ALL THREE MXTX NOVELS ARE GOING TO BE OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED IN ENGLISH, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, IT'S REAL AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
Here is the link: http://sevenseasdanmei.com/
Also, please check suika's tweet for more details: https://twitter.com/yummysuika/status/1422968206420021253
5K notes · View notes
It’s official! All 3 of MXTX’s works to be licensed in English!
SevenSeasDanmei is starting publication of all 3 of MXTX’s works this year! They just announced it on their twitter and official site!
sevenseasdanmei [.] com
twitter [.] com/gomanga
Yummysuika, the fantranslator for TGCF (as well as many other works!) posted it about it as well -- so please check out her twitter post for some more info!
twitter [.] com/yummysuika/status/1422968206420021253
Because all 3 novels will be translated by the same company, there will be the one thing we’re all happy for: standardization of terms ;o;
⚠ Also note that fanTLs of all 3 novels will be going down soon, to ensure that the legal publications are properly supported and compensated!
⚠ Please respect all translator’s wishes an avoid spreading the fanTLs once they are taken down. Reuploads will all be unauthorized an illegal from that point onwards.
LETS SUPPORT OUR FAVES!!!~ FINALLY WE GET THE CHANCE TO!!!
1K notes · View notes
GUYS????? SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT JUST ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY LICENSED ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS OF ALL MXTX NOVELS????? COMING OUT IN DECEMBER???? AND PREORDERS ARE OPEN NOW IN BOOKSTORES?????
1K notes · View notes
MXTX OFFICIAL EN TRANSLATIONS | Licensed By SevenSeas - NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
Pre-order from sevenseasdanmei.com
Hey guys omg so big news that happened while I was ASLEEP so I’m a little late but this is BIG. Remember when I said EN translations aren’t going to come easy?!! Well there are OFFICIAL EN TRANSLATIONS NOW and y’all can buy them. So no more weird shit about how you can’t navigate JJWXC and shit. A lot of international book stores will be picking them up and the publishing of each volumes will run until 2023 BUT if you can afford please buy them now?!
It’s a HUGE-ass step for the EN fandom for danmei works so please do support!!! Although not the first time danmei works have been translated and sold officially (Via Lactea), these three are the BIGGEST ones so far.
And the best thing is we no longer have to rely on *cough cough* EXR for the EN translations cuz MDZS is being retranslated properly, and SUIKA IS ON THE TEAM STILL FOR TGCF RETRANSLATIONS SO IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!
Here’s what Suika has to say about it!!!! I think these will be the best EN official translations ever 😭😭😭
Does this open the gateway to more proper translations in the future? Hell yes, but I suppose it’ll take time and proper negotiation for profits. But MXTX novels are the biggest we can get out there already that have the largest international fanbase as a whole so 😭😭😭
Also although the hard copy costs basically like…. Usual book prices which is steep even for me BUT SevenSeas says that there’ll be DIGITIAL ECOPY as well! And apparently Right Stuff Anime is selling them the cheapest for now
710 notes · View notes
Official English MXTX is real, it’s been so exciting getting to work on this project with an amazing team! See http://sevenseasdanmei.com/ for details!
605 notes · View notes
WAIT WHATS THIS I HEAR ABOUT MXTX NOVELS IN ENGLISH?
HAHAHA yes anon!!!!
Seven Seas will release ALL THREE OF MXTX'S WORKS, pre-orders are open for the first volumes of all three series - so tgcf, svsss and mdzs!!
suika + pengie will be doing tgcf & mdzs, and faelicy + lily svsss! so we have a team of fan translators & editors that already worked on these novels before, but now will be doing it professionally. it really is a dream come true!
edit: forgot to add this link to suika's thread with lots of info and also the link to the pre-orders!
177 notes · View notes
WAHOOO CONGRATULATIONS!! official english mxtx translations are a go!!
142 notes · View notes
Hey MXTX fans how does it feel to be constantly winning.
All 3 series getting an official English translation!!!!!
BUY PREORDERS HERE
I just bought the preorder for Tian Guan Ci Fu and Mo Dao Zu Shi!
I’m actually screaming, I never thought the novels would ever make it to OFFICIAL status in English.
158 notes · View notes
MXTX trinity getting an official English translation is actually something that can be so personal
244 notes · View notes
Just A Few More Notes on MXTX EN Official Translations
1. Yes, MXTX IS getting money from this set of publications! However, as reminded from a friend in the industry, Seven Seas’ FAQ says rights holders and not MXTX herself, and it’s likely the contract was made with JJWXC so... we can only trust their word that money DOES go back to MXTX. Not casting any doubt, it’s just what it is based on what we can see on the FAQ page
2. ALL translators across all three books are fan translators that have been hired to do the job properly. This does include Suika and Pengie for TGCF and others for MDZS and SVSSS - So for all of you who shitted on fan translators, fan translators are making it happen for yall right now
3. ALL of them will be uncensored
4. Yes, there’ll be hard and soft copies! I KNOW that the EN copies are definitely way more expensive than those who can read Chinese and buy Chinese original versions are used to but there’ll be soft copies which should be cheaper - And hey if you want freebies and all that stuff, you can still buy the cheaper Chinese copies hahahaha
5. Any fan translations of these three books are NOW illegal basically, for real, since there are official ones coming up - I do feel sorry for proper actual respectful fan translators who were taking on MDZS and SVSSS who were doing re-translations and now have to stop etc.
