this twitter meme is them
4K notes · View notes
Batman: Wayne Family Adventures #15 - "Family Ties" (2021)
written by CRC Payne
art by Starbite, Maria Li, Lan Ma, & C.M. Cameron
440 notes · View notes
BSD Chapter 97
“At the airport – Part 6”
We finally have a long chapter this time! And it is sooo good!!!! More on Aya’s backstory and of course, the long awaited duel between Dazai and Fyodor!
I don’t speak either English or Japanese as my first language and I typed this out feeling super hyped after reading the chapter so I may make some mistakes here and there. I may come back and fix some mistakes or change a few details later so please understand.
- Aya takes Bram with her and runs away. She wonders what she is even doing, when she herself is neither a detective or ability user. She has a flashback about her father hitting her and telling her to become a “normal perfect woman”. Fukuchi, meanwhile is searching for her. He orders his vampire subordinates to find and kill the one who stole Bram (at this point he still doesn’t know who did it, he just assumed that’s one of Jouno’s allies).
- Back to jail, Sigma is watching Gogol explain the rules of the escape game to Dazai and Fyodor, thinking to himself that he might be the only normal, decent person in the room. Basically, Fyodor and Dazai will have to inject themselves with a poison that will kill them within 30 minutes, and the first one who gets out of the jail they are in, will be the winner and will get the one and only antidote prepared by Gogol. It means that within 30 minutes, either of them will die. Gogol says he is sorry to Dazai because he actually only wants to kill Fyodor but he doesn’t do this, he would not be able to get Fyodor to inject the poison. Dazai says there is nothing he has to apologize for, because for Dazai it is such a good chance, like a gift of God. Fyodor says it is kind of lonely to think he would lose a chest mate within 30 minutes though. Both of them then inject the poison with smiling faces.
- Back to the airport, Fukuchi’s vampires are blocking the airport and checking everyone. Aya tells Bram to do something about them, but he refuses, asking her to return him to his coffin cuz he is sleepy. Aya gets pissed at Bram and tried to remove the sword from Bram’s body. Bram yelled at her saying that it hurts because it is pierced into his brain. Aya says that if they don’t do anything then world war will happen. Bram tells her how stupid she is to ask that from the Duke of darkness who will bring doom to human. Aya agrees with him, saying that she herself knows that it is stupid. She shows him her hands that have been shaking nonstop. She was born into a world with no violence and war. This is the first time she ever saw a real sword. She doesn’t have anything, be it knowledge or special ability, or physical strength. The only thing she has is the determination to “never ever run away when a crisis hits”. Bram asks her what she is fighting for, being at that age. Aya remembers how she was scold and beaten by her father for not being a “perfect woman” like her passed mother. And how his father called her “a failure of a woman”. She makes up her mind and tries to persuade Bram to help her because the people in this world needs help. She says she will give him anything he wants as thanks. Bram tells her to know her place and tells her that there is one thing that he wants but he believes she cannot grant. That is the rumored, legendary treasure, a mechanism that holds a whole orchestra in itself – the “wireless radio”. If Aya can grant it to him and he will happily devote himself to her. (He looks pretty confident here that Aya cannot have it btw xDD). Aya is surprised hearing that, telling Bram that she might have a radio that his father used in the past. Then she takes out her portable player and let Bram listen to it. Bram is shocked and asks her if she is a God. (XDDD)
- Back to the jail again. Gogol is explaining more about the rules of the game. First is their current position. The place they were in before is the infinity space where they keep the dangerous prisoners, at the deepest level. Now Gogol has taken them to the floor above it, which is 4 floors underground. However, to get to the ground where the exit is, they have to go past all the world-class guards. At each of the floor there are a lot of partition walls that can only be opened by entering the right passcode, which is changed every six hours. If they enter it wrong just once, the door will never open again. Each door is 120cm in thickness and is made from counter-ability material so it cannot be destroyed. Once they get through that, they will have to hop on an elevator, that requires palm print, voiceprint, retina, and genetic authentication to move. All the information will be sent to the central operation room where the operator confirms the people inside the elevator before letting it move. On top of that, in every floor there are heavily armed guards waiting, who will shoot without warning. Their weapons are also activated by genetic authentication, so its impossible to steal it from them.
- Gogol then proceeds to the “worst news”. Every time a suspect is detected, the partitions will immediately be locked and water will be poured in after 10 seconds. That is not normal water, but “heavy water”. When drown inside it, one will not be able to swim, and it is also harmful to the body, so if one drinks too much of it, they will die. In other words, if they are found out by the guards, they will be locked up, and filled with a kind of water that even fishes will drown, then die in agony and regrets. After explaining everything, Gogol ask them if they feel like crying yet. But both Dazai and Fyodor actually look so very excited instead. Even Sigma can tell that they are making those faces while imagining their opponent die in such a painful way.
