obsessed w this review joe wrote for gunfight which. for the record. came out before “spectre of the gun”
see you space cowboy…
Oh Captains ! My Captains !
A digital Star Trek comic. Kirk and Chekov stand in a lift in uniform.
Kirk: Mr Chekov, can I speak to you in Rec Room 6?
Chekov, awkwardly: ? Yes, Keptin
They stand with awkward expressions, with the caption ‘Lift Noises’.
The turbolift dings, the doors open and they exit it, entering Rec Room 6. Kirk sits on a table with a sigh.
Kirk: You know I support you, right?
Chekov stares at Kirk with a question mark over his head. They are both silent.
Kirk: That you’re into men, that is.
Chekov stares at him. Then—
Chekov: You and Mr Spock, Keptin. You are gay.
Kirk stares at him.
Conveniently, the Rec Room’s door opens. Uhura, Sulu and Spock enter. Uhura is mid-sentence.
Uhura: You know, you’re gonna have to teach me that lyre some day, Mr Spock.
Chekov: Ah, Mr Spock!
Spock: Greetings, ensign.
Chekov: You and the Keptin. You are gay, yes?
Spock stares. Uhura and Sulu look on expectantly. Spock glares at everyone.
Spock: Yes, we are.
Kirk, still sitting on the desk, is blushing furiously. Nobody says anything. Spock walks out.
Spock: Congratulations on your homosexuality, ensign.
Kirk, with eyes glowing red, corners Bones.
Bones: Jesus, Jim.
Kirk grabs Bones by the front of his shirt.
Kirk: Am I gay?
Bones: The fact you gotta ask says a lot, man.
types of star trek fans
- jeffrey combs fans who have seen reanimator (subset: ent fans who have seen quantum leap)
- tos spirkers who don’t acknowledge that any other star trek shows exist
- mildly irritating garashir shippers (subset: mildly irritating kiradax shippers)
- insane url
- artist who draws trip tucker
- somehow has only seen discovery
- datas bitch (80% screencaps of data and 20% talking about data)
- quark mains who want him (deranged subset: brunt mains who ship qunt)
- analysis guys (subset: people who are overwhelmed with emotions at 3 am and say nonsense. and they’re right) (2nd subset: articulate people who write like their english teacher is judging them on grammar)
- lower decks fan
- has somehow seen every single star trek and divides posting equally amongst them (subsets: has seen prodigy/has not seen prodigy)
- still has a dilf url
In response to a recent post i have seen that bashes SNW Uhura, and calls her ugly, masculine, androgynous, etc as compared to her white counterparts in the name of advocating for black femininity:
What about having short hair makes Uhura look 'unfeminine'?
Millions of gorgeous black women around the world rock the close cut, and are still beautiful, elegant and feminine.
Celia's uhura has full lips, sparkling eyes, a soft voice, and graceful demeanor.
Just because SNW Uhura doesn't fit into your narrow view of black femininity does not mean she isn't just as beautiful, feminine, and romantically desirable as her white crewmates, with and without short hair.
Also, can we stop calling black women things like: "masculine bald boys"?
Signed, a black woman who is tired of having her femininity questioned.
There is always magic in the forest.
To Boldly Go... // Matt Kehler
Beautiful waterfall in Valdez Alaska // john derting
𝖦𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖲𝗉𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝖬𝗎𝗆, 𝖪𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝖬𝗎𝗅𝗀𝗋𝖾𝗐. 🖖🏻✨
“Live long and prosper, Spock.”
“I shall do neither. I have killed my captain and my friend.”
- T’Pau and Spock, Amok Time
“Live long...and prosper.”
- Spock and Kirk, The Wrath of Khan
They have the same reaction to thinking/knowing that the other is dead.
I just,,think about that a lot.
star trek ‘favorites’ ask game
1. favorite show
2. favorite captain
3. favorite episode
4. favorite character
5. favorite species
6. favorite villain
7. favorite recurring character
8. favorite episode character
9. favorite background character
10. favorite moment
11. favorite dynamic
12. favorite starship (or station)
13. favorite first officer
14. favorite engineer
15. favorite doctor
16. favorite security chief
17. favorite ensign
18. favorite non-starfleet character
19. favorite science officer
20. favorite ‘outsider character’
21. favorite ‘artificial lifeform’
22. favorite vulcan
23. favorite ferengi
24. favorite klingon
25. favorite captain-first officer dynamic
26. favorite time travel or holodeck episode
27. favorite character-driven episode
28. favorite ‘bad’ episode
29. favorite mirrorverse episode
30. favorite plot of the week episode
31. favorite two-parter
32. favorite season (of any show)
33. favorite pilot episode
34. favorite cast photo
35. favorite behind-the-scenes fact
36. favorite actor
37. favorite novel
38. favorite movie
39. favorite fanwork
40. favorite couple/pairing
41. favorite headcanon
42. favorite non-trek show (or other media)
43. favorite piece of worldbuilding
44. favorite niche detail
45. favorite memory alpha page
46. favorite ‘new trek’ show
47. favorite classic trek show
48. favorite alien design
49. favorite comedic moment
50. favorite thing about star trek
Welcoming the newest crew member on board