I’ve been procrastinating a lot these days, but today was different 💖
Ooh baby, biochem is my favorite thing ever. 🖤 This class showed me what I really wanna do and where I wanna go.
June 4 /20
Current read. Work is exhausting me.
The Institute: 67%
The Flatshare: 61%
🎧 ms - alt-j 🎧
Chai tea and accounting
given these extraordinarily difficult times, productivity should NOT be a priority, and it’s okay to step back and focus on other things. personally i try to center myself by making a list of things that are bothering me at the moment (things i want, things that scare me, things that worry me) and divide them into categories:
1. a task that needs to be finished right now to help me accomplish a big deadline on a certain date (aka studying for an exam)
2. things that make me dissatisfied but can be fixed with discipline or continuous work and some time (my grades, or the state of my fitness)
3. things that i THINK are urgent but probably arent, and can probably be done during an appropriate time (for example, ive been fussing over my wardrobe. which is pointless. because i dont go out. and there are more important things to be done)
4. things that are bigger than my personal problems which SEEM hopeless, but i have a duty to do whatever i can to help fight it (our current political situation in my country and in Hong Kong, the US, etc.)
5. things that are beyond my control.
once i evaluate whats important, what isnt, and what i can do to help each of my problems, it becomes easier to stay on task school-wise, and still be able to address my needs, and (in very very small ways) the needs of my community.
i know things seem hopeless, but we have our voices, our brains, and our hands. do the most to help yourselves, and the people around you. and always— take care, and stay safe.
mindmap of globalisation’s impacts from an economic lens
june fourth // 04/100 dop
slightly ill today - living and studying with a chronic illness is not a straight path in any way. so i rested and watched Netflix, but i also got ice cream with my father and brother! a happy day all told
follow me on ig: @bumblestudying
listening to: hide and seek - imogen heap
“You can’t live being so still. Lay me down. Let me go. You’re so much more than me. Lay me down. Let me go.”
June 4th 2020
Day 24/100 of productivity 🍫
forgot to post but I watched a documentary called “Salero” while snacking
This helps keep track of my emotions tbh
06/05/20 | “What if 2020 isn’t cancelled? What if 2020 is the year we’ve been waiting for? A year so uncomfortable, so painful, so scary so raw - that it finally forces us to grow. A year that screams so loud, finally awakening us from our ignorant slumber. A year we finally accept the need for change. Declare change. Work for change. Become the change. A year we finally band together, instead of pushing each other further apart.
2020 isn’t cancelled, but rather the most important year of them all.” - Leslie Dwight
🎶 Song Recommendation:
28/100 days of productivity.
Man today was productive!
I did Percentages and Ratios today for GRE.
Yo simple and compound interest, I see you now.
Then turns out I have to edit my 30 pages document of the paper with my prof…. phew.
Managed to get like 3 pages done and call it a day…
Have to practice another 38 sums on percents tomorrow. And make headway in editing that monster doc.
Good times, hustle ahead.
Today’s song of the day: Somedbody To Love. I just like this song and heard it today.