- Lastly, Gogol offers them a “present”. He has prepared 4 special items to help them escape. But they can only choose 1 of them. The 4 items include: a radio communication device that can keep them informed of the movement of the guards, a card with manager level authorization that can open the only door to the heliport, the bomb coins that Gogol first used when he infiltrated in the beginning, and finally, a satellite phone that can help them connect and call for help from outside once they reach the first level. Whichever item they choose, that might decide the outcome of the match. Gogol lets Fyodor choose first, cuz he is his friend XDD, and Fyodor chooses the card. When it comes to Dazai’s turn, he points to Sigma, which shocked everyone, including Sigma himself. The chapter ends with Sigma wondering what in the world Dazai is even thinking.
And… that’s everything for this month’s chapter!! I can’t believe I typed 1200 words lollll but the chapter is so good omg. I haven’t been this excited for a while. Can’t wait for the next chapter that will come out on January 4th, with BSD on the cover (!!!) and a beautiful bookmark set as magazine bonus! Thank you for reading till the end and I’m sorry for all the mistakes and typos I might have made XDD
411 notes · View notes
Aoyama’s parents are really out here like “Yeah, let’s ask this incredibly dangerous and powerful villain for a favor— I’m sure it won’t backfire at all.”
“We just want our son to be happy—“
DOES HE LOOK HAPPY??!!???!??
306 notes · View notes
Two nat 20s and a spidery old bird man
140 notes · View notes
caitriona balfe and jamie dornan in belfast, 2021
167 notes · View notes
Taliesin said backstory reveal speedrun
112 notes · View notes
Batman: Wayne Family Adventures #15 - "Family Ties" (2021)
written by CRC Payne
art by Starbite, Maria Li, Lan Ma, & C.M. Cameron
274 notes · View notes
Their faces after hearing Gogol’s explanation about all the deadly traps that are waiting them ahead.
379 notes · View notes
I CAN'T KEEP SEEING HIM LIKE THIS ITS TOO REAL AND ITS TOO PAINFUL.I HOPE THEY GET GARFIELD SOME HELP AND SOON. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE
125 notes · View notes
get this bitch off my for you page!!!!!111
103 notes · View notes
Is “Powder” gone for good?
It seems to be generally accepted that Jinx has two relatively distinct personalities. Elsewhere I’ve argued this is very similar to the Smeagol vs Gollum dynamic with Gollum from The Lord of the Rings. In Jinx’s case it’s Powder vs. Jinx.
To sum up very briefly (and at the risk of oversimplifying because I think there’s actually more than two layers here, but for the sake of my current argument) the Jinx personality is ruthless and vicious and the Powder personality is soft and emotionally vulnerable and we can tell which personality is “in control” based on certain cues like her facial expression, voice modulation etc.
See, for example:
within the span of a few seconds.
The Powder personality has a very distinct child-like, innocent look, and as one good analysis post pointed out, it usually appears when she meets with a person or place from her childhood or has an associated memory. Although, it is also worth noting there are a number of moments where Jinx appears to tactically use Powder’s expressions and mannerisms to exploit or throw off an opponent, most notably Caitlyn (in fact I would argue there are multiple ways the two personalities blend together throughout acts two and three but we’ll set that issue aside here).
Now, I’ve seen multiple posts essentially making the argument that Jinx’s Powder personality completely died at some point in Act 3. Different people have different opinions on when exactly that happened (setting off the grenade on the bridge, while getting operated on by Singed, or after she killed Silco and decided to sit in the Jinx chair, etc.), but the basic point is the same.
To me, this argument does not hold up, based on the final few shots of Jinx that we see.
Consider these expressions:
The first is admittedly ambiguous, but the second is definitely not an expression typical of the Jinx personality which in its most raw form looks like this:
When she’s walking up the ramp at the very end, she looks very much like Powder, and since she’s alone at this point there’s no reason for it to be a decoy.
Also, when Jinx actually fires the rocket, she starts crying, which to me does not fit the Jinx personality as we’ve come to know it.
While I do think she had a significant psychological shift when she chose the Jinx chair, I do not think the Powder personality is completely gone. It’s more accurate to say that the Powder personality has been subsumed. While Jinx is firmly in control, we could say, her feelings are still going to reflect Powder’s to some degree.
We’ll have to wait and see how she acts next season but while I predict she’ll be less bipolar, and more focused, certain moments of Powder-like emotional vulnerability will still come through.
112 notes · View notes
Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant #1 - "The Second Eye" (2021)
written by Nadia Shammas & Joshua Williamson
art by Max Raynor & John Kalisz
192 notes · View notes
An escape game where both Dazai and Fyodor will inject themselves with a poison that will kill them in 30 minutes. The first one who gets out of the jail will get the one and only antidote in the world.
369 notes · View notes
A Dawn and Lucas Cap Pikachu to start off Part 2 of Pokémon Evolutions.
87 notes · View notes
Journey to the West in memes because I love this book, Part 2
(Big spoilers ahead)
107 notes · View notes
Rook, Kalim: Let there be Light
Did anyone else notice that the big R on Union Birthday Rook’s cap makes him look like he’s repping Pokémon’s Team Rocket--
Also, yes, I am pushing the “Kalim is not stupid” agenda again, so sue me 😤 (It actually ties in well with where I go with this piece!)
