actually i wanna talk more about this because Danny and Lori could've really been something if the show creators didnt constantly sideline Danny for Steve. And I'm not just talking about romantically (tho loridanny is my beloved) but h5o creators have a history of almost distorting characters from their initial forms in order to fit them into meaningful relationships with Steve when they're actually so much better suited to be friends with Danny
Chin and Kono are really the only characters in the show who are equally close to Steve and Danny (though that changes a lot in the later seasons as well) and its something that bugs me a lot
Lori and Danny are both from the mainland, both from traditional law enforcement, both have very strict ideals about police procedure (until they warped Danny completely) and could've honestly been such good friends and had a really meaningful bond. The same goes for Lou and Danny if I'm being totally honest -- I never understood why they continuously tried to force Lou and Steve together, when literally nothing would've happened if Lou had bonded with Danny instead. Even Adam and Tani start out with really meaningful relationships with Danny -- but those relationships end up getting sidelined for their relationship w Steve.
Hell they even do it with Jerry. Jerry is Chin's friend from highschool, and yet somehow by the end of the show: Steve is the guy Jerry is closest to.
I know that Steve was the main character and its important to show him as a vital part of the show, but there's so many dynamics in the show that I personally feel would've been better suited to be Danny focused -- and would've given so much more depth and nuance to these characters
16 notes · View notes
You got ideas about Tim & Dami being close brothers in the wing au bc I would love to hear them
Yes. Yes I do. Sorry if any of this contradicts things I’ve said before, the au evolves and changes as time goes on and I get new ideas
- their relationship starts to patch after Tim saves Damian from falling to his death (they were over the ocean, and they were high up enough that hitting the water would’ve been like hitting concrete). They have a couple of half conversations afterwards that put them on better ground
- if they catch each other plucking, they’ll grab the nearest projectile and chuck it at each other. Alternatively, if there’s something that’s stick like, they will whack each other. Tim once used a spray bottle - it was very effective
- they become really close when Dick ‘dies’
- Tim basically takes over as the primary older brother for Damian. I’m talking movie nights, emotional talks, preening each other, patrolling together, Dami crashing at Tim’s apartment increasingly often, the whole enchilada
- Damian starts fledging during this time and Tim is the one that finds his plucked flight feathers in the trash, thus being the first one to find out he’s fledging (extremely early, might I add)
- as The Big Brother, Tim takes it upon himself to teach Damian how to fly. Bruce helps, of course, but more often than not it’s Tim
- Dick comes back halfway through Damian’s fledging, and is completely floored by how close Tim and Dami are now
- I think I’ve mentioned that Tim teaches Dami how to soar and dive?
- such things can’t be taught in the flight training section of the cave, so Tim takes Dami waaaaay up into the sky to find some nice thermals. No one else really has wings built for such high altitudes (except for Jay), so it’s some quality bonding time
- when Tim notices Dami needs some peace and quiet, he’ll take him up for some soaring time (and vice versa)
- a lot of times they’ll vent to each other while soaring
- now that they’re super close, they won’t hesitate to just start taking care of each others’ wings. If Damian sees a crooked feather on Tim’s wing, he’ll casually put it back in it’s place. If Tim notices a spot that Damian plucked, he’ll go get a little bandaid and slap it on
- They refuse to acknowledge it, of course, and it’s kind of an inside joke between them.
Dick, catching them preening each other for the first time: are you guys preening each other?
Damian: tt, don’t be ridiculous, Richard
Tim: like i’d let the demon anywhere near my wings
Dick: okay...can i -
Damian: there’s nothing to join in on
- they have a game called Let’s Steal Jason’s Wings And See How Long We Can Keep Them Hidden. no one else is allowed to participate
48 notes · View notes