Tfp show review!!:
Now that the shows over, let’s get to the pros and cons!
- The animation was LOVELY. You hardly see any errors, most you get is the occasional clipping, and even then, they aren’t G1 levels of distracting.
- The backgrounds and surroundings. Gorgeous.
- The fact that this show, while serious, has the capacity for humor, is honestly great. Its very well timed.
- Wordplay and puns abound. It’s magical, befitting the most daddest of jokes.
- The bonds between the humans and their Cybertronian guardians. It felt realistic and genuinely caring.
- “I NEEDED THAT!”
- Lob ball. Simple, good shit.
- The double meaning in episode names. TMI was LITERALLY too much information for Bulkhead.
- Starscream’s sounds.
- Starscreams bullshit.
- Starscream’s constant need for validation.
- Airachnid. Shut up.
- The ACTION SCENES. Are the best I’ve seen in any series. Its realistic, its gorgeous, and no two fighting styles are exactly the same.
- The humans are ACTUALLY helpful holy shit. I was shook when they needed the humans in ways that made SENSE.
- The different character interactions. From Arcee to Cliffjumper, to Optimus and Dreadwing. So many characters are given thought and interactions. Its lovely.
- The poor Steves. Fucking idiots who deserve cookies after fucking up construction.
- Soundwave having the only braincell in the decepticons.
- Knockout constantly trying to get dicked down.
- Slight nods to older generations like g1 and beast wars.
- Fowler and June not only being good characters, but capable, with the kids interest in mind.
- The fact that you will care. At some point, for some character, you will be attatched to a character. And it WILL fuck you up.
- Cybertronian biology and technology. Is so good and satisfying.
- Voice acting is 100% on point. You wiill not be disappointed here, especially with Knockout and Starscream.
- Theres hand drawn scenes in some cases. They. Are GORGEOUS. Completely.
- The constant twists and turns with characters. You are GUARANTEED to be surprised at some point.
- Character progression, especially Smokescreen’s and Arcee’s. So good, SO satisfying.
- The mouth movements sometimes make me REALLY uncomfortable. Like I sometimes want them to shit the hell up with how they move.
- Jack. He’s just. He’s not AWFUL, he’s just my least favorite kid, and I hate how he’s made to feel so special. Tbh, I think getting rid of him, giving Miko a chance to be mature at times, and just roping June herself as the guiding figure would’ve been great. In my opinion.
- Megatron fucks up his chances of success so often, just because he wants to be a dick. All he had to do was be nice a few fucking times and he might’ve fucking won the war.
- Fuck Silas. I like the whole MECH idea, but Silas just isn’t an interesting bad guy to me.
- This one is a big ass gripe of mine. Blackarachnia and Breakdown were killed off, purely because they were low on budget. Because they paid the Rock ONCE to voice act. I approve of how they died, they were creative, but the reason as to WHY they had to, was just exhausting to me.
- This is a smaller gripe. The theme of this series on the whole is ‘find something, cut off decepticons in the meantime, while simultaneously protecting the humans’. Its repeated with different objects. And its not necessarily BAD, it has lots of variety, but it’s a small gripe.
- Dreadwing. His character was himself was great, but he felt rather wasted. I would’ve loved for him to join the autobots. Spoilers here, but in the movie, Knockout joins the autobots. It’s characteristic of him, sure, but it was kinda…random of Knockout to just join them and not someone like Dreadwing. Him and his brother just felt kinda wasted tbh?
The gripes i have with this show are minimal. The show, on the whole, is VERY good, very heartfelt, very easy to meme on and laugh about. Its a feel good show, and it was my introduction to this fandom. On the whole? 9/10!