#siege and storm
NETFLIX PLS I’M BEGGING FOR GENYALINA CRUMBS
8 notes · View notes
Fedyor: I can fit the whole world in my hands.
Ivan: That’s imposs-
Fedyor: *cups Ivan's face*
Ivan: *voice shakes and blushes madly*
Ivan: Get off me, I have a reputation to uphold.
15 notes · View notes
My completely unrequested thoughts after finishing the Grisha trilogy
here we go
Mal had big Gale energy in Siege and Storm and I wanted to throttle him but he slightly redeemed himself in Ruin and Rising in my eyes. I say slightly bc he was waaaay too intense.
I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t read YA in a long time but I was desperately waiting for Mal and Alina (or Alina and anyone really) to just...fuck? Like at some point I was really convinced this bitch was gonna die a virgin
The constant infantilization of the Darkling is probably one of my biggest pet peeves? Like if I had to read a 500+ years or however how old the Darkling is being called “a boy, just a boy” one more time I would’ve to gouge my eyes out
Misha = 👼🏻
The crew (the fellowship of the sun? the Grisha + Mal? whatever, them) had a great dynamic. Each character was great and entertaining so I’m really excited to read SoC
The beginning of Siege and Storm felt so rushed to me 😬
I haven't read the Tailor but I 100% believe that the Darkling could've help Genya but she was more useful to him in the Little palace and alienated from the other Grisha the bastard
Alina could be so dumb sometimes I swear I wanted to shake her. I guess it’s another common trait in YA and she’s young and in difficult situations but still.
Mal being the 3rd amplifier...what a plot twist. idk if I’m dumb but I did not see it coming AT ALL
WHY DID THEY GET MARRIED WITHOUT THEIR FRIENDS
I was actively rooting for Alina to die since the end of Shadow and Bone. I really don’t hate her but I just feel like she had to die and go full martyrdom so I was just pissed when Mal kept saving her lol.
When Nikolai got transformed into a gargoyle or whatever...what was the reason? I guess that’s the plot of King of Scars but still
I can see the chemistry between the Darkling and Alina but I couldn't get over the grooming vibes I'm sorry 💀
Wished we could have learned more about the twins
I was actually annoyed that the Darkling survived the second book. Like he wasn’t that great of a villain to me and I would like for a new challenge in Ruin and Rising
On that note, I couldn’t really empathize with the Darkling? like I get that he wanted a world where he would be accepted but the message didn’t really get across in my opinion. Leigh Bardugo could've done more to show the legitimacy of his goal if she wanted a grey character? Idk EDIT: I just finished Six of Crows and the Grisha discrimination is so much clearer she could've done that more in the Trilogy
I don’t really care for Nikolai on the throne tbh? I’d be far more interested in a book series about Sturmhond even though there’s probably flashbacks in King of Scars
the fact that Alina still cared/thirsted for the Darkling after everything he did despite the fact she honestly barely knew him even in Shadow and Bone is hilarious to me idk. I know they had this “bond” or whatever but sis he was constantly trying to kill you and your friends like go to therapy, please
When Mal just left after Alina confessed that she was seeing the Darkling in Siege and Storm...I was ready to hunt down this bitch
I really like how she wrote the Darkling’s death, his devastation was really vivid
How did no one recognize Alina after Sankta Alina died? She literally has white hair she's rebuilding her childhood home??
