fuck it dude i might get animal crossing
Okay y'all, serious question. I’m planning to do a really intense ritual soon, like, a multi-day one that is a bit earth shattering. It’s not something I can really postpone; there are way too many signs saying this needs to happen ASAP.
Thing is, I don’t exactly have a safe place to do this. The city feels too restrictive, there are too many people. And with COVID, I can’t exactly disappear into the woods like I normally would for these sorts of things.
How can I shed this mortal skin and openly howl and scream at the moon without disappearing into the mountains?
So I’m gonna embark on an underworld descent pretty soon and ngl I’m terrified but also realize this is a fuckin cornerstone of the myths and therefore my faith and honestly discovering that on a deeper level than my usual intellectualism is also terrifying
jordan’s gonna fail a check and fall into someone’s thrall and is GOING to go apeshit and everyones going to realize they need to learn how to heal themselves as well because jordan will kick their fucking asses
I was tagged by @lazydreamlandblaze
We’re all bored as fuck here so let’s recommend some things! So tell us 5 shows, 5 books, 5 movies, 5 YouTubers, and 5 songs!
1. Tangled: The Series/Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure – actually a fantastic show like, seriously. You need to watch Tangled: Before Ever After (a fairly short movie that sets up the plot) beforehand, but it’s all on Disney+ and season 3 of the show will be out in a few days
2. Numb3rs – a really good show if you like crime dramas. A math professor/genius works with his brother in the FBI to solve crimes using math, it’s super cool. I think it’s on Amazon Prime, but I could be wrong
3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – truly an iconic show. It’s funny, it’s got Zachary Levi, it’s on Amazon Prime
4. Good Omens – I don’t really think I need to explain this one to anybody who follows me. One of my absolute favourites, on Amazon Prime
5. Galavant – a kind of ridiculous, not at all serious, very self-aware musical show. Great music, pretty good plot, good humour. On Netflix
1. The Montague Siblings // The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue and The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy – representation!! So much representation in a historical fantasy setting. I cannot recommend this series enough, please read it – by Mackenzie Lee
2. The Grishaverse // The Grisha Trilogy, Six of Crows duology, King of Scars duology, and The Language of Thorns – yes, there are a lot of books, and yes TGT isn’t the greatest, but this universe is so amazing and also the Netflix show will be dropping season one maybe kinda soon-ish – by Leigh Bardugo
3. The Lunar Chronicles // Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter, Fairest, and Stars Above – sci-fi, strong and diverse female leads, fairytale retellings, adorable romances, honestly it’s my comfort series – by Marissa Meyer
4. The Bloody Jack series – it’s a twelve book series, but good lord is it worth the commitment. Early 19th century, piracy, badass girl ends up in basically every major world event, it’s just so good hdjdksnzhsjsk – by L.A. Meyer
5. Literally anything by Neil Gaiman – he’s a really good writer, you guys
1. The Princess Bride – I mean, if you haven’t seen this one, I don’t know what you’ve been doing with your life. Iconic
2. Stardust – based on a Neil Gaiman book, the score is glorious. Fantasy, adventure, idk I really like it, it’s got a pretty fun story
3. Kubo and the Two Strings – this movie’s just like, really good. It made me cry. Also, it’s made by the same studio that made Coraline
4. The Lord of the Rings trilogy – look, I dunno what you want me to say, these movies are iconic (also you should definitely read the books)
5. The Emperor’s New Groove – this is one of the best Disney movies ever made and I’ve come across a surprising number of people who haven’t seen it. Iconic characters, iconic design, iconic dialogue
1. Overly Sarcastic Productions – literature and history videos. Absolutely wonderful, I have no words for how much I love Red and Blue. Please go enjoy salty commentary on classic literature and the absolute meme-ness of history (also, Red’s webcomic Aurora is so freaking good, I have teared up over it)
2. Thomas Sanders – wholesome, amazing, incredibly talented. I would kill to protect this man. Sanders Sides has no right being that good, but it is and I love it
3. JK Studios – the og cast of Studio C, doing their own thing now. Mainly just there for the cast being themselves idk
4. Translator Fails / Malinda – she’s just pretty cool, idk
5. The Brooklyn 99 YouTube channel – clips and compilations from the show, what more could you want??
1. First Burn – this song cured my depression for like a week when it came out. Eliza roasting Alex for three straight minutes. Five Elizas (one of whom I saw!) Best when imagined occurring immediately after Congratulations
2. Don’t Make Me by Malinda – really catchy, Thomas Sanders was in the music video, 10/10
3. Literally all the songs from Frozen 2 – all of the songs are bops, but All is Found is tragically underrated and nobody’s talking about how When I Am Older is the biggest goddamn mood
4. LEMONS by Brye – powerful, iconic, it started on TikTok but damn is it a bop
5. In the Reptile Room by The Gothic Archies – honestly, listen to this whole album bc all the songs are bops and they were written for the A Series of Unfortunate Events audiobooks. This one is probably my favourite one though
Whoo! That took a really long time! And I have so many more suggestions if anyone wants them