One thing I particularly enjoy about the evolution of Sean’s feelings and his relationship with White is that it happened slowly but you can clearly see when the switch flicked on for Sean…
From the first moment Sean has been watching “Black” like a hawk… you can see him being perplexed and a bit suspicious about Black’s sudden personality change.
When Sean opens the door to his room suddenly and raises his fist, “Black” backtracks and covers his face which must be a very unBlack thing to do. From what we saw of the past, Black has always been the more hotheaded one, the one ready to fight and stand up for himself. So for “Black” to instead cover his face and actually wait for the punch,instead of throwing one himself, is already suspicious.
And Sean noticed. Because of course he does. I bet he notices so much more because his and Blacks relationship is the rockiest one out of all of them at the garage. Gram seems to be in love with Black and also carries a lot of guilt and shame for kissing Eugene and maybe that’s why he doesn’t notice as much. Yok noticed too, but he also has Dan on his mind 24/7 so he isn’t as invested. But Sean is the one always at the garage and always watching “Black”.
Black has trouble riding his bike, doing work around the garage… he also suddenly questions their actions and how they will be viewed by the public. And he is also gentler, less aggressive and actually gives a damn about Sean. The old Black wouldn’t have cared about Sean, he already left him behind once. Yet suddenly, “Black” hugs him through his nightmares and consoles him, he cares about Sean and if he is hurt.
All of this tips Sean off and that’s why he starts to question this whole thing. I think their moment under the pride flag also shifted something between them. It looks to me like Sean acknowledged that he himself has different feelings for “Black” and for a moment he lets himself be and enjoy the moment. “Black” being this unusually smiling, cheerful and energetic just adds to the list of weird unBlack like behaviours.
Once Sean sorts his head out he investigates. He comes over to “Black” and the moment they have is significant and another milestone in their relationship. Because Sean opens up and “Black” accepts him, consoles him and thanks him for opening up. He trusts him and thanks him for giving that trust back.
And Sean does trust him. Him snooping around isn’t about not trusting him. I think he actually trusts this version of “Black” even more than the real one. Sean just really wants answers because he must be confused too. Cause suddenly he has feelings for someone he never really got along with and this person seems so different yet so identical to the one he had beef with. Sean just needs to confirm all of this.
You can see it once White wakes up and asks about being tied up. Sean already knows, but he isn’t angry. He’s actually amused.
(I also think that out of all of them, Sean was the one much more likely to not be mad at White for lying. I think Sean gets that something must have happened for White to come in and pretend to be Black. And Sean understands the need to protect his family and the ones he loves.)
Now that we know why Sean tied “Black” up, him checking that the “Black” who came over for the stake out is the one Sean wants there. Because the ropes left a mark on his wrists and Sean can confirm his identity without tipping White off.
The rest of the episode Sean seems way gentler himself. Every time he is anywhere near White he visibly softens. He teases him and engages with him but it’s not so rough. He also smiles much more and looks giddy when he runs across the rooftop with White’s hand tightly holding his.
It’s also worth pointing out that from the moment Sean confirms that “Black” is not Black… Sean doesn’t address him as Black anymore.
He is also way touchier with White, he seeks his presence and he openly flirts with him on that rooftop. Sean takes a breather to collect himself after that trust fall, giving himself a moment to calm his nerves down before making his move.
(Don’t even get me started on the trust fall and how it’s basically Sean’s way of asking White that if he fell for him, would White be there to catch him? Can Sean trust him with his heart?)
And once Sean is a 100% sure about this all, he goes for it. He seizes the opportunity and actually lets himself go and kisses White. Because now he knows and now trusts him too.
1. Dad who took his (black's) twin and never been interested how his other son was.
2. mom who's used to the idea that black is going to die for sure and do nothing just desperately trying to save his other son(white) from dying who is connected to black.
3. childhood friend who betrayed him for money and power and trying to kill him.
4. A man he considered an ally and trusted told him that his brother was better than him. In addition,Maybe this man's betrayal was the reason why black got into a coma And it was because of him that the police arrested his (black) friends.
5. He taught his friend to ride a motorcycle, gave him courage and purpose, and now exactly that friend trying to take his ex-girlfriend and not even allow him to hug and say goodbye for the last time. He did not even care why black fell in front of him and could not even breathe.
6. A gang that Black taught everything. Gave courage and purpose and fought with them to achieve that goal. he risked his life and in return he got friends who did not even care if he was alive or dead. None of them wondered where and how Black was. And no one asks why White replaced Black
7. And you know what's more heartbreaking? even his twin brother thinks that black doesn't know how suffering it is to not being able to see loved one anymore.
8. And we still ask why Black became so fearless, ruthless, cruel and unemotional 🤔