Genya supremacy period
Thinking back about it I don't think there is a single main character in the series who hasn't hurt Alina in some way? They all lied to her and manipulate her and hurt her in some way like it's wild
team Alina should be single but Mal is the less worst option? Or like Genya but davidgenya is everything
my rant about shadow and bone
ok i just need to get this out bc i love the grishaverse so much; here we go
disclaimer: these are my opinions, no one has to believe them or think the same
why i love the books:
- the books were amazing
- i had been wanting to read them for a while and when i finally did, i was so excited but also worried that the hype might ruin it for me. IT DIDN’T AT ALL
- the imagery was so beautiful and the WORLDBUILDING MY GOD, i was a little confused but getting to know the world was one of the best parts
- the writing was so fun to read, it just kept you hooked from one page to the next and i never wanted to stop
- leigh bardugo has done a phenomenal job of building the relationships between every character and they felt so real even if they werent super close and when they were and they had issues like PTSD and stuff she wrote that so beautifully
- building off of that; the way she dealt with PTSD and slavery was really cool and interesting in a way i’ve never read about it before
- INEJ: as an indian girl i really struggle with finding any good indian characters that have more to a role then being the doctor or the grocery shop owner or the token, indian person and so reading about inej was honestly one of the most amazing things i’ve ever experienced. it made me realize, YEAH i am indian and I AM OKAY WITH THAT. to read about her getting a love interest, fighting, being the most badass person ever was so so so touching that i cried, because she was amazing and normal (to the point where she could think of something other then her AP classes and an arranged marriage) and she was acctually really cool
- just reading something so inspiring and beautiful was the final push into looking into my own writing which i now love and hope to foster as i grow
why i love the show and the cast:
- i’ve been in love with ben barnes for literally forever (ok just had to say that)
- the casting was spot on, just absolutely perfect
- i am now so inspired by the diversity in the cast because wow, amita suman is like my hero. shes indian and shes in a show and shes famous and shes beautiful. i’ve never seen someone portray an brown women that way and in a way where i felt proud to say, yeah im indian just like amita suman
- jessie mei li has my heart because they are the sweetest, kindest human being ever and did i mention GORGEOUS?!
- now the show itself was such a great representation of the story but it was so unique in a way that i wasn’t expecting. and i loved it
- the way racism was incorporated in the story and the chemistry between everyone was really great
- seeing the cast pictures and hearing them in the interviews is something i do when im sad because it makes me remember that there is happy, good people in the world
- leigh bardugo, you saint, these books and tv shows were a ledge for me when i was struggling and kept me sane in a time where i wasn’t sure i wanted to be. for a long time those books were the harry potter books but now as i am reading these books with characters like inej and the darkling, i really have never felt more attached to a cast of a show or characters of a book. again, INEJ IS INDIAN AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT, the amount of self worth that gave me was amazing, your books were a light when i was in the dark and im so grateful for them
OK YALL WOW I REALLY HAD TO GET THAT OUT OF ME BEFORE I EXPLODED PHEW and if you are reading this, thank you, i commend you for staying this long with my crazy and nonsense. if you are reading this but you just scrolled through this entire thing, hi! this is the end, thanks for being here.
also @lbardugo this IS a thank you letter
not me tagging leigh bardugo knowing very well she wont see this but doing it JUST in case she does and decides she loves me just as much as i love her
14 notes · View notes
This book makes me so emotional
6 notes · View notes
“‘Baghra warned me. She said you were arrogant, blinded by ambition.’
‘Did she now?’ His voice was ice. ‘And what other treason did she whisper in your ear?’
‘That she loved you’” -Siege and Storm, pg. 46.
3 notes · View notes
‘I was suddenly aware of his shoulder resting against mine, the press of his thigh. The air felt warm and smelled sweet with the scent of summer and woodsmoke.’
Siege and Storm Final Thoughts
Again, I flew through Siege and Storm far too quickly to live-blog my reactions but as always, here are my general thoughts:
When I say that I really don't have any criticisms of this book , I absolutely mean it. Usually, I find that the second book in a trilogy is my least favorite, but Siege and Storm was phenomenal. The plot lines were brilliantly woven, the new characters were expertly included and developed (Nikolai, we stan a King), and THAT ENDING OMG.
I will say that my one criticism of Shadow and Bone was the character development of Mal and Zoya, both of whom I think got a fair amount of attention in this book. I really expected to not like Mal or find him annoying after reading previous reviews, but I think his gripes and feelings are totally fair and valid. Both he and Alina are going through some serious shit, and of course, they’re gonna get pissy with one another. It’s really hard when your girl is a living saint and you have no idea what you’re supposed to do or how to protect her and everyone keeps proposing to her. IT”S ROUGH OK.
Going off of that, it’s very clear to me that Malina is end game- I love Nikolai and the Darkling, and I think that the troupes and aspects of each of their relationships with Alina are very promising and attractive, but it’s always going to be Mal for Alina. Even though, this book really makes me want to root for Darklina- can we talk about those moments though? An odd mixture of creepy and attractive. Not gonna lie, while I was shocked at the ending, the idea of her choosing the Darkling after all of her feelings during this book was not shocking at all.
