Chiang Sheng in Attack of the Joyful Goddess (1983)
So Chiang Sheng’s character is a Peking opera performer. His role is the Nandan which is a male that plays a female role. They often take on the habits, actions, and mindset of a woman. Often, if the performer was experienced, there was no differentiating him with a female. This is true in the character’s case.
My Cousin Rachel (2017), dir. Roger Michell
The most unbelievable part of The Long Kiss Goodnight is when that one-eyed guy recognizes Charlie from a shitty ‘90’s era tv, in a cage, that far away.
finally watched the notebook and ugh . 🥺🥺
Be careful, you are not in Wonderland. I’ve heard the strange madness long growing in your soul, in your isolation but you fortunate in your ignorance. You who have suffered find where love hides, give, share, lose, lest we die unbloomed.
KILL YOUR DARLINGS | dir. John Krokidas
PLEASE CLOUDS GOT ME CRYING SO HARD
And damn, Anthony Mackie as the main antagonist?? Never knew I needed to see that in my life
over the moon made me realize how much my dad’s passing at age 6 really affected me, got me ugly crying when they mentioned a love one dying and how much it hurts
not me having a crush on the moon goddess-
Need the Morticia to my Gomez, ya feel?
Nothing is wrong with this movie. Your opinion is wrong and you have shit taste.
Let us count:
- “Whodunit” scenario that takes the classic red riding hood story, but makes it out to be a crime scene, with multiple perspectives that all intersect, and contradict, with the other perspectives. already, that’s brilliant.
- it’s fucking funny. it’s so fucking funny, patrick warburton is hilarious as the wolf. also, the fucking idea of a Grandma who’s obsessed with extreme sports, bungy jumping, skiing professionally, wrestling, like. it is so fucking hilarious.
- also i wanna point out, GRANDMA LITERALLY CARRIES C4 ON HER. Remember, she starts a fucking avalanche just so she can win a skiing competition? She just carries it on her everywhere. I have no idea where it was even stored, she just constantly has c4.
- that singing goat. “A witch cursed me to sing forever, and i wish to scream, but since i can’t, i shall yodel.” and also “ BE PREPARED.”
- “this guy’s a cop?” “worse, he’s a reporter.”
- the soundtrack is SO good and appropriate.
- Mr. Flippers.
- The damn squirrel is iconic.
- all the intersecting stories showing the “true” picture” when all coming together, like, that’s just such a fun concept.
- and then the plot twist.
- “FEAR THE EARS BABY.”
I’ll never never be this cool
no, I didn’t go to the cocksucker! I’ve never been to the cocksucker, I won’t, my cocksucking days are OVER!
zendaya singing to “this is me” and looking angrily to the camera???? i’m so turned on right now
PEOPLE: I’ve watched The Old Guard so many times already.
ME: Why would you watch a movie so many times in such a short space of time?
ME: *watches The Old Guard*
ME:. Oh. This is why.
As Above, So Below (2014)
This movie is SO good!!! My friend from school showed it to me once, and this is one of the few movies that have scared me!
It pulls off the found footage style perfectly!! It’s about a group of people trying to find treasures in the catacombs before it goes horribly wrong, and it’s FILMED IN THE CATACOMBS!! It’s extremely scary!!! I fully recommend it! 1000000/10
more than half into sanam teri kasam and all the fun times are pretty much over. getting mentally ready to be obliterated by sadness. love bawling my eyes out.