I feel like my love of academics and my course makes it simultaneously easier and more difficult to write essays. I start one, and I’m really loving the work, getting in this awesome flow, then I get stuck thinking “what if this sucks, what if my prof hates it, I’ll be so heartbroken” and then I stop, procrastinate for forever and then start the whole cycle all over again.
New stuff for next term 🙃
made this for my best friend for his birthday!
Today I had geography zoom class in yhe morning and then I cought up on german. I still have homework to do for math tomorrow.
Something fun outside school I did today is that I cooked a miso soup and it turned out delicious!
I missed this place so much but I had to take a break. I hope to be back now regularly 😊
Xoxo - Nats
Italian folk tales
Weather was GORGEOUS today.
Biochem, org chem, calculus
Started reading “The Selfish Gene” by Richard Dawkins. AWESOMEEEE. 110% recommend. I have Violet to thank for the recommendation @philology-studies ❤️
Im craving chocolate, you guys.
What’s your favourite guilty pleasure?
@philology-studies @phoebe-does @problematicprocrastinator @studyblr @studylustre @studyingdawn @studynostalgic @gabiestudies @castudies @a-students-lifebuoy @myattemptatbeingastudyblr @productivearlgrey @maritsa-studies @shootingshadowss @mokastudies @aunstudies @emotionalrack @studyblr @mint-tea-studies @cloudpearls-studyworld @theclimbingnerd @notsomuchsheldoncooper @notmuchofanenigma @chazza-studies-alevels @cats-n-strawberries @captainofstudies @cscience @studypurple @chrysalistudy @sciencefunn @studyblr-support @insightintouncertainty @serendistudy @seoulightstudies @janshiiiii @delphicoracle @coffeeandpies @thatbrandnewbindersmell @bulletnotestudies
I’m currently learning Mandarin (Chinese) at school and self-taught for Spanish. At first, I found that teaching myself a language is very tricky because I struggled and didn’t know where to start. Here are 30 topics that you can get start to learn a new language. Hope this can help!
1. Basic vowels, diphthongs, and consonants (different languages have different ways to pronounce them)
2. Greeting phrases (hello, how are you, what’s your name, how old are you)
3. Polite phrases (thank you, nice to meet you, i’m sorry, you’re welcome, excuse me, please)
4. Basic people (girl, boy, child, adult, he, she, I, me, you)
5. Number (1-1000, 1 million, phone number, house number)
6. Time (morning, afternoon, evening, night, o'clock, weekdays, months, years)
7. Basic verbs (drink, eat, speak, say, work, study)
8. Family (grandparents, parents, siblings, form sentence to introduce members in the family, where do you live)
9. Sentence structure (learn how to form one independent sentence)
10. Negative sentence structure (i’m not, i don’t have, i don’t know)
11. Question phrases (what, when, where, why, who, how, do you…)
12. Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, brunch)
13. Food (vegetable, meat, fruits, noodles, rice, dessert, fast food, adjective related to food like delicious, sour, sweet, bitter, spicy)
14. Drinks (tea, milk, coke, juice, smoothie, soda)
15. Colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, brown, grey, black, white)
16. Emotions (happy, angry, sad, bored)
17. Transportations (bicycle, walk, bus, car, motorcycle, subway, train)
18. Clothing (accessories, shirts, t shirts, pants, jeans, shorts, dresses)
19. Directions (around, left, right, front, back, north, south, east, west)
20. Basic animal (dog, cat, cow, chicken, bear, fish)
21. Traveling (countries’ names, hotels, culture, customs, traditions)
22. Weather (sunny, rainy, snow, temperature, hot, cold, cool)
23. Seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter)
24. State of being (i’m sick, i’m uncomfortable, i’m hungry, i’m thirsty)
25. Hobbies (drawing, singing, dancing, reading, writing, watching movies, listening to music, playing musical instrument)
26. Sports (swimming, soccer, volleyball, basketball, hockey, badminton, tennis, baseball, softball)
27. School (subjects like art, science, literature, math, classes, courses, when school starts/ends, classroom, exam, tests, book, pens, calculator, notebook)
28. More verbs (wake up, go to sleep, go to school, cook, play sports, buy)
29. Technology (phones, laptop, social media, app, benefits, disadvantage, internet, TV, chat, video call, call)
30. Occupations (doctor, nurse, architect, businessman, accountant, chef)
31. Past tense (i did…, i was…, i traveled…., yesterday, last week, last year)
32. Future tense (i will, i am going to, tomorrow, next week, next year)
33. Complex sentence structure (if…,then…; besides…, also…;however..,.;but)
34. Locations (school, building, office, cinema, shop, shopping center, library)
35. Body parts (eye, nose, mouth, ear, head, hair, arm, hand, leg, foot, teeth)
36. Description (tall, short, long, thin, fat, skin/hair/eye color, adjective like funny, intelligent, beautiful, handsome)
37. Environment (earth, environment, trees, trash, turn off light/electricity, plastic bags, pollution, recycle, climate change)
38. Cooking (add, stir, boil, grill, fry, chop, mix, bake)
39. Festivals (new year holiday, Christmas holiday, easter, halloween)
40. Preposition (above, below, under, next to, in front, at the back, opposite)
quarantine buddy + coffee shop vibe i tried to recreate on my room bc i miss going out so much
i reviewed some gen chem 1 material from last semester to help me remember for when i start learning gen chem 2 stuff on my own.
song recommendation of the day: alright by keshi
I bought this beautiful planner in my Italy cruise and I am in love with it ever since
some of my econs alevel notes on fiscal policy!
Day 6/100 - hundered days of productivity
- Went on a walk
- Bought groceries
- Cleaned the kitchen
My productivity level has gone down mainly because i have been sleeping so late and feeling so drained the whole day… I need to pick it back up 🤍
What happened to George Floyd breaks my heart, the fact that this still happens in 2020, especially in countries like America where it is viewed as a powerful country. This is just sickening. I wish more could be done.
My heart also goes to those families that have been affected by looters, I know this is not talked about as much but I can’t help but feel for them as my family has been through this in the past. I know the rioters are not the same as protestors, and it’s fucked up knowing there is people taking advantage of George Floyd’s death to loot and gain things from it, especially when its not POC.
I wish this whole thing would resolve soon. I don’t know what it feels like to be black in the US, but I will try my best to educate myself on it and try to donate and help out as much as possible. ❤️
I’ve passed my B1 German exam! 😊♥️ Today I start B2 and I’m so motivated to pass soon with coffee and vegan matcha cookies!
Have a great week everyone~ ☺️🌸
[100 days of productivity 32/100]
June 2020 - I was happy with this spread until I made it all messy. But still, here’s to a new start! Hopefully june will bring more productivity along