6. SevenSeas will decide whether or not to do further translations of other popular danmeis based on this pre-order so do support if you can
7. Suika found SevenSeas to publish at least TGCF from what I can see from her tweets, so she made it work. With plenty of help of course, but she really, really made it work, even while people were hating on her during the entire translations and buying drama. Now you really can support so no more excuses!
8. What I said about there being no impetus for EN translations: This wouldn’t have been possible if Suika and other translators didn’t push hard for this, and if SevenSeas wasn’t willing to listen to the fan translators, and also give MXTX a proper cut of the profits. What I’m saying is that EN-speaking fandom now, in an economic sense, SHOULD be profitable for authors to want to have their books licensed in EN, and have proper and great translators we’ve seen doing proper work. I’m happy to be wrong definitely, if more EN official translations pop up from SevenSeas, but like I said, this was a concerted effort based on mutual respect on all parties, and we don’t get that very often, so now’s the time to support.
9. And am I ever so glad to say that once again MTL etc. really cannot compare to actual, proper translations, and I’m so happy for Suika and the other translators that they’re now ACTUAL translators and wannabe “I learnt Chinese for 6 months or 1 year and now will translate this terribly difficult novel because I am Smart” and everyone who’s given them trouble can now really shut up, because Suika really made it happen (along with many others yes!). She be all action and talk, I love that
10. Will there still be problems? YES, I think there will be. Despite everything going on official right now, we can all probably agree that troublemakers in the EN-speaking or international fandoms still exist. There’ll always be issues. Especially with new people joining in on the fun now that these super viral and hot titles are available in English, yes we can expect a lot more stupid questions and stupid people coming up. I don’t deny that overall it’s a huge thing, but as always, fandom is fandom, and with new entrants coming in? We definitely have a hell of a ride on our hands
11. Should you take the EN translations as honest gospel and it being THE one translation? I mean not in the sense of publishing or creating fan translations but if any people who speak CN and EN have different takes on translations in terms of expression I’d say those are equally valid and correct. I expect people might go “oh but the official translation version” blah blah but... language is nuanced. Although these translators for the books are the best there are out there, language can still be interpreted or expressed differently in translations! So yep, don’t go accusing smaller translators or content creators for “wrong translations” especially when they speak and lived Chinese all their lives thanks
12. The purest form of the content is still the Chinese version - I’m not being a wet blanket here, but the most, most original form of it is definitely the Chinese version, and things ARE still lost in translation regardless, so personally I of course still prefer the CN versions for all
13. Will novels like 2ha and SPL get official translations? I’d say it might be a bit hard for 2ha because there’re already so many haters in the EN-only speaking fandom for all the “immoral” stuff so yeah. SPL maybe? I honestly think Priest is not that interested in having EN translations for her books tbh unless the money is really boomz, so that one is up there for anyone’s guess as well.
14. In the meantime, Via Lactea does have licensed books for smaller danmei prints so do support them as well!!!
381 notes · View notes
ALL THREE MXTX's BOOKS ARE BEING OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED IN ENGLISH!!
The awesome fan translators for MDZS, SVSSS and TGCF (f.e Suika) is working with them on the official translations. They've hired fan artists for the book cover arts. Each work will be divided into several volumes for purchase, and they will be remastered and uncensored versions of the fan translations you've read. Proceeds will actually go to MXTX-laoshi!
Please go to SevenSeasDanmei.com for more details and to place your pre-orders!
130 notes · View notes
ALL THREE OF MXTX WORKS WILL FINALLY BE GETTING AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH PUBLICATION THROUGH SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT.
No covers or anything yet, and each series will be released by volume. Volume 1 of all three series is up for preorder, check the link for details!
106 notes · View notes
summer bingqiu! ☀
full pics on p/atreon
91 notes · View notes
i cant believe we're going to get an official eng translation of all mxtx books and that they hired the og fan translators who did the existing eng translations i cant believe i'm going to finally have a physical copy of sv i can't believe the sv mains are going to eat for ONCE
94 notes · View notes
SOME FAQs FOR THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH RELEASE OF MXTX NOVELS
I saw the tags, reblogs, and replies in my previous post about the official release of MXTX novels in English, and it seems that some of you still have questions about the details.
I will try to summarize all the information I have at this moment, but for more details, you guys can check the publisher's Website or Twitter.
A thread here by suika, one of the translators involved in the project, may also help you.
Is MXTX going to profit/get paid from this?
Yes, this is an official release, so the author gets the profit she deserves. ^^
Will there be a digital version or prints only?
According to the publisher's website, there will be both.
