A new illustration that was featured as a display triptych in the @illumicrate Chain of Gold Special Edition box! It features the main trio from the Infernal Devices trilogy, Will, Tessa and Jem!
I had a really fun time with this piece, and it allowed me to get in some nice expression detail for the two pairings. The flat colors (meant to replicate stain glass) was an appealing style to work in! Black Friar’s bridge can be seen behind the couples in the time period that they’re in. (’A bridge through time’)
I must say, I'm super new to the Shadowhunters world - at least in the book spectrum. I was suuuuuper put off from reading the series since I distinctly remember not enjoying the original City of Bones film. Unrelated to participating in this box, I did get some prodding about this trilogy from other readers, and the time period setting really appealed to my tastes. I started from TID #1, went back to TMI #1 for world building context, and finished off TID #2 and #3 - and I very much enjoyed it! I was working on the Nutcracker Papercraft as I was listening to the final chapters of Clockwork Princess, and y'all.............
I had to RECUT some of the pieces because of tear stains.
3K notes · View notes
Underrated moments in “Forever Fallen” that deserve way more attention (contains spoilers!):
- Kit calling Jem “Brother Hauntingly Attractive” and absolutely telling Tessa all about it when they got back. Tessa and Kit 100% tell each other every time someone calls Jem attractive and they keep notes on the best ones and no one can change my mind.
- The fact that Mina looks exactly like Jem but Jem thinks she looks like Tessa because how else would she be so beautiful? And Tessa and Kit are both just like, “You’e fucking beautiful too, you gorgeous idiot.”
- Lily and Jace know each other well enough that all Thule! Jace had to do was correct her on his name and Lily was like “fuck, shit. Gotta go tell Alec that that’s not our blond buffoon.” We’ve been robbed of that friendship.
- Raphael went to war for Lily. I repeat, Raphael went to war for Lily. I fucking love that sassy little bastard, even though I know he would absolutely hate me.
- Kit picking up and singing to Mina so that she doesn’t wake up Tessa and Jem.
- Kit cursing when he almost accidentally falls with Mina and then trying to cover her ears. Kit as a big brother is the content we need and deserve.
- Jem saying him and Tessa “had a very long engagement.” Bitch, that’s an understatement.
- Kit wearing superhero pajamas to breakfast. He’s watched all the MCU movies and no one can change my mind.
- Jem telling Kit he can’t be friends with the baker’s sister because she called him a beast and Kit basically being like, “did you get her number, tho?”
- SILLY MELON.
- Max cheating at soccer by straight up stealing the ball. Fucking legend.
- Thule! Jace deciding not to kill Max because he heard Alec call out his name. Fucking sobbing.
- Jem and Tessa noticing that Kit always looked at the valuables so they packed everything up and put it all in Kit’s room just so they could deadass call Kit the most precious thing in their house. Fucking superb.
- Jace ratting Simon out to Isabelle while still on the phone with Simon. They have the best friendship.
- Kit and Tessa taking it upon themselves to teach Jem about all the books and movies in pop culture. I 100% believe Jem is fucking with them at least 50% of the time just so they can spend family time together. Tessa knows and lets Kit get the movie ready first, even though she absolutely believes one should read the book first.
- Tessa singing Kit the lullaby Rosemary used to sing for him while Jem plays the violin.
- Kit refusing to call Church anything other than “bad cat.”
- “If you’re asking whether I’m working out my emotional pain through a punishing physical regimen, my answer is obviously a manly yes” Kit’s a fucking Herondale disaster but at least he’s a self-aware one.
- Kit thinking people don’t love him and that he isn’t enough to be loved and Jem being like, “you are perfect and everyone is lucky to have you.” Which is absolutely true.
- Kit being unable to say Ty’s name and Jem still figuring out it was a Blackthorn. Kit feeling unloved was tragic.
- “Don’t be grateful. Where there is love, Kit, there is no need for gratitude. And I love you.” FUCKING SOBBING.
TLDR: Jem is the best father in all of TSC and Kit is his sassy teenage son with emotional constipation that absolutely adores his baby sister.
3K notes · View notes