Speaking of which, I did also enjoy that this book made the Darkling look fallible and very human, which I wasn't expecting and really hope continues into the next book. Overall, I think that Leigh Bardugo writes her characters so roundly that I can't dislike any of them completely. She also writes a damn good herione, I was so-so about Alina after Shadow and Bone but now I'm a huge fan.
Overall, my favorite thing about this book was Nikolai Lantsov. Our King. Our Pirate. What a babe. What a man.
And now I’m off to finish this trilogy! Send help and love.
2 notes · View notes
mal tracking an animal: perfect. flawless. silent as the night
mal being tracked BY humans: uses his own credit card right after faking his own death
7 notes · View notes
Chapter 10 of Siege and Storm and oh no. Mal is becoming insufferable. You’re not her mom for crying out loud! Let her make her own decisions and stop opposing her at every turn! Where is the dynamic, passionate, trusting Mal from the show? The fact that they altered him for Netflix does not bode well for the future.
5 notes · View notes
would you look at little alina turning into the new darkling after crashing through all his ominous prophesies in months rather than centuries
3 notes · View notes
alina: my power is yours
alina: and yours is mine
54 notes · View notes
grishaverse is very gay
74 notes · View notes
Talán a szerelem csak egy babona, egy ima, amit azért mondtunk, hogy a magányosság valóságát kordában tartsuk. A csillagok úgy festettek, mintha közel volnának egymáshoz, pedig igazából több millió mérföld választotta el őket. A végén talán a szerelem nem jelentett mást, csak vágyódást valami lehetetlenül fényes és mindörökké elérhetetlen után.
Leigh Bardugo: Ruin and Rising – Pusztulás és felemelkedés
this took ages im sorry but tagged by @maryolive and @xuanyuu and @stevezissous thank u icons😚😚
5 songs ive had on repeat 🪧
- giants in the sky from into the woods
- xs by rina sawayama
- cloud sick by free throw
- good arms vs bad arms by frightened rabbit
- somewhere only we know by keane
currently watching 🪧 i'm rewatching doctor who rn 😳😳 but ive been meaning to start s&b weeks
currently reading 🪧 A LOT but most actively, siege & storm by leigh bardugo and too much and never enough by mary l trump
last watched movie 🪧 im like 98% sure it was and justice for all (1979) my beloved...
not tagging anyone so just do this if u want to mwah!
9 notes · View notes
She's literally a sunshine ☀️
51 notes · View notes
Alina’s animal powers
Why does Zoya get dragon powers and Alina doesn’t? Not fair!
Female reindeer do have antlers. So Alina’s reindeer form will too.
Really good at hiding if the Darkling’s tracking parties couldn’t find them for who knows how long
Really good at finding food during winter
Large, dark doe eyes...yeah... maybe not such a comforting sight if settled on a human face famed for summoning the sun
Alina is comfortable in snowy climates, to the point of surviving a blizzard.
When she turns back to her human form, Alina could be wearing a white fur cloak/poncho
Alina finds herself surprisingly calm in stressful times. Though she does react when in pain.
Alina has dream telepathy and is an empath
Unlike dragons like Juris, Alina’s inner beast enjoys the cool sensation of frigid water and can see into the dark depths of the ocean
Alina’s senses have been enhanced
Scary red eyes
She can sense and feel others’ emotions, communicate telepathically and is suddenly very good at singing.
Instead of breathing fire or spitting lightning, her mouth spews burning rays of light. Like a very wide yellow laser beam
And yes, her dragon body can breathe underwater
When she turns back to her human form, she wears a dress with scales/shells.
Personally I feel like the sea whip is a more powerful amplifier...
4 notes · View notes
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (Shadow and Bone #2)
13 notes · View notes
this privateer strumhond is the only interesting character in this series other than the darkling
5 notes · View notes
It wouldn't be a YA book if there wasn't at least one side character that I hated more than anyone else in tbe book, including the actual villain of the series.
5 notes · View notes