When is it going to be released?
All Vol. 1 of these novels will be released on 7 December 2021.
The rest of the volumes will be released in the following months until March 2023.
Twitter user yinginannoying has kindly compiled all the release dates for us here. Otherwise you can check the publisher's website, as well.
Will it be uncensored? How about the extras/short stories?
According to suika, it will be uncensored. The publisher (Seven Seas Danmei) said they will remain faithful with all content included, and the books will be rated 17+ for violence, language, and sexual contents.
So yes, all extras are going to be included, as well.
Also, please note that they will not include specific content warnings.
Do they ship to X country?
So far, the books will be sold in Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, and RightStuf. Book Depository ships worldwide (for FREE!).
P. S. Some personal notes on Book Depository. Their shipping usually cannot be tracked and sometimes it might take a long time for the books to arrive (in my personal experience, about three months). But it will definitely arrived!
And in the case it does not, their Customer Service is very helpful. I once bought a whole set of Harry Potter books. Because it does not arrive after three or so months, I contacted them and they sent me a brand new set for free, which arrived only a month after.
The price is a bit too much for me, especially because there are so many volumes in total. :'D
Always remember to only spend in fandoms according to what you can afford. Don't force yourself because in the end, fandom stuffs are not your primary needs. :)
Also, although there are 17 books in total for all three titles, they're not all being released on the same day, so there is time to save up. ^^
Will they also release the manhua?
No, because MDZS manhua already has official English release in WeComics, and TGCF manhua in Bilibili Comics.
Will there be merchandise, as well?
So far, the publisher said there are no merchandise planned.
Will there be an audio book?
No audio book is announced at the moment.
Are they going to release more danmei titles in the future?
If these ones do well, they may consider it. ^^
67 notes · View notes
GUYS WHAT THE FUCK MORE GOOD NEWS TODAY?! SVSSS SEASON TWO AND THOUSAND AUTUMNS QIAN QIU SEASON TWO ARE NOW CONFIRMED!!!!
OMG BINGQIU SHENANIGANS AND MORE HOT YAN WUSHI AHHHHHH
AWM and Lord of the Mysteries have been confirmed as well!!! Sadly no Silent Reading 😭
43 notes · View notes
Svsss really walked so its siblings could end up on trending without it-
68 notes · View notes
To point out some good things about MXTX official English translation (from suika’s twitter thread):
The books are going to be uncensored, with glossary standardized across 3 novels, footnotes, and chara guides. And they’re keeping gege, er-gege, and shizun :D
Also MXTX is getting paid and 7seas may consider licensing more danmei titles if this goes well. Imagine being able to easily buy your other beloved novels!
For more info here is Q&A from 7seas page:
Will the books ship/be available internationally?
Each series will be available in North America and in many bookstores around the globe, but in case they’re not in a store near you, many retailers such as Book Depository will also ship internationally.
What about the manhua/comics?
These licenses are for the original novel series. The Master of Diabolism manhua is currently available in English digitally on WeComics, while Bilibili is releasing the Heaven Official's Blessing manhua.
Does this include all the short stories?
Yes! Our English editions will include all the material given to us by the licensors, which includes all the short stories as previously seen in print and digital editions.
Will you censor anything?
We’re working closely with respected translators in the danmei community to ensure a smooth, faithful translation with all content included (including all short stories). The books are rated ages 17+ for violence, language, and sex.
Does this support the creator?
These are official English editions licensed from the Chinese rights holders, so every new copy purchased—ebook or paperback—will support the original creator, like the official editions in various other languages.
Will there be merch included with the books?
The English editions will all include exclusive art and internal illustrations, and the paperback editions will be deluxe and oversized. There is no merch planned for the series’ debut on December 7, but that might change for later books.
Will there be an audio book?
No audio book is being announced at this time.
Will Seven Seas be publishing any more danmei series?
If these books sell well, that increases the chance that other danmei will be published officially in English!
Will the books have content warnings/ratings?
The books will all be rated 17+, due to adult content in the text. Seven Seas does not include specific content warnings on books, but the rating will be printed on the back cover.
The only concern I have is the deal between MXTX and the stakeholders, I hope MXTX is not getting ripped off (but we still don't have power over that, it depends on their legal contract).
Schedule for the releases (courtesy of @yinginannoying on twitter):
51 notes · View notes
WHAT!! WHY AM I JUST FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS!?! THERE’S GONNA BE AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION NOVEL!!?! FOR MDZS TGCF AND SVSSS!?! AHHHHHHH
55 notes · View notes
Since I’m seeing some confusion, I’d like to clarify: the fan translation for TGCF is going to be taken down in ~12 hours, and SVSSS in ~15 hours from the time of this post, as announced by Suika and Faelicy respectively.
The fan translation for MDZS is likely going to be taken down soon as well, but I have not seen a statement on when exactly that’ll happen.
Though it will take many months to years for the novels (especially TGCF) to be completely published, the fan translations are still going to be taken down! Please take note!
40 notes · View notes