I finished reading If We Were Villains and I NEVER screamed so much in my life
I gotta tell that The Secret History is The best representation of dark academia aesthetic for the next 2 reasons:
gay + murder
for those who do not love their education deeply
- you are not ‘spoilt’
- you are not 'wasting’ anything or anyone’s time
- the educational system is awful & you have every right to speak out against it
- a teacher must teach you, but they must also entertain and encourage you. if they do not, that is out of your control
- most dark academics are making the best of a bad situation
- your mental health matters more than grades
- not every subject will thrill & excite you. not enjoying literature, poetry or art doesn’t make you a 'fake’ academic
- you can enjoy a subject without studying it & you have every right to say you enjoy it
- barely passing or failing a course is not the end of the world. you will get better, whether that means continuing the course or dropping it for your true passion
- sometimes you’re not good at something, even if you love it. don’t sacrifice your mental & physical health to pass a course that you find impossible, but let yourself enjoy it if you can
- remember your worth is not in your grades.
dionysus & aphrodite.
i literally bought a copy of the goldfinch yesterday, spent the ENTIRE day thinking anout how much i wanted to read it (couldnt due to studies/work) and now its trending.
im fully convinced i manifested that into life.
enter the players. there were seven of us then, seven bright young things with wide precious futures ahead of us, though we saw no farther than the books in front of our faces. we were always surrounded by books and words and poetry, all the fierce passions of the world bound in leather and vellum.
nothing left to say, just tightly clutching onto every last bit of autumn
The Secret History by Donna Tartt.
❛ And if beauty is terror, then what is desire? We think we have many desires, but in fact we have only one. What is it?
oh i just got my paper copy of the secret history and i’m so happy and excited to make some real notes in it. because first time i read it on my ipad and i liked the book but didn’t get the vibe i needed
I now have TWO copies of The Secret History bc I’m a pretentious pendant
“You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life.”
Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch
i was in a bookstore for the first time in like, year and a half? i almost cried tears of joy seeing all the books. i bought the goldfinch as a gift for myself cuz this year has been way too hard. i bought the great gatsby as a christmas present for a friend. life was good when i was there. when i left the store, the feeling went away.
psa. whats a good note to leave in the book for my friend?
the goldfinch is #8 on Tumblr trending dark academics RISE
Opening comms now! Added in two new options, sketch and design so dm me for inquiries! Kofi is in the caard in bio
To specify for sketch and lined I would 100% prefer directly through PayPal (ofc as stated there for under $60)
why is the goldfinch trending just as I start reading the secret history…..
the secret history:
francis is fascinated with chocolate sculptures. this has no basis in anything i just think it’s funny
Am I the only one who wants to go into an old abandoned manor and just play some songs and run around dancing in there or am I being weird ?