↬ 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 | 𝐡. 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧 ·˚✩
↳ 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 | 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘺'𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 ♡.
↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 | 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘹 𝘧𝘦𝘮!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳
↳ 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 | 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧, 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵, 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦.
⇢ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: suprise surprise i’m writing for my trouble making baby. this is just something i whipped up while i finish writing my peter fic. hope y’all enjoy! <3
─── ･ ｡ﾟ☆: *.☽ .* :☆ﾟ. ───
- being spoiled 25/8.
- harley would always steal anything you want and whatever you needed, when you ask or just to surprise you.
- which always involves with you telling her that it’s not good to keep stealing but that goes into one ear and out the other.
- after her and joker’s breakup it was a hard toll on her but after meeting you it was so nice to finally have light in her life again.
- you two always dealt with some type of criticism everyday but that dosent stop harley.
- if someone even looks at her precious baby the wrong way she will whoop ass real quick. any or everywhere.
- harley was super over protective of you.
- she took you clubbing and wasn’t prepared to see a guy coming up behind you, putting his hands around your hips tightly, grinding against you.
- seeing your distraught face made her anger rise very quickly. slamming her shot glass down she took quick strides from the bar to the dance floor where you were.
- “hands off ma’ girlfriend, dick” harley growled.
- your eyes widening seeing her, you tried to go to her but the mans hands were tight against you.
- “or you could join the fun” the guy smirked at her, harley smirked back menacingly. unexpectedly, her knee rose; rutting up against the guys groin.
- the man falling over with a loud groan as his hands let you go and started to hold himself in his hands.
- you ran over to your girlfriends arms with a drunk relived smile.
- “did i… everrr tell you— how i love you so much” you slurred, pushing her bangs away from her forehead sloppily.
- harley grinned at you, “i love ya too now let’s get outta’ here, sweetness”
- it was early in the morning.
- harley was still sleep when you left out to get her absolute favorite. wanting to surprise your lovely girlfriend, wanting to do something for her.
- “sal, the regular?” you smiled kindly at the man behind the counter that’s separated you two.
- he nodded with a grin and started getting the ingredients for the breakfast sandwich.
- you waited at least 20 minutes maybe less when you saw the brown bag on the counter.
- you gave him the right amount of cash and bid him a goodbye as you made your way back to the flat.
- you opened the door with your key, your eyes immediately meeting harley’s when you pushed the door opened.
- “y/n! where the hell were ya’? bruce is gettin’ hungry. i’m gonna have ta’ get him some food soon”
- you chuckled, rolling your eyes playfully. you simply held up the brown bag, swinging it side to side slightly.
- you heard her gasp loudly, “is that what i think it is?” you saw her start to jump excitedly up and down.
- you laughed as you nodded, the awe look on her face making your heart clench in cuteness overload.
- harley then shrieked, running over to you full speed; nearly knocking you off your feet.
- she then start to give you wet kisses all over your face.
- you were sure you have at least 100 red lip stains on your cheeks, forehead, lips, and everywhere else on your face.
- you weren’t complaining though. you loved it.
- “i love ya so much, sweetness!”
- harley was a fugitive.
- i mean when isn’t she but she is.
- and it was making you so upset to have all these people after her.
- you just wanted your girlfriend by your side, no problems no troubles. just you and her and bruce.
- it was another night, you two sitting on the couch. a bowl of cereal in both of your hands and you both watched the cartoon on the small tv.
- occasionally hearing harley’s contagious laughs.
- ￼you sat there quietly in thought. a million of them wondering around in your head.
- after a few moments, you then felt hands shaking your shoulders lightly, quickly bringing you back to earth.
- “huh? what happened?” you question, your eyes flickering to her concerned ones.
- “you were spaced out, what’s goin’ on?” harley curious voice spoke out to you.
- you took a deep breath and quietly replied.
- “i wish… it was just us you know? no cops, no bad guys trying to get you. i just wish we could live a normal live together…” you whispered, tearing up at your words.
- “hun, ya dating harley quinn… life is never ever gonna be normal” she stated sadly, her face falling when she seen your red, teary eyes.
- “no, you’re more than just ‘harley quinn’. your more than ‘the joker’s ex’. seeing those bruises on your face broke me. seeing those people try and hurt you broke me.”
- “imma terrible person… of course people are gonna come after me” harley murmured, nodding to herself like it’s the most comfortable thing she’s ever said. but she knew the inside of herself was breaking down completely at your pained words.
- she dosent like seeing you in pain at all.
- and that’s when that thick singular tear fell.
- and harley’s troubled little heart clenched painfully at the sight of you crying.
- “princess, please don’t cry. i promise everything’s gonna be fine. you hear me?” harley lifted your face gently, wanting your eyes on hers.
- “i have everything unda’ control, everything’s gonna be fine, sweetness. i promise, ya’ hear me?” you nodded, sniffing before falling into harley’s embrace when she held her arms out to you.
- “ya know, after mister jay’s and i breakup i thought that was it, ya’ know? i didn’t even know that’ll i’ll even consider dating eva’ again. but then i met you, sweetheart. now i don’t think i’ll ever change but you did bring out the best in me.”
Welcome back, Mister J.
I remember reading the first novel in this series, and it was one of the first ever reviews that I ever did. I do recall mentioning that I was a massive fan of these random characters that I wasn’t sure I was gonna see again, so when I discovered there was a second and final novel in the series, I had to get down to reading it!
‘A Matter of Death and Life’ sees our story continue from ‘Dead Again’ with Mitch Shelley, aka Resurrection Man once again fighting to discover who he is. This time he picks up the help of Kim Rebecki, a detective with psychometric powers. However, Mitch finds himself in the crosshairs of both the Suicide Squad and the Body Doubles. Added to the mix are Heaven and Hell who both want to claim Shelley’s soul for their own and you have an action packed novel. But nothing can prepare Shelley for the truth of the villain who has been orchestrating all this chaos in his life.
I will say that I do find the character of Resurrection Man, pretty fascinating. The idea that he comes back with a completely different set of powers that not even can predict means that there’s always some level of suspense about what’s going to happen. The big reveal in the last issue was pretty spectacular and this has been one very interesting series.
The artwork of the novel was not bad. I didn’t particularly think it was the most memorable, but the covers were decent. Overall, this was a very random series, but one that I enjoyed!
I mean damn. I didn’t see that coming!
Mitch obviously. The character development and his powerset is just phenomenal!
- Story Arc: 12/20
- Character Development: 13/20
- Artwork: 12/20
- Enjoyability: 12/20
- Re-readability: 12/20
Overall Rating: 61/100
Suicide Squad #10
Written by: Tom Taylor
Art by: Bruno Redondo
The world knows Ted Kord as Blue Beetle, superhero. But the members of Task Force X know him as something else entirely-the violent and vindictive puppet master who rigged them to blow. With Deadshot murdered and Kord finally at their mercy, will the Suicide Squad get their revenge once and for all?
Empire Magazine covers
Suicide Squad (2016)
The Suicide Squad (2021)
The Squad revealed!