyla continue to grow and make the town just a little bit better over time. It becomes less than a dumpy little town to look down upon but rather reflects the lovely, big-hearted people within it more and more. Maybe Patrick runs for Moira’s open seat on the town council and little things in the town start to improve infrastructurally (Patrick) and aesthetically (David) just like they did with Rose Apothecary.
At the end of the day, I love that as we all walk away from this town that David and Patrick and Rose Apothecary and Twyla and Cafe Tropical and Stevie and the Rosebud are all still there…just making everything okay.