Finished my second frog! I used better paints this time and it came out a lot better! I’m really proud of it!
The only thing is I wish it was a little more obvious that I used the trans flag colors for it
Wybren is slowly coming along as well. I am trying to make sure his digits have good articulation and the webbing has good stretch. I hope he will have good motion by the end of it all.
On Monday I attended the cardboard workshop. I wanted to try and make my own little boxes which I plan to stack and arrange in a way that they resemble an apartment block or a little village of houses.
I first tried using a template with a series of tabs in order to fold the cardboard into a box shape. I think this method would work very well with paper or a lighter material, but I found the cardboard was too thick to fold in such a way.
So I moved on to cutting out individual squares and rectangles. I think this is a much better method as it takes less time to do and uses less cardboard than the previous method I was using. I used gumstrip to stick the sides together.
I started to cut little slits in one of the boxes because I was trying to figure out a way to connect all of the boxes together. I think these strips look a lot like little windows so I put some fairylights in the bottom of the box and was delighted with the result.