“If I were to be in a different dorm, I would like to be in Heartslabyul.”
“Ooh, Heartslabyul What made you pick that one over the others?”
“It was a difficult choice!” Rook confessed with a deep, dramatic sigh. “Every dorm has its unique charms! However, Heartslabyul was the one that called out to me the loudest.”
“Like, it vibed with you the best?”
“Oui.” Rook nodded, a radiant smile spreading across his face. “Though I am content with following our beautiful Vil, I feel that I could also serve well under the leadership of Heartslabyul’s queen. Roi des Roses is a very particular individual, so my eye for detail may be of value to him. Heartslabyul also keeps for flamingos and hedgehogs—and I would be able to lend my animal expertise in caring for them. I would be more than happy to support him however I can.”
“Whoa, it’s nice that you’re thinking of how you can help others, Rook!” Kalim beamed. “Come to think of it, Riddle and Vil are similar. They’re both kind of strict, but they’re also really hard working and smart!”
“Roi d’Or...! You understand!!” Rook happily clasped his hands together. “Truly, they are deserving of their titles, of carrying on the spirits of Queen of Hearts and the Beautiful Queen themselves!”
“It’s cuz those two are really amazing. I can see just how much they shine. It’s prettier than any gold or jewels my family has.” Suddenly, Kalim’s smile faltered. “Sometimes it’s hard to believe that we’re all Dorm Leaders.”
“... Whatever do you mean?” Sensing the shift in Kalim’s mood, Rook adopted a more serious tone.
“Riddle and Vil have done a lot of great things. They’re also really great students and leaders! Compared to that, I’m entire worlds apart. I have average grades, and I have trouble paying attention in class, and waking up on time. I just want everyone to be happy and have fun, but I don’t always know the best way to lead them.”
Kalim laughed—but instead of boisterous, it came out weak. “It feels like I’ll never be able to catch up.”
“Kalim-kun... I don’t believe that’s true at all. You are a Dorm Leader that stands on the same level as any other. You sparkle in your own way—so don’t compare yourself to others. Look within yourself, find your own light, and cultivate it.” Rook playfully tapped a fist against Kalim’s arm. “Then you find that beautiful shine that you seek.”
“Just like at our VDC training camp, Roi d’Or. All it takes is polish, and anyone can become a precious stone.” Rook slipped a hand over his heart, allowing his voice to rise and reverberate. “I’ll definitely give you that brilliant shine🎵 The power to make others kneel, you will have it too🎵”
“Ah...! That song is...” Kalim’s face flooded with recognition. “It was a really fun time. I loved rehearsing with everyone, and performing on stage. If I keep trying hard and practicing, do you really think I can shine even brighter?”
“Certainement. Why, I can see your spirit shining as we speak. Your kindness, your boundless optimism... They are a few of the things that make you stand out!”
Kalim burst out laughing. “Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better!! But you know something, Rook? I can see yours too.”
“Your spirit shining.”
“Fufu. Is that so? I’m very fortunate to find myself where I am, surrounded by such beauty day after day! Perhaps that makes me selfish—I want to see others sparkle so that I may be dazzled by their blinding light. There is no greater joy in my life.”
“Gahahah! I don’t really get all of that, but if it makes you happy, then I’m happy for you too! If there’s anything I can do to help you out, just say the word. I want to make you sparkle, too!”
“If I may, there is one thing... The matter of the birthday blessing!”
“Oh yeah! I’ve still got to pie you! Hang on, I’ll go grab them real quick...!” Kalim scrambled to a table, digging through elaborate platters of appetizers to retrieve two clouds of whipped cream.
“I will warn you,” Rook called after him, “the first hit will be free. After that, there is no promising that I will not dodge or retaliate.”
He wasn’t quite sure if his words ever fully reached Kalim’s ears. The Scarabia student was a blur of cheer and movement, a pie hitting Rook square in the shoulder as he finished his sentence. Whipped cream scattered across Rook’s jacket—like petals haphazardly plucked from a rose.
Sweet and fleeting, all at once.
“Happy birthday, Rook!” Kalim chirped, brandishing a second pie. “I hope the next year’s full of lots of beauty for you!”
“My thanks for the well wishes, Roi d’Or.” Rook stealthily stepped back, hitting another table. A hand snaked behind him, seizing his own pie. “But, if you will indulge me for one last time for this special occasion... Let us duel!!”
“You got it! Let’s dance...!”
Following their declarations, lies went sailing through the air. Flying from all directions and accompanied by howling and shrieks of laughter, it was, at times, difficult to tell who was throwing which. Still...
No matter how much whipped cream coated their skin or their clothes, their shining never once dimmed.
Yes, Rook was very fortunate indeed to be in the midst of it all.
119 notes · View notes
Laudna really looked at that Corsair guy and said with her eyes
Don’t You Dare Bother My Son, I’ll Eat Your Dreams and Leave Only Nightmares
49 notes · View notes
Fantastic Four: Infinity Comic #4 (2021)
written by Zac Gorman
art by Stefano Landini & Ian Herring
151 notes · View notes